Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Concern: Pro Bush 'Traditionalists' Suck. Their views are based on withholding rights

In the movie movie "Jesus Camp", I believe Ted Haggard says it. He also says that if evangelicals vote, Republicans win. This isn't quoting some made up statistic from The Nation magazine or something. This is what the evangelical leaders (Robertson, Falwell, etc) say.
    of course the evangelical leaders say that. they want to make their followers think that they have a ton of control so they'll go out and vote. that doesn't mean it isn't greatly exaggerated just like everything else he says. their followings are pretty damn big but they aren't what's wrong with America. they're just flatout not. if every American could become a crazed ideologue of some sort things would be 100X better than they are now. the problem is that 85% of the country doesn't have a substantial opinion on a broad spectrum of issues, right OR wrong and are therefore swayed by emotion which is what the dirty conservatives currently in power take advantage of.

High School Varsity 6th Man apriorist's Avatar

Default Re: Concern: Pro Bush 'Traditionalists' Suck. Their views are based on withholding rights

You are a rambling psycho. I love it how idiots like you (i.e., liberals) call anyone who doesn't agree with them 'bigots' (I don't care if you say you're libertarian). How is Bill O'Reilly a bigot? By the way, I am *not* a big fan of him, he is a hard-ass, but how is he a bigot?

Default Re: Concern: Pro Bush 'Traditionalists' Suck. Their views are based on withholding ri

Quote Originally Posted by apriorist
    You are a rambling psycho. I love it how idiots like you (i.e., liberals) call anyone who doesn't agree with them 'bigots' (I don't care if you say you're libertarian). How is Bill O'Reilly a bigot? By the way, I am *not* a big fan of him, he is a hard-ass, but how is he a bigot?
    Are you talking to me? If you don't think Bill O'Reilly is a bigot, you need to learn the definition child.

BTW: You already proved you don't have the comprehension to understand there is more than two political parties, therefore your liberal rants are retarded and void.
    Last edited by XxNeXuSxX; 02-18-2007 at 11:03 PM.

Default Re: Concern: Pro Bush 'Traditionalists' Suck. Their views are based on withholding ri

Quote Originally Posted by nashforprez
    i didnt defend bushs actions
    Good!

Quote Originally Posted by geeWiz15
    of course the evangelical leaders say that. they want to make their followers think that they have a ton of control so they'll go out and vote. that doesn't mean it isn't greatly exaggerated just like everything else he says. their followings are pretty damn big but they aren't what's wrong with America. they're just flatout not. if every American could become a crazed ideologue of some sort things would be 100X better than they are now. the problem is that 85% of the country doesn't have a substantial opinion on a broad spectrum of issues, right OR wrong and are therefore swayed by emotion which is what the dirty conservatives currently in power take advantage of.
    Do you really think the majority of rational thinking people looked at George W. Bush and thought, "Now there's a guy that looks like he knows what's going on." And while you disagree with me at the beginning of your post, it seems like you agree with me at the end.

If you don't think evangelicals have a lot of power, look at the ratings for right-wing radio (Fox News, too; they pander to Christians A LOT) as well as Christian broadcasting. Why is there even a debate about evolution in this country? Why were schools in the Bible Belt teaching creationism alongside evolution? Are you kidding me?

I happen to think Bill O'Reilly is a bigot, and will illustrate if anyone cares.

Definition of bigot according to Dictionary.com: One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

And I only have one thing to say to people who disagree with me: "SHUT UP!"

Buh bump.

Serious playground baller Juvenile's Avatar

The Christian right is in their core political theory as totalitarian as were the NS and Sowjet regimes.They believe that they have the absolute truth (bible) and that all political power should be subdued to one power that will uphold that truth. That is the very definition of a totalitarian regime. Absolute truth and absolute power.

There are other signs or criteria to a totalitarian regime.

Historicism, the defined outcome of the history of mankind. Commies had the class war leading to the rule of the proletariat. Nazis had the "Tausendj

Local High School Star

I cant be for killing violent criminals and be against the killing of innocent babies?

TC is an idiot.

Serious playground baller Juvenile's Avatar

Actually, the argument is:

Killing fetuses in their mothers womb is murder, the fetuses are worth as much as any human being. Murder is not allowed, therefore abortion is not allowed.

If we agree that Christians cannot and shall not murder, we have to find a reason to allow killing a criminal. That reason would have to be, that said criminal lost his rights as a human being due to his crime. Christians cannot use that reason though, since their Lord Jesus Christ has died for the sins of mankind and all and everyone shall be forgiven. So how could someone lose his right to live?

Question now: How can you object abortion and be pro capital punishment? Say hello to bigotry!
    Last edited by Juvenile; 02-21-2007 at 10:47 AM.

How can you object abortion and be pro capital punishment? Say hello to bigotry!
    Hello Hypocracy?

But yeah, you are absolutely correct.. Cant preach the about the gift of life on one hand and support murder on the other.

Your God doesnt differentiate between government sanctioned murder and regular murder....Murder is murder..

You got guys who are soo 'pro-life' they bomb an abortion clinic and kill 10 people... WTF sense does that make?

People think God has enlisted them to kill others and force this view on people in God's name... God doesnt need you to murder people over abortion or Gay rights or a picture of Muhammad or interacial marriage or any of the things that men murder people for and do it in the name of their God....

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    Hello Hypocracy?

But yeah, you are absolutely correct.. Cant preach the about the gift of life on one hand and support murder on the other.

Your God doesnt differentiate between government sanctioned murder and regular murder....Murder is murder..

You got guys who are soo 'pro-life' they bomb an abortion clinic and kill 10 people... WTF sense does that make?

People think God has enlisted them to kill others and force this view on people in God's name... God doesnt need you to murder people over abortion or Gay rights or a picture of Muhammad or interacial marriage or any of the things that men murder people for and do it in the name of their God....
    Just because I am christian doesn't mean I must agree with everything in the bible.

Just because I am christian doesn't mean I must agree with everything in the bible.
    Well, I dont know what type of christian you consider yourself to be in that case because the Bible is like a christian's heart....

Cant live without it..

You dont get to pick and choose what you will and what you wont adhere to....

Thats not christianity.....That's a facade....

Quote Originally Posted by Howard5Dirk41
    I cant be for killing violent criminals and be against the killing of innocent babies?

TC is an idiot.
    You are a toolbag

Ignorance at it's finest(While leaving out most of the details) Abortion is the destruction of a embryo, do you remember when you were an embryo? Of course you don't know why? It's not "life" it's defined as "potential life".

The same far right believes people should not use condoms or masturb8te because we are killing innocent babies as well. I'm not even joking, these people are insane. The same f*cking excuse is used as well, "All life is precious, and preventing sperm from going into the egg is murder". When do we f*cking draw the line from these idiots?

What p*sses me off more than anything is the "pro-lifers", much like PETA, would rather be against stem cell research (for some unknown, idiotic motive) and let a person who needs an internal organ die, rather than allowing people to continue stem cell research and construct bodily organs for those who currently need them. Hypocrisy....

Just like PETA, the lady in charge of PETA has her picture next to the definition of "hypocrite" in the dictionary. You probably have seen the tireless tirades about how we all should abandon products that have been tested on animals. Well guess what, when that very lady in charge of that area got diabetes, she had no problem taking that very thing she despised, taking diabetes medication tested on animals. When questioned, she simply stated her work is much more important in the long run.

An Icon Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    Well, I dont know what type of christian you consider yourself to be in that case because the Bible is like a christian's heart....

Cant live without it..

You dont get to pick and choose what you will and what you wont adhere to....

Thats not christianity.....That's a facade....

Nope. That's not true pal. I know alot of Christians who don't believe in everything the Bible says. They don't have to belieev th eBible is 100% infallible. YOU do not speak for all Christians. I don't think you know what Christianity is for you to say that.