Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-15-2012, 12:45 AM   #31
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Kobe interviewed on AM 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
more here
http://www.foxsportswest.com/02/13/1...26&feedID=8686

There ya go....Ron Artest is not wanted in LA by teammates. Thats to kill the speculation by DK that Mike Brown is creating tension.

As I said before, I am in no way shape or form speculating.......I read what I read and was told what I was told. Metta is the most vocal, outspoken and YES crazy of the unhappy players.

So you actually think that players can only be upset with 1 person at a time???
So in your mind, being upset with Metta would mean that Ebanks is happy with Brown Argument lacks any sense bro.

I get and appreciate how you were raised to respect all coaches when you were a player,....but you are a fan and an adult who's like or dislike has no bearing on the team.........you are free to call it like it is........no need for blind loyalty.
A good friend of mine was a team captain on John Wooden championship teams. He and I (Along with ex-pros) will sit at games at all levels and discuss the choices being made by players and coaches.....we call it like it is.
I guarantee you that he NEVER spoke back to any of his coaches........if you understand the game and are truthful you can recognize the finer details of the game that others miss, and praise or criticize as it really is. No homerism.

Again.....when I didn't care if Brown won or lost games while he was with Cleveland I noticed his constant boneheaded coaching mistakes. They were so glaring that they were laughable......well now that he is our coach it is not so funny to me.......now add to this his indecisiveness
The first unit cannot develop a flow if he keeps shuffling the starting rotation.
Mini Mamba only played a combined 16 minutes against New York and Toronto..........meanwhile we got torched at the position, it was another dumb move.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:58 AM   #32
dd24
College superstar

I think if Cleveland had a different coach they would've went to the finals more than once...... He took a lot of criticism when they left the playoffs earlier than expected a few times. This really isn't just an LA thing. I liked him better as a consultant at ESPN
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:03 AM   #33
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
As I said before, I am in no way shape or form speculating.......I read what I read and was told what I was told. Metta is the most vocal, outspoken and YES crazy of the unhappy players.

So you actually think that players can only be upset with 1 person at a time???
So in your mind, being upset with Metta would mean that Ebanks is happy with Brown Argument lacks any sense bro.

I get and appreciate how you were raised to respect all coaches when you were a player,....but you are a fan and an adult who's like or dislike has no bearing on the team.........you are free to call it like it is........no need for blind loyalty.
A good friend of mine was a team captain on John Wooden championship teams. He and I (Along with ex-pros) will sit at games at all levels and discuss the choices being made by players and coaches.....we call it like it is.
I guarantee you that he NEVER spoke back to any of his coaches........if you understand the game and are truthful you can recognize the finer details of the game that others miss, and praise or criticize as it really is. No homerism.

Again.....when I didn't care if Brown won or lost games while he was with Cleveland I noticed his constant boneheaded coaching mistakes. They were so glaring that they were laughable......well now that he is our coach it is not so funny to me.......now add to this his indecisiveness
The first unit cannot develop a flow if he keeps shuffling the starting rotation.
Mini Mamba only played a combined 16 minutes against New York and Toronto..........meanwhile we got torched at the position, it was another dumb move.

He's kept this lineup with Artest as a starter for the the past few games now. Barnes has also been a consistent rotation player as well. I don't think that is going to change.

The only time you see something new is when Kapono is out there. Its obvious that we signed Kapono to a low risk 1 year deal because we only need him for shooting. Thats how Brown has been utilizing him. As the guy that plays once in a while to spread the floor a little bit. Nothing wrong with that. After watching today's game, it seemed like he had everything planned out. Now lets hope that barring injury, this lineup sticks, provided that Artest keeps playing like how he did today.

Mini-mamba is playing less now because of the return of Blake. I think anyone could have called that he'd be playing less. Thats what happens when a key-rotation player comes back from injury, they put him back in the lineup, and it affects the good thing that we had going before.

Obviously, I would like to see Fisher not playing. But going from starting 30 mins a game to not playing at all would ruin chemistry problems. So instead of making major changes, which is something you are evidently against, he's simply trying to keep all the good players happy.

Mini-mamba is a rookie, I don't think he will be complaining of this shift in minutes. He can start doing that next year, when he has a year of experience under his belt.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:30 PM   #34
DKLaker

Quote:
He's kept this lineup with Artest as a starter for the the past few games now. Barnes has also been a consistent rotation player as well. I don't think that is going to change.

The only time you see something new is when Kapono is out there. Its obvious that we signed Kapono to a low risk 1 year deal because we only need him for shooting. Thats how Brown has been utilizing him. As the guy that plays once in a while to spread the floor a little bit. Nothing wrong with that. After watching today's game, it seemed like he had everything planned out. Now lets hope that barring injury, this lineup sticks, provided that Artest keeps playing like how he did today.

Mini-mamba is playing less now because of the return of Blake. I think anyone could have called that he'd be playing less. Thats what happens when a key-rotation player comes back from injury, they put him back in the lineup, and it affects the good thing that we had going before.

Obviously, I would like to see Fisher not playing. But going from starting 30 mins a game to not playing at all would ruin chemistry problems. So instead of making major changes, which is something you are evidently against, he's simply trying to keep all the good players happy.

Mini-mamba is a rookie, I don't think he will be complaining of this shift in minutes. He can start doing that next year, when he has a year of experience under his belt.

I think there is a trust issue there but it can be repaired as long as he sticks to a set lineup....this will also help Kobe, Pau, Bynum....everyone get comfortable and get into a flow by knowing where everyone will be and where their spots are, where to and not to give them the ball.
I think Brown should've taken minutes away from Fish and not Mini Mamba....he has to have the balls to make these type of unpopular decisions for the good of the team.....right now he seems weak.
I would start Mini Mamba, bring in Blake and Fish gets about 5 minutes a game....I'd just tell him like it is and advise him to join the coaching staff.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:50 PM   #35
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
I'd just tell him like it is and advise him to join the coaching staff.

Hmmmm, there's an idea! Why not fire Brown and have Fish coach the team
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:14 PM   #36
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Hmmmm, there's an idea! Why not fire Brown and have Fish coach the team

Old 02-16-2012, 01:33 AM   #37
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
I think there is a trust issue there but it can be repaired as long as he sticks to a set lineup....this will also help Kobe, Pau, Bynum....everyone get comfortable and get into a flow by knowing where everyone will be and where their spots are, where to and not to give them the ball.
I think Brown should've taken minutes away from Fish and not Mini Mamba....he has to have the balls to make these type of unpopular decisions for the good of the team.....right now he seems weak.
I would start Mini Mamba, bring in Blake and Fish gets about 5 minutes a game....I'd just tell him like it is and advise him to join the coaching staff.

So we've reached some common ground here. I do agree that Fisher was given some green light this season by being played a lot. Take away the minutes now and its a problem. I wish they could have limited him this season. Its something Phil Jackson never really did either.

Do you think owners and management have a say in how much Fisher gets to play?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:48 PM   #38
DKLaker

Quote:
So we've reached some common ground here. I do agree that Fisher was given some green light this season by being played a lot. Take away the minutes now and its a problem. I wish they could have limited him this season. Its something Phil Jackson never really did either.

Do you think owners and management have a say in how much Fisher gets to play?

Yeah....it HAS to be.......I don't like Brown as a coach but.......playing Fisher you would think is something even he wouldn't do on his own
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: