Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: RIP Ultimate Warrior

That timing...

Wow. I watched RAW on Monday for the first time in a LONG TIME. And saw the Ultimate Warrior for first time in a LONG TIME. And now he's dead.

RIP....snort.....

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    I laugh now, even though I shouldn't, but I remember when UW made his debut on WCW and one of the first things Hogan said to him was, "I thought you were dead." That's how much UW fell from the wrestling game. His stint in WCW as "Warrior" was a joke.

Here are a few pics of Ultimate Warrior before the fame
    The "I thought you were dead" joke, was because of the urban rumor that the Ultimate Warrior had died in 1991. I've read a good few people claim that when the Warrior returned to the WWF in 91-'92 that somebody else (possibly Kerry Von Erich) was playing his character.

Banned

Heard something on the radio about the Ultimate Warrior this morning and said it must've been a hoax to my bro since just saw him on Raw and at Wrestlemania. But he's actually dead?

Wow. RIP.
    Last edited by Shade8780; 04-09-2014 at 12:30 PM.

Ultimate Warrior upsets the Iron Sheik at an autograph signing in NJ in May 07 by refusing to shake his hand. Sheik flips out and attacks his agent.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7sqcGuNw6I

People know when their time is up.

Banned

No WWE talent becomes a legend on their own. Every man's heart one day beats its final beat. His lungs breathe their final breath. And if what that man did in his life makes the blood pulse through the body of others and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized. By the story tellers, by the loyalty, by the memory of those who honor him and make the running the man did live forever. You, you, you, you, you, you are the legend makers of Ultimate Warrior. In the back I see many potential legends. Some of them with warrior spirits. And you will do the same for them. You will decide if they lived with the passion and intensity. So much so that you will tell your stories and you will make them legends, as well. I am Ultimate Warrior. You are the Ultimate Warrior fans. And the spirit of the Ultimate Warrior will run forever!
    Said this on Raw, the day before his death. Crazy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    I think some of the hate is justified, but only for Hogan's stint in WCW. Let's face it, outside of Andre the Giant, there was no bigger draw than Hogan during his stint in the WWF. It's natural to push the man that draws the most and to ride that train for as long as possible. Hogan gave UW his chance, but UW was a hard-headed son of a bitch from what I recall and he butted heads with Vince constantly. After that, it was pretty much downhill from there for UW.

I laugh now, even though I shouldn't, but I remember when UW made his debut on WCW and one of the first things Hogan said to him was, "I thought you were dead." That's how much UW fell from the wrestling game. His stint in WCW as "Warrior" was a joke.
    There's no doubt that Hogan was the biggest draw in WWF during the '80s but don't think for a second that Hogan didn't do everything in his power to keep that way. He was notorious for not elevating other workers and in the rare cases that he did do a job, it was rarely clean and never made his opponent look good.

When you look at the two stars that were able to get massively over during Hogan's run, they largely did it in spite of Hogan. Those two being Savage and Warrior (the best case of an over wrestler Hogan was always unwilling put over is DiBiase, who was a big enough star and good enough worker that he should have had a title run when he was the WWF's top heel).

Both Savage and Warrior were so over with audiences that it would've been impossible to ignore it and not put them over, even with Hogan's stature. To put a focus on this, look up Hogan and Warrior from the '90 Royal Rumble (I'd link to the video myself but I'm on my phone at the moment). The reaction from crowd in this situation surprised the ever living crap out I McMahon and the other higher ups to the point where they felt the only option was to schedule a Hogan/Warrior title match at Wrestlemania VI. Keep in mind that the original thinking was to have a Hogan/Zeus blow off match at Wrestlemania. Also to emphasize just how over Warrior was at the time, even Hogan couldn't justify not doing a clean job during the match. There was a reason they thought Warrior was going to be their headlini star going into the '90s. Now the ultimate problem Warrior had as a champion though stemmed from that process because they betrayed the inherent insanity of Warrior's character and ended up booking him exactly they did Hogan, which was a total mistake. Granted it did lead to the Savage/Warrior feud, which is still one of the best in WWF history (sorry, his covers a lot more territory than you were getting into but I also wanted to dispute DJ's claim that Warrior was merely just at the right place and the right time).

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaiteng
    Sheiky's post-wrestling gimmick has blurred the line so much.

Him posting instragram claiming what he had said about Warrior is a work probably seals it that his "FACKINGBULLSHET!" thing is a big ol' gimmick, a work-shoot one.
    His appearances on Howard Stern are amazing. Impossible to tell if he's putting it on or if he really hates Randy Savage for using his marijuana and crack without ponying up any money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYjjZe6hD5Y

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    His appearances on Howard Stern are amazing. Impossible to tell if he's putting it on or if he really hates Randy Savage for using his marijuana and crack without ponying up any money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYjjZe6hD5Y

Banned

exercise profits littl MadeFromDust's Avatar

W-T-F Jeff is making fun of this tragedy??!!11!1

Possessed by B-Ball Ancient Legend's Avatar

Wouldn't it be amazing it if the death was a stunt and he came back in some future WWE event?
    The actual cause has not been released.