Page 68 of 80 FirstFirst ... 18586566676869707178 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1196

Default Re: Lebron James vs Kobe Bryant, in the season, in MVP talk, more

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    instead of going back and forth prove it..
    post a year when 9 teams from the same conference were better than the top 9 of the west now.... otherwise shuss up, your just arguing to argue... your worse then my sister

I bet if he pulls anything out of his arse, its a Eastern conference via 92-98 where MJ was still playing....

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers13
    I bet if he pulls anything out of his arse, its a Eastern conference via 92-98 where MJ was still playing....
    let him, there wasn't a time in that period where there were 9 teams in the east all as good and at the same time as there is in the west right now

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    let him, there wasn't a time in that period where there were 9 teams in the east all as good and at the same time as there is in the west right now
    He can't and he won't and it is very relevant... he will likely resort to dodging the issue and attacking on some other weak point.

Banned

I just don't think that a competitive conference, or a deep conference, necessarily means that it's the best conference. Were there ever 9 teams in one conference that could handle the West's top 9? Probably not. But there may have been 4-6 teams in one conference that could beat the West's best. I'm not sure; I haven't looked into it. Mine was initially an academic point.

Quote Originally Posted by jo3y91
    they won today :) 40-30, honestly kobe is being rewarded for 7 more wins, its not like thats a huge amount of games he is ahead of lebron, and lebron has less to work with.
    :)

Losing to the Bucks isn't cutting it. Honestly I though Cleveland was going to hit about 52 wins this year. It's looking more like 48. Right now it's CP3 and Kobe's to lose.

LeBron will have many more chances but I don't think he's going to pull it out this year.

Good High School Starter

Losses to the nets, 'zards, and bucks late isn't gonna cut it for Bron. Funny how fast this race can change over a few games....Had the Lakers lost to Dallas and Utah, I'm sure CP3 would've been the clear cut choice.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KenneBell
    :)

Losing to the Bucks isn't cutting it. Honestly I though Cleveland was going to hit about 52 wins this year. It's looking more like 48. Right now it's CP3 and Kobe's to lose.

LeBron will have many more chances but I don't think he's going to pull it out this year.
    I'm not saying your opinion is wrong, but 5 games in 7 days and the second night of a back-to-back on the road... I think this loss was kind of predictable.

Let's not forget... the Bucks have beaten the Lakers, Pistons, Nuggets, Magic, etc. in Milwaukee. They are actually a pretty good team at home (20-17).

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I'm not saying your opinion is wrong, but 5 games in 7 days and the second night of a back-to-back on the road... I think this loss was kind of predictable.

Let's not forget... the Bucks have beaten the Lakers, Pistons, Nuggets, Magic, etc. in Milwaukee. They are actually a pretty good team at home (20-17).
    Bron isn't going to get it with < 50 wins. Kobe and CP fans just have to hope KG doesn't get Bron's 1st place votes. Don't underestimate East Coast bias

Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack

To the voters, this may have been the end of it for Lebron though. I've already read a few articles that brings up Cavs' losses to Wizards and Bulls recently in arguing for Kobe/Paul for MVP. And now this loss to another poor team in the Bucks, which also pretty much seals the slim chance of Cavs getting 50 wins (would have to go 12-1 from here on out)

On the other hand, you have Kobe getting it done without Pau/Bynum against two WC elites on the road and Paul getting his team over the Celtics, hornets 8-2 in their last 10...and both teams are right there for #1 in the West.

Quote Originally Posted by hotsizzle
    To the voters, this may have been the end of it for Lebron though. I've already read a few articles that brings up Cavs' losses to Wizards and Bulls recently in arguing for Kobe/Paul for MVP. And now this loss to another poor team in the Bucks, which also pretty much seals the slim chance of Cavs getting 50 wins (would have to go 12-1 from here on out)

On the other hand, you have Kobe getting it done without Pau/Bynum against two WC elites on the road and Paul getting his team over the Celtics, hornets 8-2 in their last 10...and both teams are right there for #1 in the West.
    At this point, I just want it to be over. I'm sick of hearing about the whole thing.

Jalen Rose's pick is LeBron, btw.

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/...goryId=2459788

Good High School Starter

Paul won't get it.Not enough hype.The media is dying to give it to Kobe.

Learning to shoot layups

Nothing wrong with giving it to the best player in the game this season, LeBron James. Although if he gets it I will start questioning why the best player last two years (Kobe) didn't get his.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ev08-
    Nothing wrong with giving it to the best player in the game this season, LeBron James. Although if he gets it I will start questioning why the best player last two years (Kobe) didn't get his.
    That is very arguable. Remember... LeBron has been putting up insane statistics the last 3 years.

The biggest gripe by Laker/Kobe fans is 2006. While Kobe's 35+ ppg was insanely good, LeBron's individual statistics were as good.

31/7/6 on 48% shooting... plus the Cavs won 50 games.

This isn't the first season that LeBron has, possibly, been the 'best' player in the NBA (although that is a completely arbitrary stance). LeBron's '06 season was as deserving of the MVP as Kobe's was.

Unfortunately, they decided to snub both and give it to Nash.

I would have been happy with either of those guys winning it that year.

Learning to shoot layups

I call Kobe the best because of his defense...offensively they were very similiar those two years, LeBron isn't now and never was the defensive player that Kobe is though. Which is why outside of this season, Kobe I believe was the better all around player. This year LeBron's dominant offensive numbers more then make up for Kobe's defensive prowess.