Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 04-21-2008, 11:54 PM   #31
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Default Re: Official NFL draft thread Sat-Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Give me Gholston over C.Long too. I love the kids speed. He fits the NFL defenses nowadays. Speed kills. C.Long reminds me of Winstrom. Not bad, but i think Gholston can be similar to Freeney.
When I watch him play I see a lot of Patrick Kerney. A guy who is a good but not great athlete (at the NFL level) but is tenacious with a non-stop motor. Winstrom is a good comparison but isn't as versatile IMO.

Gholston is a total stud. I'm very high on him too. He might have Julius Peppers syndrome however (at least thats what his concerns are).
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 12:09 AM   #32
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
When I watch him play I see a lot of Patrick Kerney. A guy who is a good but not great athlete (at the NFL level) but is tenacious with a non-stop motor. Winstrom is a good comparison but isn't as versatile IMO.

Gholston is a total stud. I'm very high on him too. He might have Julius Peppers syndrome however (at least thats what his concerns are).

Yeah Kearney is another guy i was trying to think of.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 12:12 AM   #33
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Yeah Kearney is another guy i was trying to think of.
Kerney is a bucks county product.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 12:14 PM   #34
Dasher
7-time NBA All-Star

Sleeper alert:Matt Forte RB Tulane. He had great production in college. He has great measurables, but does not seem to have the buzz that a prospect of his caliber should have.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 01:06 PM   #35
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

I think Quentin Groves is gonna slip. Hes gonna be a good player probably a late 1st or 2nd.

Gholston has tons of more potential than long. Gholston would be a freak at 3-4 OLB.. I can see him being a Shawne Merriman type of OLB
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 01:25 PM   #36
statman32
7-time NBA All-Star

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft0...ory?id=3358424

Quote:
The Miami Dolphins have reached a contract agreement with Michigan offensive tackle Jake Long and will select him with the No. 1 overall pick in Saturday's draft, sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

The announcement will come at a 1:45 p.m. ET news conference.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 01:28 PM   #37
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Miami made the right decision in going with Jake Long. I'm sure they tried to trade it but couldn't. They've got holes at basically every position, so you go with the sure thing when you're investing this much guaranteed money.

If Chris Johnson outta ECU is on the board when Indy picks in the 2nd round and they don't take I'll be irate.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 01:50 PM   #38
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

I would have traded down. Miami has a lot of holes to fill. J.Long aint a bad player tho. Just dont see how he is the #1 pick in the draft. This draft really doesnt have a certified #1 anyway. Eh.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:32 PM   #39
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Not quite. Redskins fans you all would have had Chad Johnson had the Bengals not turned down your offer.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3358557

How serious are the Cincinnati Bengals about not giving in to Chad Johnson's trade demands?

Johnson

Serious enough to swat away an offer from the Washington Redskins that could have netted the Bengals two first-round draft picks, team and league sources said.

The Redskins offered its first-round pick, No. 21 overall, and a conditional third-rounder in 2009 that could escalate to a first rounder if Johnson and the Redskins hit certain performance levels, the sources said.

It was not the first time the Redskins approached the Bengals about a deal, but it was the first significant proposal.

Bengals coach Marvin Lewis -- who disputed the report of trade offers for Johnson -- says the disgruntled receiver should keep his word and sit out the season.

"I've stated our case with Chad," Lewis said. "He has a contract through 2011. He's stated without an opportunity to go to a different team and a new contract, he wasn't going to play. I think he's a man of his word and says he's not going to play, so don't play."

The Bengals have not only rejected the Redskins, but two other NFC East suitors -- the Dallas Cowboys and Philadelphia Eagles -- have been informed that there has been no change in the team's position that Johnson will not be traded.

The Bengals have noted to those suitors that Johnson has been the "second-highest paid receiver" in the NFL during the past three years, indignant about suggestions that Johnson also wants a new contract, the sources said.

Trading Johnson also would mean Cincinnati would take an $8 million salary-cap hit, but that amount could be split over the next two years. Additionally, as one owner who wished to remain anonymous told ESPN.com, "There's nothing wrong with dead money. It's cash already paid and it's cash back in your pocket that you don't have to spend, especially with the [high] amount of everyone's salary cap these days."

Chris Mortensen covers the NFL for ESPN. ESPN.com's James Walker also contributed to this report.

Guess Bengals are like F*ck you Chad, you dont run us we run you! lol
Old 04-22-2008, 02:47 PM   #40
Rasheed1
NBA All-star

Marvin Lewis is beyond stupid here.... He already has his share of malcontent issues and now he wants to triple the load... Didnt he and Chad have a fist fight this past year? I mean wake up Marvin! Why force chad onto the bench instead of letting him go and getting something positive in return?

If you force him to stay, Im sure he will make everyone miserable... I see Eagles 2005 repeat.....

Im not a fan of players who try to force the team to upend itself for the selfish stuff, but there is no sense in keeping a player who wants out.... Football is too much about effort and teamwork to have a guy willingly trying to sabotage it on your team... I learned that from watching TO tear the eagles up while they tried to ignore and pretend it would go away on its own.....

If they were smart they would get rid of the guy (i'd like to see the eagles land him or Roy Williams, but even if he goes to a another team my comment still stands)... they need to get rid of him because he has promised to be a problem..
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 06:09 PM   #41
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

S.Alexander was just released from Seattle!

I'd take him to backup B.Westbrook in Philly. :)
Old 04-22-2008, 06:55 PM   #42
Charlie Sheen
Decent college freshman

chiefs have a lot of options (and twice as many needs) with the allen trade.
i'd still like to see kc move off 5, but i wouldn't mind selecting one of those DT's(not really much of a need though)

I wouldn't mind Albert going 5 to the Chiefs; although, it is peculiar the way his draft stock has skyrocketed. He's no worse than other considerations for the pick imo(Clady, Otah, Williams)This is going to be an interesting draft in KC.

CB, WR, OL, DE are the positions which must be addressed in this draft. Now the chiefs are armed with 11 picks, i believe.

question for the board: Thoughts, opinions, on Joe Flacco?

I like him though, admittedly, i dont know much about him.
Charlie Sheen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 06:57 PM   #43
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
S.Alexander was just released from Seattle!

I'd take him to backup B.Westbrook in Philly. :)

Shaun alexander has a vaggina
Old 04-22-2008, 07:00 PM   #44
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
chiefs have a lot of options (and twice as many needs) with the allen trade.
i'd still like to see kc move off 5, but i wouldn't mind selecting one of those DT's(not really much of a need though)

I wouldn't mind Albert going 5 to the Chiefs; although, it is peculiar the way his draft stock has skyrocketed. He's no worse than other considerations for the pick imo(Clady, Otah, Williams)This is going to be an interesting draft in KC.

CB, WR, OL, DE are the positions which must be addressed in this draft. Now the chiefs are armed with 11 picks, i believe.

question for the board: Thoughts, opinions, on Joe Flacco?

I like him though, admittedly, i dont know much about him.

If Allen gets traded it opens up a door for Chirs Long or Vernon Gholston. They will probably recive some picks and theres alot of tackles in this years draft

Long, Williams, Albert(guard/tackle), Cherlius, Sam Baker, OTAH and CLady, collins
Old 04-22-2008, 07:00 PM   #45
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

How do you guys rank the QBs? I don't really think there's any franchise guys in this class, but I think Henne and Brohm will both have solid careers. Maybe Flacco but I've never seen him play, just read reports. Not really a fan of Matt Ryan, I feel like whomever drafts him will regret it.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: