Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-26-2011, 03:22 AM   #1
Clippersfan86
Banned

Default Westbrook to SG, Harden to PG?

We saw how great of a playmaker Harden can be. I consider Harden the highest IQ player on the Thunder. He pretty much always makes the "right" play. He doesn't force the issue like Westbrook. With his good passing ability and ballhandling I'm thinking OKC might want to try this. Sefalosha and Maynor first ones off the bench. Westbrook would essentially be able to be a Wade-Lite. Where he's a slashing SG who can fill it up and gets his shots. As it is he's not playing PG the right way so this can't hurt. Plus it gets Harden into the starting 5 where he belongs.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:05 AM   #2
FindingTim
National High School Star

Default Re: Westbrook to SG, Harden to PG?

Harden has been impressive, especially considering how much the Thunder were criticized for picking him.

From what I saw, he makes a bigger positive impact than Westbrook, despite being far slower and less athletic.

I don't know what to make of Westbrook, does his absurd athletic advantage compensate for his on-court idiocy? He is a great talent, but not the type of player I would center my team around. Ship Westbrook out for an unselfish playmaker, then start Harden at the 2. Then win.
FindingTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:09 AM   #3
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingTim
Harden has been impressive, especially considering how much the Thunder were criticized for picking him.

From what I saw, he makes a bigger positive impact than Westbrook, despite being far slower and less athletic.

I don't know what to make of Westbrook, does his absurd athletic advantage compensate for his on-court idiocy? He is a great talent, but not the type of player I would center my team around. Ship Westbrook out for an unselfish playmaker, then start Harden at the 2. Then win.

They have Maynor to replace Westbrook too. They might be better off letting Westbrook stay another year as they develop Maynor and letting him walk in 2012 free agency. Maynor is a much more natural PG... and often when Maynor comes in OKC goes on runs. He does great getting the pace right and finding teammates.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:17 AM   #4
alenleomessi
L

just trade westbrook for cp3 or maybe a good big man
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:18 AM   #5
BarberSchool
Good college starter

It doesn't matter what title they're given, so long as Westbrook guards the opponent's PG, and Harden runs all the pick and rolls and offensive sets.
BarberSchool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:19 AM   #6
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarberSchool
It doesn't matter what title they're given, so long as Westbrook guards the opponent's PG, and Harden runs all the pick and rolls and offensive sets.

Agree. Much like Wade etc. I just meant.. the role of PG should be taken from Westbrook.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:23 AM   #7
Jotaro Durant
Banned

I've been saying this from time, it's not a new concept for Thunder purists.

Lot of people get ideas when your team is in the spotlight. I mean look at Dirk being compared to Bird (after over a decade) when someone like Barry is closer in comparison.

But Presti will need to get us a good off-the-bench scorer, only if we could get Kemba Walker. The MLE is really our only shot now.
Jotaro Durant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:28 AM   #8
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotaro Durant
I've been saying this from time, it's not a new concept for Thunder purists.

Lot of people get ideas when your team is in the spotlight. I mean look at Dirk being compared to Bird (after over a decade) when someone like Barry is closer in comparison.

But Presti will need to get us a good off-the-bench scorer, only if we could get Kemba Walker. The MLE is really our only shot now.

Maynor will get more opportunities as a 6th man if he gets more minutes. May not even need another player. Sefalosha can provide a bucket here and there. You guys are very starter dependent (reminds me of my Clippers in that aspect). Not all teams need to be super loaded if your starters like Westbrook can be more consistent.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:39 AM   #9
Jotaro Durant
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Maynor will get more opportunities as a 6th man if he gets more minutes. May not even need another player. Sefalosha can provide a bucket here and there. You guys are very starter dependent (reminds me of my Clippers in that aspect). Not all teams need to be super loaded if your starters like Westbrook can be more consistent.

Good point, Westbrook really needs to work on his shot selection this off-season.
Jotaro Durant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:45 AM   #10
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotaro Durant
Good point, Westbrook really needs to work on his shot selection this off-season.

. Don't forget Daquan Cook. That guy is money from long range. Great for a spark off the bench. I think OKC has a solid bench... but if Westbrook and Sefalosha were more dependable you wouldn't need the bench as much anyways. Sefalosha should of been benched for Harden a long time ago. Not sure why Brooks thinks giving you more bench scoring is any different than starting him. Him starting= more development due to increased playing time.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:39 AM   #11
Sterlingsucks
French Toast Mafia

Im telling you the best thing for OKC to do is to make a run at Dwight for Perk and Westbrook...if not then try to trade Westbrook in the off-season for a low post threat and OKC would be sick...hell I would even go after Bargs from Toronto or Al Horfod/Josh Smith..you have to move Westbrook imo
Sterlingsucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:13 AM   #12
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

Yeah.

I say deal Westbrook + 2 late First rounders for Pau Gasol.

:]]
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:28 AM   #13
SchoolRumble
Learning to shoot layups

trade Westbrook for Stephen Curry.
SchoolRumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:04 AM   #14
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

Chicago needs James Harden alongside Derrick Rose
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:49 AM   #15
Cermet
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingTim

Steve Nash to OKC and BAAAM!!!
I would root for them and I don't now.
Cermet is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: