Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-28-2007, 01:24 AM   #1
hotsizzle
Superstar

Default Not that big of a deal

haha Everyone is freaking out today all over the internet. Kobe just put some pressure on management. THats all, I'm in favor of what he did honestly because I know its realllly far fetched that Lakers think of even trading Kobe.

This is a franchise used to having great players with an owner obsessed with money. You think it would be that easy to trade the best player in the game. You think Buss will be the fast to pulling the trigger on the single most attraction in the league?

Shaq DEMANDED a trade and despite having issues with Buss (contract issues), Lakers still tried to convince him to reconsider. Kobe hasn't even demanded anything...in fact, nothing even came out of his mouth on getting traded. He has said he wants to remain a Laker though, and thats enough for me to realize management wont do anything stupid.

Of course theres that little doubt in me, just like everyone else, but these "trade Kobe" scenarios are really far fetched right now.

This is going to be an interesting summer.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 01:29 AM   #2
sammdogg
Local High School Star

Default Re: Everyone should chill...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
This is going to be an interesting summer.
Thats all i hope
sammdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 01:31 AM   #3
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

If he didn't imply or demand to be traded, I would still look and see what I could get for him. If a contending team came through with a good offer, I would consider it. If I got an offer I liked, I would do it. I just think it's time for Kobe and the Lakers to part ways. That's just my opinion in general.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 01:35 AM   #4
hotsizzle
Superstar

...my only real worry is Kobe opting out in 09. This is what I've feared for a while.

And traditione, no good offers can come for Kobe. Its never wise to trade a superstar especially in Kobe's case because to get fair value for him, it will leave the other team depleted and thus Kobe wont waive his trade clause to go into a similar situation. Honestly, whats easier? Getting some help by acquiring some of those available players this summer or trading arguably the best player in the game?
Old 05-28-2007, 01:42 AM   #5
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
...my only real worry is Kobe opting out in 09. This is what I've feared for a while.

And traditione, no good offers can come for Kobe. Its never wise to trade a superstar especially in Kobe's case because to get fair value for him, it will leave the other team depleted and thus Kobe wont waive his trade clause to go into a similar situation. Honestly, whats easier? Getting some help by acquiring some of those available players this summer or trading arguably the best player in the game?

We don't have the flexibility to acquire players. We have the midlevel exception and the hopes that if we offer a free agent a big contract, he would demand a sign and trade to the Lakers.

This situation is only going to get worse and Kobe's frustration increases. Chicago is the perfect situation because we can do a deal with them and not deplete their roster.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 01:47 AM   #6
gts
Sons of Antartica

I'll repost what i said in another thread...

who's gonna deal now with a lame duck GM? kobes statements if true which i believe there is some thread of truth in bucher's report, have all but hancuffed the lakers from any negotiation until the lakers make an announcement of some form, either backing mitch or terminating his tenure.... or kobe is going to have to come out and renounce bucher's comments publicly..until some thing like that occurs, nothing happens trade wise...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 01:52 AM   #7
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

everyone SHOULD be chill... look, there's nothing else to talk about right now, so what the heck? gives us a little excitement...

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 02:08 AM   #8
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

Yup everyone loves to talk about their favorate team and use our imaginationa.

But ill tell ya one thing, we may all be saying wed trade him here, no trade him there. But it if it were ever to really happen...

We would all be ballin' our eyes out, even the "NotKobe,butLakerFans"

That would be a sad day, indeed.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 02:17 AM   #9
hotsizzle
Superstar

I guess its fun to talk about. I've seen some maniacal things across the web today though, its like Kobe came out and said "Trade me now"
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: