Page 19 of 75 FirstFirst ... 9161718192021222969 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: HBO's True Detective discussion

Episode 3, when Theriot learns that Dora is dead, he does the cross on his chest, but he touches right side before left. Isn't it supposed to be top, left, right, left?

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

There's still a second more powerfull Tuttle to consider. The one who died was the preacher, but his brother was the governor.

Just throwing this out there. What if the Yellow King is Hart. He has blonde(yellow) hair. I think he was the one that said the answer is right under your nose. His daughter is obviously involved in shady crap. He is the one that shot Ledoux, before they even had a chance to interrogate him. He has always been the one trying to deny Rust on his hunches, saying he is just chasing.

He also said he went hunting last year and shot a 10 point buck - Dora Lange is wearing antlers as her crown.
    Last edited by Sarcastic; 02-18-2014 at 09:18 AM.

Default Re: HBO's True Detective

Quote Originally Posted by dr.hee
    Great series so far...

+1

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Just throwing this out there. What if the Yellow King is Hart. He has blonde(yellow) hair. I think he was the one that said the answer is right under your nose. His daughter is obviously involved in shady crap. He is the one that shot Ledoux, before they even had a chance to interrogate him. He has always been the one trying to deny Rust on his hunches, saying he is just chasing.

He also said he went hunting last year and shot a 10 point buck - Dora Lange is wearing antlers as her crown.
    That would be an awful twist, it would tell you that everything you watched and tried to analyze was stupid because no one behaved in a logical manner the whole show.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    That would be an awful twist, it would tell you that everything you watched and tried to analyze was stupid because no one behaved in a logical manner the whole show.

I tend to agree. Both about Marty and Rust. They've set up Rust to put doubt in the investigators minds, but to me the flashbacks, particularly the ones that are certainly not being shared with the investigators, both the shootout and the Ginger stuff, show too much stuff that would just lead away from Rust being the guy.

I'm hopefull the story remains relatively straight. There's still plenty of things to reveal about what we already know that there's little need for a huge twist. We've got Rust and Marty's big falling out. Maggie and Marty's marriage finally fully dissolving. Whatever happens with Marty's daughter. Rust's lost time over the past few years. There's no reason to play a huge shocker on the reveal of the Yellow King.

But as I've said before, the writing has been so good, that I'm willing to not throw out any possibility being good just because I trust these guys that much with the story at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    We've got Rust and Marty's big falling out.

Yes, but I found it very interesting that despite this both of them still corroborated the other on how it all went down. This suggests to me that there might not be any real animosity between them.

Quote Originally Posted by niko

Eh. It's not too much of a twist if the evidence has been there the entire time. When they first get to the school, and Rust is talking to the mower, it's Hart that calls him back to the car. We don't hear from the radio about Ledoux's background, and jail time with Charlie Lange. We hear it from Hart's mouth.

Hart is actually another word for stag, or deer.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hart_(deer)

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Yellow King = the Grandfather (Hart's father-in-law)

that is what is "right under his nose"

and that is how his daughter got involved

Guys they made it clear that Rust is NOT the killer...

he is STILL WORKING THE CASE...him acting like a drunk burnout was just an act for the police...

they have even clearly shown him working alone on the case and discovering past murders...I mean come on...he is discovering the twig pyramids on his own just to fool himself or something?

National High School Star dr.hee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    Guys they made it clear that Rust is NOT the killer...

he is STILL WORKING THE CASE...him acting like a drunk burnout was just an act for the police...

they have even clearly shown him working alone on the case and discovering past murders...I mean come on...he is discovering the twig pyramids on his own just to fool himself or something?

I'd go further to say he's still working with Hart on the case.

Yellow King = the Grandfather (Hart's father-in-law)

that is what is "right under his nose"

and that is how his daughter got involved
    I dont think the yellow king is a certain person (an individual), its more of a spiritual person.

The grandfather is most likely involved though and he might be the reason Cohle and Hart will "fight". Think Cohle has been undercover all this time and/or investigating by himself. What im sure of is that he's baiting the 2 detectives to follow him and get a warrant for his storage unit to find evidence. He's "begging" them to ask the right questions.

Hell, its even possible Cohle and Hart didnt actually get into an argument and they only pretended so the "highly influential people" stopped following what they do. Its basically a trap so they continue to investigate.

I dont see Hart's Daughter having a great future. She's obviously a victim (witness maybe) of some sort of that cult. Those drawings and dolls make it fairly obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    I'd go further to say he's still working with Hart on the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by FPJ
    Hell, its even possible Cohle and Hart didnt actually get into an argument and they only pretended so the "highly influential people" stopped following what they do. Its basically a trap so they continue to investigate.
    that would be an awesome twist imo

Default Re: HBO's True Detective

it's not him, that is way too obvious

it's some "higher up"...that is why the detectives from Texas or whatever were trying to get their "notes" on the murder for the supposed dead animal comparisons...because some higher up is trying to see how close they are and cover his tracks
    ^^^ said that after episode 2

good job -pt-