Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar

Default Westbrook or Rose?

If you knew in 2008 what you know now. Who would you pick? The only thing Rose has going for him is that he's a Chicago guy. If he wasn't I think at this point I'd take Westbrook.

Rose is so f***ing fragile. It's pathetic.

Default Re: Westbrook or Rose?

Oh yeah, landing on someone's foot and spraining an ankle is fragile...right. If you did the same thing, you'd be on crutches. I don't care who the player is, the misfortune of landing on Kyrie's foot would put anyone out for several game.

I am not one to make excuses for him, but be for real. This is not an example of Rose being fragile, this is an example of humans being fragile. There are the exceptional few who are machines, but like I said, it's not to be expected of everyone.

I am not a Westbrook fan at all. His attitude, his game...I just do not like him. Talented, yes. But I would always choose a healthy Rose over a healthy Westbrook.

Local High School Star KelticForce1349's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Upgrayedd
    If you knew in 2008 what you know now. Who would you pick? The only thing Rose has going for him is that he's a Chicago guy. If he wasn't I think at this point I'd take Westbrook.

Rose is so f***ing fragile. It's pathetic.

Just out of curiosity, I have two questions for you:

How old are you?

Have you ever played sports?

Please be honest Conan, I am really trying to understand you better.

Kobe

Quit making excuses. I love Rose when he's healthy. But he's had two major knee surgeries and missed almost two full seasons and now he's out because of ankle injuries. Come on. Enough already. He's fragile.

So many fans are giving up on him. The only reason he still has some supporters is because he's a Chicago guy. If there wasn't the Chicago connection, everyone would have turned on him by now and gotten tired of this.

Quote Originally Posted by KelticForce1349
    Just out of curiosity, I have two questions for you:

How old are you?

Have you ever played sports?

Please be honest Conan, I am really trying to understand you better.
    My age and whether or not I've played sports has absolutely nothing to do with this topic. Derrick Rose is fragile.

Quote Originally Posted by Upgrayedd
    Quit making excuses. I love Rose when he's healthy. But he's had two major knee surgeries and missed almost two full seasons and now he's out because of ankle injuries. Come on. Enough already. He's fragile.

So many fans are giving up on him. The only reason he still has some supporters is because he's a Chicago guy. If there wasn't the Chicago connection, everyone would have turned on him by now and gotten tired of this.
    When you quit bouncing off the walls with your Bulls posts, then I will stop making excuses. Deal?

I am not going to give up on the only hope the Bulls have for a championship right now and for the future. And I definitely would not take another fragile player over a better fragile player. Westbrook is always injured too. Hell, almost every top NBA PG could be considered fragile at this point. Its a demanding position, especially for the tempo of the game today.

I'm still taking DRose every time.
    It's not like Westbrook is someone who has been perfectly healthy. He's missed a lot of games as well and has had his fair share of serious injuries too.

I was aware DRose was being underestimated and that some were extremely low on him after the injuries, but I wasn't aware so much hate would come from Bulls fans themselves.

DRose has already shown us this year what he is capable of when on the floor. As long as he's healthy he's one of the best point guards in the league. Period. I don't count a sprained ankle as being not healthy. Just something that happens in basketball. Not anything that requires surgery. With that being said even an ankle sprain can be much worse. Guys like Ricky Rubio and Marcus Smart are missing WEEKS with sprained ankles.

I played basketball almost my whole life and had to sit out a lot of times due to sprained ankles. It happens. He was unlucky to land on someone else's foot.

Westbrook wouldn't fit in here anyway. He's a me first guy and wouldn't have fit in well with our coach and our roster.

We have Rose. We should be grateful. But I see that some of us aren't.

It's a shame he got hurt, but it's not his fault. I'm sure he would have rather been playing and helping us contend then be dealing with rehab.

Hopefully those two major injuries are the last two Rose and us fans will have to deal with.

If all he has to deal with for the rest of his playing days are sprained ankles once in a while i'd be happy as hell.

As always... Go Bulls!

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

Grass is always greener to ConanRulesNBC

One has won a Rookie of the Year.
    One has won the league MVP.
    Neither have won a title.
    One is healthy and playing right now.

Hmmmm......

Quote Originally Posted by Crystallas
    Grass is always greener to ConanRulesNBC

One has won a Rookie of the Year.
    One has won the league MVP.
    Neither have won a title.
    One is healthy and playing right now.

Hmmmm......
    Exactly.

Had no idea Conan was Upgrayedd. What's with the new name?

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    Exactly.

Had no idea Conan was Upgrayedd. What's with the new name?

Really? Thought you knew that. We've had the same amount of Bulls fans in this boars for years. Thought someone might have mentioned that a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ballinhun8
    Really? Thought you knew that. We've had the same amount of Bulls fans in this boars for years. Thought someone might have mentioned that a while ago.
    I had no clue. Must have missed it. I have just started posting and keeping up with posts regularly again over the past two months. It is awesome how the same core of people have been here for so long. But it kinda makes you wonder...why hasn't there been much new blood that has stuck around here? I may have to start recruiting some people to this site.

I never liked that ISH allows people to openly have multiple accounts. 99.9% of forums will ban you for that shit, let alone allow you to keep a mod spot. Interesting.

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

I had no clue. Must have missed it. I have just started posting and keeping up with posts regularly again over the past two months. It is awesome how the same core of people have been here for so long. But it kinda makes you wonder...why hasn't there been much new blood that has stuck around here? I may have to start recruiting some people to this site.

I never liked that ISH allows people to openly have multiple accounts. 99.9% of forums will ban you for that shit, let alone allow you to keep a mod spot. Interesting.

We had that dude tenchi something? He was a huge Rip Hamilton fan if you remember. Other than that we do have some stragglers on the main forum who say they're Bulls fans. But other than that at least we have the great core of fans who've been here for each Bulls era post MJ/Pip/PJax.

That is really weird. Never thought of that before, but yeah we don't really get any new blood. Maybe it's because ISH's new blood as a whole is typically trolls.

I'm just done making excuses for him. One injury and he's back? Fine. Two major knee injuries and now missing games already because of bad ankles? This is getting really old.

I'm not giving Rose a pass any more because he's a Chicago guy. He needs to stay on the court and stay healthy and prove himself again. The rookie of the year and MVP awards don't matter anymore.

Westbrook has been injured but nowhere near as much as Rose. Westbrook came back from his knee injury and proved himself right away and played great. It's time for Rose to do the same. Players play through injuries. Nowadays, Rose has a minor injury and misses 10 games. It's pathetic.