Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Default Re: Kobe Bryant on Game 7 in 2006 Phoenix Series

Quote Originally Posted by xcesswee
    Weren't you the one throwing a hissyfit at Kobe after game 4 against the Thunder?
    Yes, a sarcastic thread....Mucho gusto

CeoTypeDoe619
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by branslowski
    Yes, a sarcastic thread....Mucho gusto
    Wow fair-weather ass fan SMFH

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    no.
    He was 9/12 for the game. 8/10 in the 1st half.

Had he stayed aggressive he would have shot 20 FTs. For some reason he didn't.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LAClipsFan33
    He was 9/12 for the game. 8/10 in the 1st half.
    I was saying no to the notion that

1) free throws show aggressiveness
    2) lebron gets bogus calls all day
    3) somehow "earning" 10 free throws shows you were as aggressive as someone who scored 23 pts

Quote Originally Posted by CeoTypeDoe619
    Wow fair-weather ass fan SMFH

I know your not talkin to me...I calls it like I see it...I was being sarcastic over Kobe's game, while still calling him out for playing like sh!t and making a prediction for next game...

God I hope your not dissin me, cause I don't want to have to dismantle you kid...Me>>>All....Ask around.

I was saying no to the notion that

1) free throws show aggressiveness
    2) lebron gets bogus calls all day
    3) somehow "earning" 10 free throws shows you were as aggressive as someone who scored 23 pts
    He got his FTs going to the basket. I watched the game. In the 2nd half he randomly stopped going and became a mid range to 3 point brickmaster.

CeoTypeDoe619

I know your not talkin to me...I calls it like I see it...I was being sarcastic over Kobe's game, while still calling him out for playing like sh!t and making a prediction for next game...

God I hope your not dissin me, cause I don't want to have to dismantle you kid...Me>>>All....Ask around.
    Prove it. Show that thread.
    I highly doubt it was sarcastic

Prove it. Show that thread.
    I highly doubt it was sarcastic
    Go find it....I said Kobe was sabotaging the game...Then later on in my paragraph I stated that he was doing what Phil told him to do...

Kobe basically followed the game plan...Get the ball down low...Sick.

Go ISH hunt and waste your time...dont care...

Im one of the few Kobe fans on here who was actually fans of his before Jan. 06....

CeoTypeDoe619

Go find it....I said Kobe was sabotaging the game...Then later on in my paragraph I stated that he was doing what Phil told him to do...

Kobe basically followed the game plan...Get the ball down low...Sick.

Go ISH hunt and waste your time...dont care...

Im one of the few Kobe fans on here who was actually fans of his before Jan. 06....
    Lol i have no reason to hunt for a thread.

Lol i have no reason to hunt for a thread.
    Alright then...Now lets get back to owning these low iq Haters....Then maybe we can get our rumble on later down the line..

Local High School Star

watch yourself - Kobe about game 7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgjeiMBPMaE

that's what he said.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Batz
    I'll never get what people want. Bryant scored 50 in game 6, they lost and everybody called him a hog. The media, coach jackson and fans told him to pass more. He did it in game 7, they still lost and everyone says he choked and tanked the game.
    That's not even remotely close to what people said. NOBODY called him a hog after Game 6, the general consensus was if Lamar Odom had boxed out Shawn Marion, the Lakers win the series.

A lot, and I mean A LOT of butt hurt Kobe n*thuggers in this thread, specifically:

Ceotypedoe
    cotdt
    branslowski
    Allstar24
    Yawn
    rfm767
    RazorBlade
    Cantstop/StacksonDeck
    KAJ=GOAT

They don't know what they're talking about and do NOT warrant a detailed response. They will continue blindly whacking off to their Kobe posters in their mother's basements every night while coming here and "pretending" to know basketball.

LA Showtime and catch24, you two know your sh*t, but come on, you cannot just sit there and act like nothing was up. What do you expect Kobe to say? Yes I quit on my team? You know the backlash that would generate, even now? No matter how you spin it, he quit. You mention he just continued to defer to his teammates, that's quitting, especially in a Game 7. I mean this was the Kobe who went through some high powered scoring binges throughout the year. The same Kobe who dropped 81 in a game. If I'm not mistaken, I do recall that the Lakers were down close to 20 points at the half as well. The fact that they were down 15 at the half holds no merit. The same Kobe who outscored an ENTIRE TEAM through 3 quarters, the SAME team who ended up in the FINALS. We don't buy for a minute that he was disheartened by the no defense playing Phoenix Suns. Especially since he had just torched them for 50 points the previous game. And like Showtime said, getting teammates involved and executing the game plan means making yourself a threat offensively, drawing the defense, and creating for others. We've SEEN Kobe do that to perfection before. His MVP year in 2008, he played like that to perfection all year(Finals excluded). A huge reason why I truly believe he deserved MVP that year. Getting your teammates involved doesn't mean just dumping the ball off to them and hanging out at the 3 point line watching the action. We WATCHED the game, we SAW what happened. And since when has he ever listened to Phil? Especially when Phil's tried to "restrict" his game so to speak. If he was trying to send a message to Phil/Front Office, that means he quit. 1 point the entire second half, ONE POINT. IMO, he wouldn't be criticized so much if he scored 30, 40, 50 points, shooting 50+%, going down guns blazing. When we DO criticize him for scoring so much, it's when he does it on less than 48-50% efficiency. You two(as well as other REAL Laker fans), have done the same. Anyways, this topic has been beaten to death and maybe we can just agree to disagree. What we can agree on I guess is that his demeanor in the 2nd half was pretty crappy.

Note: The posters I listed, DO NOT respond to me, you have no say on the subject and most of you are on ignore anyways.

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

chuck hates kobe and u know it. Everyone during half time said that kobe needs to come out facilitating because no one is involved in the offense. he facilitated for 4 minutes and the suns were up by 20-25. 1 man can't make a comeback that large, even in 08 when la was down 20 to spurs in gm1 at halftime and kobe played amazing he still only got them close.. he needed the team to fully come back and with terrible players like smush and kwame them shooting horribly on offense makes them play D even worse, so it was just impossible to come back.

Doesn't matter if Chuck hates Kobe (I don't think he does, you guys are just an insecure bunch), I am not basing my opinion on what Chuck said. I mentioned Chuck only because someone suggested Chuck didn't even watch the game, which is stupid cause dude was sitting at TNT studios covering the game.

As for your point that one man couldnt do everything and he was trying to facilitate, let's be real. There is a difference between picking your spots and facilitating and standing around the perimeter not attacking to make a point. What Kobe did was the latter.

It wasn't the first time he did that (he pulled that in 2004 with the Malone/GP/Shaq Lakers. Second half of a game he only shot once I think, Malone and others called him out after. lemme guess... its cause Malone hates Kobe right?) and it wasn't the last time he has done that.

Serious, many sportswriters and fans (including Laker fans) have written as recently as 2008 that Kobe still can't find that right balance between taking over the game and passing. He goes into extremes. If the coach tells him to stop shooting so much, he goes into "FINE, LET ME NOT SHOOT AT ALL AND SEE HOW YOU GUYS DO" mode.

He's gotten better in that the last few years probably due to maturity. But come on Laker fans, please don't deny Kobe wasn't the most mature player and have thrown those tantrums before.

Kobe played amazing all series and it was amzing he took that series to 7 games, but he simply threw a "forget this, i've had enough of playing with these pieces of trash, im gonna not attack and watch u guys die" tantrum at the second half of game 7.

The only people bringing up this game are the butthurt Lebron fanboys trying to defend him. Why does it matter what happened in 2006? And even if Kobe tanked the game, does it make it right for Lebron to quit on his team? Some people are so ****ing insecure.

Quote Originally Posted by Allstar24
    The only people bringing up this game are the butthurt Lebron fanboys trying to defend him. Why does it matter what happened in 2006? And even if Kobe tanked the game, does it make it right for Lebron to quit on his team? Some people are so ****ing insecure.
    It wasnt right for any of the 2 players. Lebron might have gave up on his team but so did Kobe. I know you're happy when everyone bashes Lebron but you cant get over the fact that your hero did the exact same thing and hope for people to forget it.