Fire Dwane Casey

Default MMA fighter vs Street Thug

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9q...eet-thug_sport

Prime example of why you never pick fights with anyone

Default Re: MMA fighter vs Street Thug

Quote Originally Posted by GoRapz
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9q...eet-thug_sport

Prime example of why you never pick fights with anyone

why a trained fighter would want to fight someone who obviously lacks any training is beyond me...

that's like a Pro BBall player bieng happy he beat some kid at the park 1 on 1..

unless the guy in gray did something that deserved a azz whooping....the guy in red should be ashamed for beating up the other guy.

How does this shit even get set-up? The guy is obviously trained. Unless the black guy wanted to challenge him to just for the sake of it? But the white dude seemed pretty pissed off cursing at him the whole time. After that first barrage of hits from the black guy and it didn't even effect the fighter he almost just gave up and was all about trying to defend himself.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    How does this shit even get set-up? The guy is obviously trained. Unless the black guy wanted to challenge him to just for the sake of it? But the white dude seemed pretty pissed off cursing at him the whole time. After that first barrage of hits from the black guy and it didn't even effect the fighter he almost just gave up and was all about trying to defend himself.
    Obviously I don't know the story on this one, but I think sometimes regular people want to see what makes professionals, well ... professionals. Now, fighting involves real violence and possible consequences so it's not a 1:1 comparison, but in a way I find it similar to the folks who trash guys like J.J. Redick and claim to be able to make quick work of him if provided the opportunity.

Again though, I don't know if that's the story here, maybe the MMA guy was just a jerk. I'm just saying I can see how these types of lopsided matchups could jump off.

Banned

come on lets be honest the black guy said something to the white guy. he prob said he was a cracker honkey and thought he could beat his ass. the white guy then responded by breaking off a piece of skittles and tea in his ass

i remember i was once watching discovery channel(i believe--regardless, it was a major network airing the show) and it showed marines training in hand to hand combat. the marines drill instructor leading the hand to hand combat commented that they train marines to defend themselves in life and death situations meaning it is different than mma. he said something along the lines of "get me in the octagon with rampage jackson(? or some other famous mma fighter) and he'll beat me, but outside the octagon, i'll kill him"

something along those lines. anyone with more knowledge in fighting, is this true? what is the difference between fighting styles?

the last fight i got in was in high school. lol. wasn't much of a fight though. i'll be the first to admit i really don't know how to fight...i've always just used my strength to throw people into walls or something.

Kicking?

Throw your hands. If you cant throw hands, then bow out. Now if this guy was being jumped, robbed? Understood. Who kicks and knees in a straight up fight?

NOW, I agree no one knows the story behind this. So maybe the black dude provoked the fight after he knew or was told that he trained for MMA. But listening to the commentary after the FIRST KICK, the black guys friend was shocked/surprised. So I'm going to assume this was a straight up fight.

Why is this MMA fighter being billed as the good guy, and the black dude a street thug? Not so much thread title but video. They dont offer any background on the fight. Heck probably dont even own the video and got it from somewhere and decided to upload it.

I guess you can say its a fight, anything goes. But kicking, then kneeing? Come on, he knows how to punch because he caught the dude clean and backed him up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    i remember i was once watching discovery channel(i believe--regardless, it was a major network airing the show) and it showed marines training in hand to hand combat. the marines drill instructor leading the hand to hand combat commented that they train marines to defend themselves in life and death situations meaning it is different than mma. he said something along the lines of "get me in the octagon with rampage jackson(? or some other famous mma fighter) and he'll beat me, but outside the octagon, i'll kill him"

something along those lines. anyone with more knowledge in fighting, is this true? what is the difference between fighting styles?

the last fight i got in was in high school. lol. wasn't much of a fight though. i'll be the first to admit i really don't know how to fight...i've always just used my strength to throw people into walls or something.
    I think he was saying that Marines are trained to know how to kill and defend themselves, MMA has rules obviously. If it's life or death the Marine is going to know how to defend himself better than a MMA fighter who is trained on defending himself from injuries (punches/kicks/holds).

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Kicking?

Throw your hands. If you cant throw hands, then bow out. Now if this guy was being jumped, robbed? Understood. Who kicks and knees in a straight up fight?

NOW, I agree no one knows the story behind this. So maybe the black dude provoked the fight after he knew or was told that he trained for MMA. But listening to the commentary after the FIRST KICK, the black guys friend was shocked/surprised. So I'm going to assume this was a straight up fight.

Why is this MMA fighter being billed as the good guy, and the black dude a street thug? Not so much thread title but video. They dont offer any background on the fight. Heck probably dont even own the video and got it from somewhere and decided to upload it.

I guess you can say its a fight, anything goes. But kicking, then kneeing? Come on, he knows how to punch because he caught the dude clean and backed him up a bit.
    A fight is a fight, you are allowed to use your whole body. It's too bad the black dude doesn't know how to kick or defend it. He was clearly wasn't any match for the white dude who had MMA training.

Quote Originally Posted by redhonda76
    A fight is a fight, you are allowed to use your whole body. It's too bad the black dude doesn't know how to kick or defend it. He was clearly wasn't any match for the white dude who had MMA training.
    I know people who were high degree black belts in karate. I've never seen them use it in fights or hear them mention they used it in a fight. I do know when I sat in classes the instructor made mention to the new people joining amongst the group of regulars. They arent learning something they can go out in the street and pick a fight with. They arent learning something they get into a disagree with someone and it becomes physical to do spinning back kicks across the face. Its to defend yourself from being attacked. And that isnt to be confused into a school yard fight on the basketball court.

Its a lame tactic. I guess people who trained for MMA think they are badasses now. Walk around with their chest poked out hoping someone baits them into a fight. So they can show off their new moves they paid someone money to teach them.

I give the MMA kid credit for not kicking the guy in the nuts

If this was a straight up fight and one kid decided to pick up a stick and crack the other on the head. Well a fight is a fight, anything goes normally is the saying. But you wouldnt be cool with that nor would I.

This was filmed by a white person.

You can tell by the lack of -WORLD STAR HIP HOP!!!! THIS BE GOING ON DA WORLD STAR HIP HOP- outings by said videotapeur.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    I know people who were high degree black belts in karate. I've never seen them use it in fights or hear them mention they used it in a fight. I do know when I sat in classes the instructor made mention to the new people joining amongst the group of regulars. They arent learning something they can go out in the street and pick a fight with. They arent learning something they get into a disagree with someone and it becomes physical to do spinning back kicks across the face. Its to defend yourself from being attacked. And that isnt to be confused into a school yard fight on the basketball court.

Its a lame tactic. I guess people who trained for MMA think they are badasses now. Walk around with their chest poked out hoping someone baits them into a fight. So they can show off their new moves they paid someone money to teach them.

I give the MMA kid credit for not kicking the guy in the nuts

If this was a straight up fight and one kid decided to pick up a stick and crack the other on the head. Well a fight is a fight, anything goes normally is the saying. But you wouldnt be cool with that nor would I.
    Well of course.
    My question is you is why you can't use your legs and knee in a straight up fight that you mentioned? It's not the white dude's fault that the black dude doesn't kick and can't defend himself from the kicks.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by redhonda76
    Well of course.
    My question is you is why you can't use your legs and knee in a straight up fight that you mentioned? It's not the white dude's fault that the black dude doesn't kick and can't defend himself from the kicks.
    You throw hands. Real simple.

Did your dad, uncle show you how to kick? My mom taught my sister how to fight, she started with...kicking.

Philly's own!!!!!