Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-28-2006, 01:06 AM   #31
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bourne has not been impressing people

I really like our depth right now. We have solid back-ups at 3 positions.

SF: Charlie / Joey G
PF: Bosh / Bajo
C: Rasho / Bargnani

I predict Humphries leaves to pursue modelling and Pape will join Formula1.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 04:51 AM   #32
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
A better shooting JYD is what I see for Garbajosa in the NBA.
Then you don't know how **** about basketball
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 08:40 AM   #33
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

You can never have to many good big men. Also stockpiling will allow to make trades down the road for pieces you need. You can always trade talent for pieces but can never trade pieces for talent.
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 11:53 AM   #34
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

we don't know if he is good though... from what you hear, he sounds solid... but just look at Calderon, everyone expected better...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 11:58 AM   #35
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

No one expected better from Jose, are you crazy?

I think I have a new favorite Raptor.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=O8clYIlx_3I&search=garbajosa

might just be the World Cup makin me like Euros better tho, but I think I'll like this guy
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 12:00 PM   #36
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
Then you don't know how **** about basketball

Uhh ok.

From what I've seen of him, he's a good energy player but he's only 6'8. He has better handles and shoots better than JYD but I think that's the kind of role he'll have on the Raptors.

He needs to adjust to the NBA rules too. He travels A LOT on his layups... well it would be called a travel here.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 12:02 PM   #37
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
No one expected better from Jose, are you crazy?

no I am not crazy, you are... If you didn't expect better from Jose, than you had mediocre expectations for even a backup PG... I know for a fact that many Raptor fans expected alot better than what was shown last season by Calderon... maybe you weren't around the beginning of last season ...
Old 06-28-2006, 12:04 PM   #38
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Apparently his coach from europe thinks he can be a top 3 defender on any team he goes to. So, even if he's exagerating, he must have good defense.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:00 PM   #39
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Quote:
no I am not crazy, you are... If you didn't expect better from Jose, than you had mediocre expectations for even a backup PG... I know for a fact that many Raptor fans expected alot better than what was shown last season by Calderon... maybe you weren't around the beginning of last season

Are you dumb? what did you expect out of him?
Old 06-28-2006, 01:19 PM   #40
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Yo man if you're not going to use Pape Sow, give him up... we'd be more than happy to take him on.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 01:26 PM   #41
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
just look at Calderon, everyone expected better...

Yes we expected slightly more as he played well the first 2 months of the season, however that being said he was injured by a left heel most of the season and did not play well again till it was fully healed near the end of the season he will be alright now that he's had time to rest it.
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 02:12 PM   #42
Kujo
National High School Star

Kujo has decent reputation

I guess the Raps signing Calderon, and BC's European ties made the decison easier for Jorge Garbajosa to join the Raps. I know nothing about him. I think I must have seen him play for Spain during the some of the past World Basketball Championships, and Olympics, but I can't remember.

If his game is anything like Andre Nocioni, I'll be very happy.

Last edited by Kujo : 06-28-2006 at 02:15 PM.
Kujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 02:24 PM   #43
brwnman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Are you dumb? what did you expect out of him?

You are the f'in dumbass, if you wanted Calderon as he was last season then you need to get your head checked... He struggled shooting, he wasn't making good decisions as the season wore on and the team started to figure him out... he didn't make adjustments... bonez is correct, he got injured and didn't play well enough after the injury... he was borderline backup PG... he struggled...
Old 06-28-2006, 06:11 PM   #44
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Yeah you moron, do you want everyone to be an all star. Bottom line is he was picked up to be a back up that could fill in some minutes here and there. If you expected more you over estimated his abilities, get some glasses.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:52 PM   #45
fearandir
Can barely lace up my sneakers

fearandir has an OK reputation so far

ya hello.

i am from spain and i will give you my opinion:

Garbajosa is a 3 point killer, runs well the court and attracts defenders outside the paint to surpass them with speed and a great first step.

Not a great rebounder or phisically gifted but good pass ability.

And its a very experimented player and a leader

30 years old... i do not know if will adaptate to nba rules and a so large competition

sorry about my english
fearandir is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: