Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-27-2013, 09:58 AM   #16
JerryWest
kobeee!!

JerryWest posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryJerryWest posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Why is scoring so important ..

OP is a flaming fakkit and is dumb as a rock.
JerryWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:01 AM   #17
KOBE143
In GawdBe We Trust

KOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Because Points >>>>>>>> Assist >> Rebound >> Steal >>> Block >>>> FG%
KOBE143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:07 AM   #18
jrong
Revolution untelevised

jrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basketbolero
People discredit some of the elite scorers because their shooting % or efficiency rating is low.

If you can only achieve "elite" scoring numbers with low shooting percentage and efficiency, then that calls into question just how elite of a scorer you really are. The best players will get their numbers, no matter what defenses are thrown at them, and still maintain good shooting percentage and efficiency. They either pass when they don't have a good shot or wait until they can set up a better one for themselves.

Chuckers, on the other hand, will just chuck. And that's why their efficiency and percentages are low.

Look at the best players of the last two generations: Jordan and James. Both of them are efficiency kings.
jrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:34 AM   #19
I.R.Beast
National High School Star

I.R.Beast is starting to rub some people the wrong wayI.R.Beast is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
I'm talking about individual players; why is scoring the single determinant of the greatness of a player. Shouldn't defense, intangibles, assists, hustle plays, etc. also be taken into consideration. All of those contribute to a win. You know something is wrong when Kobe wh*res are calling this idiot gawd when he puts up 30+ without a win.

I am simply asking for a logical explanation as to why scoring is the single most important factor in determining the true greatness of a player. That's all. Innocent question.
Points are and will always be the most important part of the game...i dont care how great you play defense you still have to convert your Defense into points to win. People always try to downplay points in favor of assists(the most overrated statistic in basketball). However coaches etc must downplay the importance of points to get players to buy into doing everything else for the betterment of the team.
I.R.Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:40 AM   #20
selrahc
Local High School Star

selrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this board

"why is scoring so important"

dumbest question ive ever heard
selrahc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:48 AM   #21
Rysio
Local High School Star

Rysio has a very bad reputationRysio has a very bad reputationRysio has a very bad reputationRysio has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
I'm talking about individual players; why is scoring the single determinant of the greatness of a player. Shouldn't defense, intangibles, assists, hustle plays, etc. also be taken into consideration. All of those contribute to a win. You know something is wrong when Kobe wh*res are calling this idiot gawd when he puts up 30+ without a win.

I am simply asking for a logical explanation as to why scoring is the single most important factor in determining the true greatness of a player. That's all. Innocent question.
because everyone who starts playing bball or any sport they dont want to pass or defend they want to score 99% of the time. and when your so much better at it than those 99% its ****ing impressive.
Rysio is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: