Heat
    Raptors
    Knicks
    Hornets
    Cats

Default Re: NBA Playoff Seeding Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Warriors should be top 4

Its a joke they were 6th seed last year.

A better coach and backup PG, they are a lock for top 4.

East I have:

Bulls
    Cavs
    Wizards
    Heat
    Hornets
    Toronto
    Atlanta
    Detroit

West

Okc
    Spurs
    Warriors
    Mavs
    Portland
    Denver
    Memphis
    New orleans

Quote Originally Posted by poido123

East I have:

Bulls
    Cavs
    Wizards
    Heat
    Hornets
    Toronto
    Atlanta
    Detroit

West

Okc
    Spurs
    Warriors
    Mavs
    Portland
    Denver
    Memphis
    New orleans
    What you have clips missing the playoffs?

What you have clips missing the playoffs?

Nope just totally forgot them

Replace them with the frizz and bump one spot above portland

East I have:

Bulls
    Cavs
    Wizards
    Heat
    Hornets
    Toronto
    Atlanta
    Detroit

West

Okc
    Spurs
    Warriors
    Mavs
    Portland
    Denver
    Memphis
    New orleans

Some of those teams are really high. There is no chance that the Bulls end up with a higher seed than the Cav's. Denver, Pelicans, and Memphis making the playoffs over the Rockets and Clippers?

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987

Some of those teams are really high. There is no chance that the Bulls end up with a higher seed than the Cav's. Denver, Pelicans, and Memphis making the playoffs over the Rockets and Clippers?

I'll explain.

Since I know your capable of sensible discussion I'll entertain your question.

Bulls have always performed well in the regular season. This is the strongest bulls team in the last 5 years and added gasol, brooks, McDermott, mirotic, snell, butler and lost boozer and korver of note. The core is still there.

Cavs could have growing pains early, learning new schemes with a new coach and their first year together. The first year heat for example.

Clippers are top 8, just forgot to put them in. Grizz out. Houston lost a big piece in parsons, I could see them slip badly.

Think Mavs are a good bet for 5th if dirk can stay healthy.

Think Mavs are a good bet for 5th if dirk can stay healthy.

They took spurs to 7 last season?

While adding parsons, chandler and jameer I thought they did very well this off season..

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

EAST
    1 - Cleveland Cavaliers (too much talent, DRose seems rusty, rest of East not strong enough)
    2 - Chicago Bulls (will take some early losses trying to integrate Rose back into the team)
    3 - Charlotte Hornets (they will play with more edge this season while maintaining their great D)
    4 - Toronto Raptors (good regular season team)
    5 - Washington Wizards (if healthy would be higher)
    6 - Miami Heat (I predict a great start but falls off late in season with rest/injuries)
    7 - Atlanta Hawks (capable of beating some big teams, vastly underrated)
    8 - Brooklyn Nets (don't expect a rich team like this to tank, would still sneak in playoffs)

Indiana will be competitive. Detroit will have inconsistencies. Orlando will be in the playoff mix.

WEST
    1 - LA Clippers (Spurs/OKC had their spotlight, now LAC takes it)
    2 - Oklahoma City Thunder (2nd seed but plays like the favourites)
    3 - San Antonio Spurs (won't be as motivated as last season, but their coaching/depth will pull thru)
    4 - Goldenstate Warriors (more consistency from Splash Bros, playoff success will depend on Bogut)
    5 - Portland Trailblazers
    6 - Dallas Mavericks (will rest Dirk more in regular season, but Monta/Parsons will keep them competitive)
    7 - Houston Rockets (random roleplayer will save their season)
    8 - Phoenix Suns (another MVP-caliber season from Dragic)

Memphis remain competitive but they are too thin and reliant on their bigs. Denver will start hot but fall off after AS weekend. Lakers will start rough and decide to tank by faking injuries to old dudes. Sactown would be in the race for 8th seed. Pelicans stand still. Minny will show some good signs by beating a couple of top teams in a shitty season.

I'll explain.

Since I know your capable of sensible discussion I'll entertain your question.

Bulls have always performed well in the regular season. This is the strongest bulls team in the last 5 years and added gasol, brooks, McDermott, mirotic, snell, butler and lost boozer and korver of note. The core is still there.
    You say that the Bulls will be fine after adding all the new players, but not the Cav's? How is that even fair? The Bulls' season depends entirely on Rose. If he sucks, they're gonna struggle to win. Sure, they have pieces, but they'll try too hard to fit Rose in and it's gonna cost them a couple of games.

Cavs could have growing pains early, learning new schemes with a new coach and their first year together. The first year heat for example.
    Continuing what I said previously, this Cav's team is nothing like the '11 Heat. The '11 Heat were terrible outside the big 3. This team is perfect for LeBron to maximize his capabilities. They don't have enough defense, but their offense will be scary good.

Clippers are top 8, just forgot to put them in. Grizz out. Houston lost a big piece in parsons, I could see them slip badly.
    I still don't see how the Grizz, Nuggets, and the Pelicans are gonna be better than the Rockets.

Local High School Star kenny817's Avatar

Houston isn't making the playoffs

People still aren't getting the seeding right.

Warriors should be top 4

Its a joke they were 6th seed last year.
    West was strong. You're not guaranteed anything in this league, especially not in the stronger conference if your not at 100% or struggling in being consistent.

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    You say that the Bulls will be fine after adding all the new players, but not the Cav's? How is that even fair? The Bulls' season depends entirely on Rose. If he sucks, they're gonna struggle to win. Sure, they have pieces, but they'll try too hard to fit Rose in and it's gonna cost them a couple of games.

Continuing what I said previously, this Cav's team is nothing like the '11 Heat. The '11 Heat were terrible outside the big 3. This team is perfect for LeBron to maximize his capabilities. They don't have enough defense, but their offense will be scary good.

I still don't see how the Grizz, Nuggets, and the Pelicans are gonna be better than the Rockets.

The Bulls core is still intact tho. Noah, Butler, Dunleavy, Gibson, Hinrich, Thibs. Sure they added a ton of pieces and bring back Rose but the guys that have grinded over the years are still here. Those guys alone are worthy of a top 4 seed in the East. It will take time to mesh all the pieces but Thibs is the best coach in that conference. He will make sure we don't struggle like the Cavs do. Their whole identity and team mindset have changed. Not so much for us.

Quote Originally Posted by ballinhun8
    The Bulls core is still intact tho. Noah, Butler, Dunleavy, Gibson, Hinrich, Thibs. Sure they added a ton of pieces and bring back Rose but the guys that have grinded over the years are still here. Those guys alone are worthy of a top 4 seed in the East. It will take time to mesh all the pieces but Thibs is the best coach in that conference. He will make sure we don't struggle like the Cavs do. Their whole identity and team mindset have changed. Not so much for us.
    Sure. I don't doubt that they'll be a top 4 seed. I just believe that the Cav's are going to win more games than them. Cav's are definitely gonna end up as the #1 seed.

Thunder
    Spurs
    Clippers
    Warriors
    Trailblazers
    Grizzlies
    Mavs
    Rockets