Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Default Re: Over and under on the number of times Peyton will challenge Sherman in the Super Bowl

in the first two playoff games, vs. Saints and 9ers, Sherman was only been targeted 3 times total, it resulted in 2 incomplete passes and 1 PI (which is fantastic overall)

he played a side in both games, he was not glued to any WR, making him easily avoidable

also both games in Seattle where the Seahawks are significantly better

like I said earlier, this largely depends on weather or not the Hawks decide to glue him to Thomas...I am thinking that they won't and he will be avoided for the most part, but it could go either way

Default Re: Over and under on the number of times Peyton will challenge Sherman in the Super Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    Does this concept even apply in football?
    what

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    Peyton only purposefully targets weak corners.

He is kinda a bully in that he will repeated expose a weakness. He is kind of cheap and i suspect if he played video games he would be a spawn camper in a shooter, or a guy that just hadoken turtles in street fighter.

He is not going to throw on sherman unless sherman blows a coverage and leaves someone wide open.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    sure.. the smartest and the best players pick on a weakness as much as they can.. I think peyton is good enough to spot weakness all over any defense and pick on them.. not just one player..
    This is kind of my point. You use terms like smartest and best. These are not words that describe bullies.

The entire point of the game is to overpower or outrun the other guys. It makes no sense to me to single out a single player as a bully. It's applies to virtually ever player in the game, down to the holder on a field goal.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by zoom17
    he purposefully does stuff to win only, without regard to any other factors or how he wins.

Eg. Campers in a shooter. (an analogy)

Evidence: Back when he was on the colts he used to target roc alexander mercilessly everytime he played the broncos. In one playoff game he went to roc alexander more than 60% of the time.

This year against the chiefs he picked on marcus cooper.

Peyton also does stuff that some people (not me personally, I am a fan) think is cheap exploitation of the rules.

-He doesnt allow the defense to substitute and will run plays in order to get the refs to call 12 men on the field, if the defense tries to run in a sub.
    -he uses cadence to draw the defense offsides.

Peyton is not the type of guy that cares how he wins. He doesnt care about beating sherman. He wont be drawn into a personal battle to prove he can beat sherman.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    This is kind of my point. You use terms like smartest and best. These are not words that describe bullies.

The entire point of the game is to overpower or outrun the other guys. It makes no sense to me to single out a single player as a bully. It's applies to virtually ever player in the game, down to the holder on a field goal.

Being a bully in the game of football is not necessarily a bad thing.. The entire point of the game is to win the game.. Football is like other sports in that winning is usually based on exploiting match ups..

The best players are consistently able to exploit their match ups.. picking on a player who is the weak link on the defense (or offense) is akin to bullying.. Bullies pick on the weak and avoid the strong.

you don't win games by picking on Richard Sherman.. You have to find an easier target

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    Being a bully in the game of football is not necessarily a bad thing.. The entire point of the game is to win the game.. Football is like other sports in that winning is usually based on exploiting match ups..

The best players are consistently able to exploit their match ups.. picking on a player who is the weak link on the defense (or offense) is akin to bullying.. Bullies pick on the weak and avoid the strong.

you don't win games by picking on Richard Sherman.. You have to find an easier target
    This is basically what i mean

Local High School Star PHX_Phan's Avatar

The point he's trying to make is that all players in the NFL use whatever they can to gain an advantage. Particularly the linemen who are more like bullies and do all sorts of cheap things when they know the ref doesn't have a clear sight of them.

These are multi-billion dollar teams. Every single person on that field does whatever it takes to win.