Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Default Resident Evil 1 Remastered

One of my top three or five favorite games of all time, which I know has a lot to do with my experience with it at the time. But I also enjoyed the hell out of the original RE-Master on Sega which my cousin owned.

Now this has revamped the graphics to a degree, and more importantly reconstructed the old tank controls so they don't have to be used. As this review (with video trailer) states, it's a great jumping off point if you've never played before.

I'm super pumped. And it sounds like it's filled with quality easter eggs too. Because they say you can play with the original models of the characters within the new backgrounds, which is awesome.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/re...-remaster.aspx

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

Default Re: Resident Evil 1 Remastered

As the resident Resident evil fanaticos.....I like Thorpe am pumped for this one. The original game is what started my love for zombies. I never played any of the updated versions. So this should be a treat for me. I've never faced the crimson heads.

Banned

Spent some of yesterday playing it. The game is as good as ever and looks much prettier in the remake. One thing I wish they did was add in more optional features though to change things up and keep it fresh for replays

RE4 is the greatest of the series. Although holy shit, an end to the tank controls. That is amazing.

I wasted time looking for it on a disk like an old man, only to figure out last night it's digital only. So I just downloaded it overnight yesterday. I'm still pushing to finish Assassin's Creed before I get into anything else. I also picked up a couple retro horror titles I'd heard good things about (the trap of the digital store), Home, and Lone Survivor.

Not having this on disk kind of sucks because eventually I'll need the space.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    I wasted time looking for it on a disk like an old man, only to figure out last night it's digital only. So I just downloaded it overnight yesterday. I'm still pushing to finish Assassin's Creed before I get into anything else. I also picked up a couple retro horror titles I'd heard good things about (the trap of the digital store), Home, and Lone Survivor.

Purchase stays on account. You can always delete and redownload.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous

If your on xbox you can hook up a usb harddrive for more space.

You can USB your way to external storage on PlayStation too. I just prefer to have a disk if I can get it. I actually just bought the second season of The Walking Dead on disk.

I've made good headway. I've chewed almost through two keys. But I'm all but out of ammo. And I haven't wasted any of it.

This is really my first go round with the RE-Master. I played it a little back in the day on my cousin's Dreamcast, but not enough to realize there were differences in the puzzle structures. So I'm finding myself actually working to get through it. The original I could've gone through blind, knowing where to go when to get everything I needed to get and not waste time or resources.

Banned

I've gotten the first 2 keys and have a few more puzzles ready to solve just need to revisit them. I can't really remember too much of the lay out so end up finding puzzles where I don't expect them then realising I've left the item needed in my stash and having to back track. An option for a larger inventory would be nice but then I guess it kills the threat of having to back track to pick up items. I'm all good on ammo though, I've switched to the newer control scheme and to be honest it makes you almost too nimble which means you can quite easily run past a large number of the zombies.

Are there any cheats for this?

I'm outside now. I had the same issue as Outbreak, just that the puzzles aren't where they were in the original playstation version, but are probably the same as the Dreamcast REMaster.

I agree that you can run around some of the faster zombies more than I expected. But most of the issues I run into are being in tight quarters.

I'm really enjoying the hell out of it.

Banned

It looks like it's just the Gamecube version in HD.

Washed up streetballer ACCBaller1403's Avatar

That's exactly what it is but still worth a purchase. Great game.

I'm starting to really chew it up now. Pretty much closed out the mansion.

I'm still a little starved on ammo.

The things I remember being great about this game still hold. The maze of the map I'm convinced is the best ever done. All the locking and unlocking and finding keys and solving puzzles all feels more natural than most games. It's not laid out like a tree branch schematic.

Sure there's some mechanical issues. Even with the alternate controls, it's tricky. But there's a claustrophobic feeling in the tight hallways that just isn't matched in more open world type layouts.

And the distribution of the weapons, ammo, health, and saves via ink ribbon, are all pitch perfect, and make resource allocation a real game element.

Throw in the genre parody comic effects, like the ridiculous voice acting, and it's an all timer.

Is Grim Fandango worth a purchase?