Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Has a star player ever been rendered as completely irrelevant as Lebron 10-11 Finals?

I'm watching Game 3. he was basically nonexistent all series. Unbelievable.

Default Re: Has a star player ever been rendered as completely irrelevant as Lebron 10-11 Finals?

Kobe - 2004

WOAT Finals Performance.

Local High School Star

Default Re: Has a star player ever been rendered as completely irrelevant as Lebron 10-11 Finals?

Quote Originally Posted by 32Dayz
    Kobe - 2004

WOAT Finals Performance.
    was just about to say...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 32Dayz
    Kobe - 2004

WOAT Finals Performance.
    Good call. He was laughably bad.

Kobe in '04. He was doing everything he could think of. But Detroit in games 3-5 made them look like idiots.

MJ in '96. Karl put Payton on him starting in the second half of Game 3 and Jordan was absolutely terrible from that point on. He was still getting around 25 a game, but it was on such terrible percentages. In games 3-6, I think he shot 35-36% from the field. The Sonics were 2-2 in games 3-6.

Don't think so. Lebron was so non-existent that I didn't even notice him most of the time. When he finally took a shot I would be like "Oh, Lebron is on the court?"

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Shaq was worse in the 06 Finals. Kobe's lows in the 04 Finals were just as bad as LeBron's.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Don't think so. Lebron was so non-existent that I didn't even notice him most of the time. When he finally took a shot I would be like "Oh, Lebron is on the court?"
    I was posting during the Finals about how Mario Chalmers needed lebron and the other role players to step up already.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by D.J.
    Kobe in '04. He was doing everything he could think of. But Detroit in games 3-5 made them look like idiots.

MJ in '96. Karl put Payton on him starting in the second half of Game 3 and Jordan was absolutely terrible from that point on. He was still getting around 25 a game, but it was on such terrible percentages. In games 3-6, I think he shot 35-36% from the field. The Sonics were 2-2 in games 3-6.
    one of my fav teams of all thime (sonics)

too bad it took them 3 games to realize they were actually capable of beating the bulls.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    Shaq was worse in the 06 Finals. Kobe's lows in the 04 Finals were just as bad as LeBron's.
    Terrible comparison since 06 Shaq was Grandpa Shaq and it was the last year he was even semi useful/impactful.
    (both Kobe and Lebron were in their Physical Prime's)
    + Shaqs team won the Title.

Shaq (had he shot his FT's better) was at 17/11/2 on 60% shooting in the 06 Finals.
    He deferred to Wade and played a smaller role to let his team win.

Your trying to compare two players in their absolute primes to one who was way past his and that is retarded.
    Last edited by 32Dayz; 11-11-2011 at 02:32 AM.

It was pretty funny how Heat fans kept expecting some monster 40+ point game from Lebron in the Finals. They were always talking so much shit in the game-day threads. That shit was hilarious

Then like 90% of the Heat fans on ISH just disappeared after the Finals and haven't come back yet. But I'm sure they'll be back in the 2012-2013 season when the Heat go on a winning streak.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    It was pretty funny how Heat fans kept expecting some monster 40+ point game from Lebron in the Finals. They were always talking so much shit in the game-day threads. That shit was hilarious

Then like 90% of the Heat fans on ISH just disappeared after the Finals and haven't come back yet. But I'm sure they'll be back in the 2012-2013 season when the Heat go on a winning streak.
    The insane part was how ISH did a total 180 midway through the 4th of game 2...before Miami was the most stacked team ever and unbeatable--suddenly they were merely a team of 3 with no bench and no role players and Dallas was just TOO DEEP

Yeah, LeBron in the '06-07 Finals.

Quote Originally Posted by brisbaneman
    The insane part was how ISH did a total 180 midway through the 4th of game 2...before Miami was the most stacked team ever and unbeatable--suddenly they were merely a team of 3 with no bench and no role players and Dallas was just TOO DEEP
    This is one of my favorite pictures that someone posted after game 2:

In all honesty, both teams were sloppy in the Finals. Both teams held big leads at some point and blew them. Miami actually should have been up 3-0. No excuse to lose game 2. Miami in game 2 was the equivalent of Dallas in game 3 in '06.