Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year

Default Kenny to Shaq, "You might have been able to handle Kareem but you would NOT....

have been able to handle Lew Alcindor....Kenny just said this to Shaq at halftime. How do you guys feel?

Default Re: Kenny to Shaq, "You might have been able to handle Kareem but you would NOT....

[COLOR=Teal]There's no stopping Shaq, and there's no stopping the sky hook.
    [/COLOR]

NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Kenny to Shaq, "You might have been able to handle Kareem but you would NOT....

Quote Originally Posted by sbw19
    [COLOR=Teal]There's no stopping Shaq, and there's no stopping the sky hook.
    [/COLOR]
    So you're basically saying they both would score high against each other...I'd agree...

Like I said in the other post, it's a good conversation piece, but Magic did not play with prime Kareem.

And as above stated, neither of those two players would be able to stop each other. Both too offensively dominant.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Peak shaq is the best player ever imo.

[COLOR=Teal]Basically.. different strengths, both tremendous in their own ways.
    [/COLOR]

Shaq would injure Lew/Kareem 3 mins in if they played 1v1.

No one in the past, present, and maybe future can "handle" Shaq 1v1 or in a 5v5 real game situation.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    Peak shaq is the best player ever imo.
    Considering his absolute liability on free throw shooting, how can say that with a straight face?

Love Live Life

I would rather see Wilt vs Shaq.

Wilt seemed stronger than Kareem

Local High School Star

I feel Kenny Smith is mentally challenged. Kareem changed his name in his 2nd season, when he was 23.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by che guevara
    I feel Kenny Smith is mentally challenged. Kareem changed his name in his 2nd season, when he was 23.
    I think he was going for effect, rather than fact

Lol, dumb statement as usual.

With that said, most people remember or watch more of Kareem in his last days with the Lakers, like mid to late 80s, when he was still a great player but not quite the same as earlier in his career, especially as an athlete.
    When Kareem was younger he was just an amazing athlete, like 7'2'' w/o shoes, big wingspan, big hands, great mobility, could run the floor, could really jump and dunk with force, great coordination and conditioning... Still, he was not at his best when he was Alcindor, his peak was around 1977 rather, when he was still really athletic, when he had put on some weight to deal with the bigger centers, he was an offensive beast, a terrific rebounder, and an all-time DPOY level center (would've won like 3 had it been the award), and off-the-charts intangibles.. Just that the team was too ****ing weak so it (his actual peak) doesn't get more recognition, still led them to 53 wins and the WCF, playing at a level that not more than 4 players have ever reached.

Oh, and Shaq's my favorite player with a top 5 peak at least, but tbh KAJ is the GOAT center.
    If they went against each other, it would've been one hell of a game/series. Shaq was stronger and bigger centers bothered Kareem the most, he was even more athletic overall, with that and his skill it made him unstoppable, peak Shaq was a freakin beast. On the other hand, Kareem had more moves and ways to score, more range, obviously a better FT shooter, on the same level as a rebounder and an even better overall defensive player so that helps the team more. It could've gone either way but it also depends on their teammates, gotta admit Kareem would've most likely be more impactful most of the time.
    Last edited by SHAQisGOAT; 11-22-2013 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sbw19
    [COLOR=Teal]there's no stopping the sky hook.
    [/COLOR]
    one of the few consensus in basketball

I feel like I gotta google Lew Alcindor cause I have no clue who that is...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TylerOO
    I feel like I gotta google Lew Alcindor cause I have no clue who that is...
    The LeBron avatar makes this perfect.