Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-13-2018, 10:20 AM   #76
egokiller
The Mind Fvcker

Default Re: Is Lebron up there in the best player of all time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilteapot
He's not and never will be since MJ is so far above everyone else. But he's top 3.

It's hard to appreciate even top 3 since the gap is so immense between MJ and everyone else. It actually pisses me off because I'm hoping I can see someone perform at MJ level again. This is why it's so comical when people are like "Those who watched MJ feel threatened by x player."

Threatened by what? Watching someone become the GOAT again? That's called being privileged to witness such a thing occur TWICE, if it ever happens.
egokiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 10:25 AM   #77
aj1987
MH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by egokiller
In the 1990 playoffs even with Pippen, Bulls still lost. Michael Jordan was the 1990 playoff leader with 587 points. 1-9 doesn't really mean anything since it would have been the same result or worse for anyone else in the history of the game if they were in MJ's shoes. The reason why we know this is because no player has demonstrated at least 6/6 finals perfection while having the 6 FMVPs to back it up. If someone did, maybe we could say that they wouldn't have gone 1-9 in MJ's shoes.

What 1-9 means is that he was a late bloomer to becoming GOAT (as opposed to never becoming GOAT like everyone else) but once he figured it all out, he demonstrated GOAT level perfection. Until I see someone go at least 6/6 in the finals with perfection while being the best player on both teams (win the FMVP each time) then I'm not impressed.

Anything short of this is inferiority. Anyone who witnessed 6/6 perfection and 6 FMVPs understands why and that's just scratching the surface.
1-9 doesn't mean anything and yet here you are melting down over it.
aj1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 10:33 AM   #78
egokiller
The Mind Fvcker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj1987
1-9 doesn't mean anything and yet here you are melting down over it.

Providing some context to something is melting down? If that's the case, then you've been melting down with a majority of your posts today.
egokiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 10:38 AM   #79
LAmbruh
My city. His kingdom.

Egokillers upcoming novel

I swear i'm not threatened by Lebron and here's a 5,858 reasons why

LAmbruh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 01:13 PM   #80
paksat
Local High School Star

all these 14 year olds that never watched MJ play that have had the media and ESPN bombard them with "lebron is the greatest" ever since they were in diapers

I wouldn't expect anything else, they're brainwashed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankok8
These Lebron haters are the most irrational people in the universe I swear.

A player doesn't win Finals MVP when on a losing team. Key word being team.

if they're such a great "TEAM" then why do 90% of everyone that plays with him say he's a b*tch in one way or another

this past offseason was hilarious, your own close buddy kyrie is dancing with the opposing team in some party after the finals mocking you

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj1987
1-9, buddy. Was Isiah's and Bird's bitch before Pippen stepped up.

since it's a well known "fact" that lebron makes his teammates better ...

let's put lebron on those 80s teams that jordan had and let's see the win loss record.

I'd love to see that, no spot up 3 point shooters to bail him out, no center, no... nothing

God, one can dream

Last edited by paksat : 03-13-2018 at 01:23 PM.
paksat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 03:02 PM   #81
aj1987
MH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paksat

let's put lebron on those 80s teams that jordan had and let's see the win loss record.

I'd love to see that, no spot up 3 point shooters to bail him out, no center, no... nothing

God, one can dream
Please, go ahead. Do that and let me know of the results.
aj1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 03:08 PM   #82
Manny98
Rookie of the Year

Quote:
all these 14 year olds that never watched MJ play that have had the media and ESPN bombard them with "lebron is the greatest" ever since they were in diapers

I wouldn't expect anything else, they're brainwashed.

if they're such a great "TEAM" then why do 90% of everyone that plays with him say he's a b*tch in one way or another

this past offseason was hilarious, your own close buddy kyrie is dancing with the opposing team in some party after the finals mocking you

God, one can dream
LeBron swept a team with 4 all stars with JR Smith as his second option im 99.9% sure LeBron could do better than 1/9.
Manny98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 05:56 PM   #83
paksat
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny98
LeBron swept a team with 4 all stars with JR Smith as his second option im 99.9% sure LeBron could do better than 1/9.

cope so hard

jr smith has more highlights than all of his 80s teammates combined
Old 03-14-2018, 01:25 AM   #84
sportjames23
GOAT

paksat got these kids FUMING.
sportjames23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 06:45 AM   #85
Walk on Water
Good High School Starter

I don't even understand why kids like Lebron and think he's better than Jordan. His game is not fancy, it's not that entertaining to watch. I mean he holds onto the ball SO long that it puts you to sleep half the time.

It's kinda weird how kids like that style of play when we live in a world where people are into action and fast paced style of play. But... I guess the media is holding onto him for some reason.

Lebron just doesn't do anything that great. I guess his one claim is that he has a great combination of speed and strength. But then again... his footwork and agility isn't that great. He doesn't have a great post up game. Nor a good jump shot. And he gets really tired at the end of games because he doesn't seem to have enough help.

And also no defense.

What exactly is so great about Lebron? Is he getting more than 10 rebounds a game on the average for his career? Is he averaging like 12 assists a year? Does he have like 10 scoring titles? Does he have the most triple doubles? Best defense in the league? Winning all kinds of championships? Beating all kinds of crazy competition in his conference?

I seriously DON'T GET IT. He's like 2 plays away from being 1 and 7 in his career even with super teams. He's the biggest joke ever. WHY in the world does ESPN and all these networks act like he's winning and doing all these crazy things? What is he doing that's so special????? Stop repeating what the media says and sounding like a parrot, but why don't you persuade me and let me know something I don't already know about this guy???? He doesn't seem special to me.
Walk on Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 08:21 AM   #86
paksat
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walk on Water
I don't even understand why kids like Lebron and think he's better than Jordan. His game is not fancy, it's not that entertaining to watch. I mean he holds onto the ball SO long that it puts you to sleep half the time.

It's kinda weird how kids like that style of play when we live in a world where people are into action and fast paced style of play. But... I guess the media is holding onto him for some reason.

Lebron just doesn't do anything that great. I guess his one claim is that he has a great combination of speed and strength. But then again... his footwork and agility isn't that great. He doesn't have a great post up game. Nor a good jump shot. And he gets really tired at the end of games because he doesn't seem to have enough help.

And also no defense.

What exactly is so great about Lebron? Is he getting more than 10 rebounds a game on the average for his career? Is he averaging like 12 assists a year? Does he have like 10 scoring titles? Does he have the most triple doubles? Best defense in the league? Winning all kinds of championships? Beating all kinds of crazy competition in his conference?

I seriously DON'T GET IT. He's like 2 plays away from being 1 and 7 in his career even with super teams. He's the biggest joke ever. WHY in the world does ESPN and all these networks act like he's winning and doing all these crazy things? What is he doing that's so special????? Stop repeating what the media says and sounding like a parrot, but why don't you persuade me and let me know something I don't already know about this guy???? He doesn't seem special to me.

if lebron was 5 inches shorter he wouldn't even be in the league

says all you need to know about his "skills"

he's an elite passer, great great vision I'll give him that. But not even close to any resemblance of smooth whatsoever
Old 03-15-2018, 08:59 AM   #87
Manny98
Rookie of the Year

Quote:
if lebron was 5 inches shorter he wouldn't even be in the league

says all you need to know about his "skills"

he's an elite passer, great great vision I'll give him that. But not even close to any resemblance of smooth whatsoever
Yet 33 year old LeBron > 33 year old MJ
Manny98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 09:34 AM   #88
paksat
Local High School Star

Quote:

14 year olds need not comment
Old 03-15-2018, 11:12 PM   #89
Bawkish
Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote:

33yo MJ: 3 MVPS (reg.season, All-Star, Finals)
Bawkish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 12:24 AM   #90
smoove1986
Learning to shoot layups

LeBron: Playing for his legacy

MJ: Playing for the win. every.single.night.

you see the difference?

LeBron is a Top 5 alltime player. But he's no MJ. simple as that. LeBron wants people to admire him. MJ wanted to win.
smoove1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: