Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2018, 08:47 PM   #16
mrpibb
101% Dr. Pepper
 
mrpibb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 1,949
Default Re: Ricky Rubio is lowkey the best point guard in the NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuterThanRubio
He's playing the long con troll game, there is no way a true Jazz fan believes the things he says.

We all know Ricky's faults, but his impact has been tremendous, career highs, game winners, outplaying elite competition at his position, sparking winning streaks, etc., and if you pay attention to the players off the court at all you can see that he is responsible for building a unified locker room.

Xiao is just salty because this season is exposing Hayward's value, they are virtually the same team, if not better, without that overrated bum, if you really want to start tearing down a player let's change the narrative instead of saying a bunch of things about Ricky that don't add up when you see the results

Xiao Yao You didn't even like Hayward. Boy, you trippin'.
mrpibb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 09:11 PM   #17
Smoke117
The King Returns...
 
Smoke117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 20,738
Default Re: Ricky Rubio is lowkey the best point guard in the NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0kakw0rld
You are lowkey an idiot but that's none of my business.


There is nothing low-key about his idiocy.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 09:33 PM   #18
CuterThanRubio
"3 is greater than 2"
 
CuterThanRubio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Ricky's manbun
Posts: 1,863
Default Re: Ricky Rubio is lowkey the best point guard in the NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpibb
Xiao Yao You didn't even like Hayward. Boy, you trippin'.

Maybe I am, but I could have sworn we were going back and forth during the playoffs, arguing his worth to the team, either way, Ricky is the leader of the Jazz and Hayward is the most ovverated player in the league, deal with it!
CuterThanRubio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 10:18 PM   #19
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Xiao Yao You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Midvale, Utah, U.S.A.
Posts: 21,924
Default Re: Ricky Rubio is lowkey the best point guard in the NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpibb
Ricky Rubio is lowkey a borderline all-star guard.

The Jazz have all these moneyball players. Ricky's +/- is insane compared to the numbers he puts up. Mitchell is barely more efficient (no rookie is efficient) than Ricky but Xiao Yao You can't shut up about how awful Ricky is when the Jazz are SO MUCH better with him in the lineup.

All-star? You trolling man? You do know the season is 82 games long and started in October not 15 games long and starts in January right? 41 %/ 32% 3/5 ass(career low)/ 3 TO. What universe is that an all-star? I doubt that's even an all-star in the Mikan era. It's borderline NBA roster player.

+/- is the best you can come with? He's on the floor with Gobert most of the game and his +/- is good? Who would have guessed!

For most of the year they were better when Neto was in the game and Rubio was on the bench. They would be in at least 3rd place if Rubio was the player you described. The reason they are where they are is because of him and Hood killing them most of the year with their 30 minutes a night. Had to have at least one of them have a rare big night to even have a chance
Xiao Yao You is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 10:25 PM   #20
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Xiao Yao You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Midvale, Utah, U.S.A.
Posts: 21,924
Default Re: Ricky Rubio is lowkey the best point guard in the NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuterThanRubio
He's playing the long con troll game, there is no way a true Jazz fan believes the things he says.

We all know Ricky's faults, but his impact has been tremendous, career highs, game winners, outplaying elite competition at his position, sparking winning streaks, etc., and if you pay attention to the players off the court at all you can see that he is responsible for building a unified locker room.

Xiao is just salty because this season is exposing Hayward's value, they are virtually the same team, if not better, without that overrated bum, if you really want to start tearing down a player let's change the narrative instead of saying a bunch of things about Ricky that don't add up when you see the results

Wouldn't really say I am a Jazz fan. Hard to be a fan of that sorry ass franchise. The fact that their GM thought Ricky was ever a good idea pretty much says it all about the Jazz. I'm certainly not a fan of Rubio!

They're not better without Hayward. You can argue in the long run they will be because of having more flexibility but Hayward was incredible in the playoffs last year. That player will be hard to replace ever. Hill has probably been missed more than him though because unlike Ricky he was a perfect fit for what they do.

What results are those? They were the worst road team in the league before Gobert came back. The defense was awful and Rubio's matador style was a big reason. They have been horrible most of the year and Rubio and Hood are the main reasons.
Xiao Yao You is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 10:26 PM   #21
FKAri
5-time NBA All-Star
 
FKAri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 11,024
Default Re: Ricky Rubio is lowkey the best point guard in the NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpibb
Ricky Rubio is lowkey a borderline all-star guard.

The Jazz have all these moneyball players. Ricky's +/- is insane compared to the numbers he puts up. Mitchell is barely more efficient (no rookie is efficient) than Ricky but Xiao Yao You can't shut up about how awful Ricky is when the Jazz are SO MUCH better with him in the lineup.
The dude shat on Hayward all last year too. He's basically a Gobert only fan.
FKAri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 10:26 PM   #22
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Xiao Yao You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Midvale, Utah, U.S.A.
Posts: 21,924
Default Re: Ricky Rubio is lowkey the best point guard in the NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpibb
Xiao Yao You didn't even like Hayward. Boy, you trippin'.

He wasn't my favorite player but he is a ball player. Rubio otoh!
Xiao Yao You is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 10:27 PM   #23
FireDavidKahn
The Puppeteer
 
FireDavidKahn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 11,259
Default Re: Ricky Rubio is lowkey the best point guard in the NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpibb
Ricky Rubio is lowkey a borderline all-star guard.

The Jazz have all these moneyball players. Ricky's +/- is insane compared to the numbers he puts up. Mitchell is barely more efficient (no rookie is efficient) than Ricky but Xiao Yao You can't shut up about how awful Ricky is when the Jazz are SO MUCH better with him in the lineup.

No he isn't. Not even close. Which Western Conference guard does he even come close to?
FireDavidKahn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 10:27 PM   #24
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Xiao Yao You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Midvale, Utah, U.S.A.
Posts: 21,924
Default Re: Ricky Rubio is lowkey the best point guard in the NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuterThanRubio
Maybe I am, but I could have sworn we were going back and forth during the playoffs, arguing his worth to the team, either way, Ricky is the leader of the Jazz and Hayward is the most ovverated player in the league, deal with it!

Gobert is the leader of the Jazz. Where was Ricky when Rudy was was out?
Xiao Yao You is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 10:29 PM   #25
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Xiao Yao You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Midvale, Utah, U.S.A.
Posts: 21,924
Default Re: Ricky Rubio is lowkey the best point guard in the NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKAri
The dude shat on Hayward all last year too. He's basically a Gobert only fan.

I like most of the team actually especially now that Crowder has replaced Hood! Hard to deal with Ricky's ugly game though. I could maybe like him if he was a back-up and not the 2nd highest paid player on the team.
Xiao Yao You is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 10:32 PM   #26
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Xiao Yao You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Midvale, Utah, U.S.A.
Posts: 21,924
Default Re: Ricky Rubio is lowkey the best point guard in the NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
No he isn't. Not even close. Which Western Conference guard does he even come close to?

I was looking at possible trades for Ricky earlier in the year and Phoenix and NY were the only teams that I could have really seen Ricky making sense starting for and Phoenix has Payton so it's down NY!

Ricky's future is as a back-up or going back to Spain. He plays hard and with a lot of energy. He would make sense off the bench for the right team. Not sure Utah is the place though!
Xiao Yao You is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 10:34 PM   #27
FireDavidKahn
The Puppeteer
 
FireDavidKahn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 11,259
Default Re: Ricky Rubio is lowkey the best point guard in the NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
All-star? You trolling man? You do know the season is 82 games long and started in October not 15 games long and starts in January right? 41 %/ 32% 3/5 ass(career low)/ 3 TO. What universe is that an all-star? I doubt that's even an all-star in the Mikan era. It's borderline NBA roster player.

+/- is the best you can come with? He's on the floor with Gobert most of the game and his +/- is good? Who would have guessed!

For most of the year they were better when Neto was in the game and Rubio was on the bench. They would be in at least 3rd place if Rubio was the player you described. The reason they are where they are is because of him and Hood killing them most of the year with their 30 minutes a night. Had to have at least one of them have a rare big night to even have a chance
Gobert on and Ricky is on = 103.3 ORTG, 98.2 DRTG, +5.1 NETRTG
Gobert on and Ricky is off = 106.1 ORTG, 97.5 DRTG +8.6 NETRTG

When Rubio is on and Gobert is on = 103.3 ORTG, 98.2 DRTG, +5.1 NETRTG
When Rubio is on and Gobert is off = 104.8 ORTG, 107.2 DRTG, -2.4 NETRTG
FireDavidKahn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 10:40 PM   #28
CuterThanRubio
"3 is greater than 2"
 
CuterThanRubio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Ricky's manbun
Posts: 1,863
Default Re: Ricky Rubio is lowkey the best point guard in the NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
Wouldn't really say I am a Jazz fan. Hard to be a fan of that sorry ass franchise. The fact that their GM thought Ricky was ever a good idea pretty much says it all about the Jazz. I'm certainly not a fan of Rubio!

They're not better without Hayward. You can argue in the long run they will be because of having more flexibility but Hayward was incredible in the playoffs last year. That player will be hard to replace ever. Hill has probably been missed more than him though because unlike Ricky he was a perfect fit for what they do.

What results are those? They were the worst road team in the league before Gobert came back. The defense was awful and Rubio's matador style was a big reason. They have been horrible most of the year and Rubio and Hood are the main reasons.

Leading the team in defensive win shares = matador

Is anyone else paying attention to this empty rhetoric?

Ricky is a pest, not an on ball clamp, that's why they picked him up, guide offensive players into Gobert and play passing lanes for steals, it's not difficult to understand, and to make a big deal about them being worse defensively without the best defensive center is not a knock on Ricky, the point guard position is least important on that side of the ball.

The fact is he meshes well within their system and is enhancing the attributes of journeyman level players like Ingles and Crowder, while picking his spots carefully and knowing when to give Mitchell the keys to the offense which has led to a ROY worthy campaign.

+They haven't been "horrible" for "most" of the year because they have a winning record and are on pace to make the playoffs on a 47 win pace, seems like you haven't updated your notes since January/

CuterThanRubio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 10:46 PM   #29
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Xiao Yao You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Midvale, Utah, U.S.A.
Posts: 21,924
Default Re: Ricky Rubio is lowkey the best point guard in the NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
Gobert on and Ricky is on = 103.3 ORTG, 98.2 DRTG, +5.1 NETRTG
Gobert on and Ricky is off = 106.1 ORTG, 97.5 DRTG +8.6 NETRTG

When Rubio is on and Gobert is on = 103.3 ORTG, 98.2 DRTG, +5.1 NETRTG
When Rubio is on and Gobert is off = 104.8 ORTG, 107.2 DRTG, -2.4 NETRTG

But Ricky is the leader!
Xiao Yao You is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 10:58 PM   #30
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Xiao Yao You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Midvale, Utah, U.S.A.
Posts: 21,924
Default Re: Ricky Rubio is lowkey the best point guard in the NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuterThanRubio
Leading the team in defensive win shares = matador

Is anyone else paying attention to this empty rhetoric?

Ricky is a pest, not an on ball clamp, that's why they picked him up, guide offensive players into Gobert and play passing lanes for steals, it's not difficult to understand, and to make a big deal about them being worse defensively without the best defensive center is not a knock on Ricky, the point guard position is least important on that side of the ball.

The fact is he meshes well within their system and is enhancing the attributes of journeyman level players like Ingles and Crowder, while picking his spots carefully and knowing when to give Mitchell the keys to the offense which has led to a ROY worthy campaign.

+They haven't been "horrible" for "most" of the year because they have a winning record and are on pace to make the playoffs on a 47 win pace, seems like you haven't updated your notes since January/


You're right his defense doesn't suck as hard as his offense!

101 ortg 105 drtg/ -.9 obpm/1.3 dbpm .3 off win shares/2.8 def win shares = sucking hard!

The philosophy was always to funnel players to Rudy.They picked him up because they he was cheaper than Hill and Hayward said he would play with him. Playing passing lanes doesn't work if Rudy isn't playing though. He gets away with his gambling because of Rudy. PG is one of the most important positions defensively because most of the opposing point guards are big scorers in the no check era. Not as important with Gobert.

How does a guy that can't shoot mesh well with their system? You need to be able to play with and without the ball with the Jazz. Ricky spotting up in the corner makes opposing teams ecstatic!

Ricky gets credit for Mitchell's greatness too!

They were horrible for most of the year. They had one streak early in the year when Hood was out and Snyder only played Ricky about 20 minutes a night. And the current streak. Otherwise they've been awful especially on the road where they had lost almost every game. Ricky and Hood's 30 minutes a night were the main reasons for them sucking too
Xiao Yao You is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:14 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy