Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-11-2018, 07:10 PM   #16
HenryGarfunkle
Banned

Default Re: If you're still saying KD > Curry, you're ignorant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Russell
I'm not sure... I think KD is probably the second best. But yeah, Curry is the best. As painful as it is to admit, Harden is 3.

LeBron is 4... can't justify anything more than that at this point... he's getting old. It is what it is.

what is this
HenryGarfunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 07:11 PM   #17
Bill Russell
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hold this L
Ehh I can't do that yet until Harden proves it in the playoffs. Dude has had the GOAT meltdowns in the last few years in the playoffs. Lebron is at worst 3rd best. Harden has to prove more than either of those 3 superstars these years.

LeBron can't bring it for 40 minutes on defense AND be the entire Cavs' offense anymore... that's part of aging. It's not like any of these guys are better than he was at his peak. But the fact is he's getting old. He takes plays off defensively all the time and yells at people when he's the one out of position, lol.

LeBron is still one of the best players in the league and all out maximum effort for one game, he's still probably capable of being the best... but he's just not anymore. Consistency matters.

LeBron is my second favorite player behind Embiid now, but I mean.. gotta call it like it is. I've never done anything but, despite what some people will tell you.

Harden has been lighting it up in Houston this year. He's still flopping and cheaply drawing FTs but he's cut back a lot, and it's impressed me a lot as he's not being a complete bitch. I think with Paul to alleviate a lot of the pressure of it all being about Harden, you'll see him in a different light come playoff time, at least I think so.
Bill Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 07:11 PM   #18
fourkicks44
WE WERE RIGHT!

Isn't Durant one of the favorites for DPOTY?
fourkicks44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 07:11 PM   #19
tpols
we already won

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankaii
KD is better than Curry as an overall basketball player.
On a bad to decent team, I’d pick KD 10/10 times.
But on an already great team, specifically the Warriors who are predicated on ball movement and 3 point shooting, Curry is more impactful.

I don’t think anyone argued KD was more valuable than Curry, just better.

Outside chef the dubs were only a "decent" team at the start of the '15 season... dray was off the bench second rounder, iggy averaged 9 ppg, and only somewhat star was klay. Curry turned that into a dynasty! Durant had harden westbrook and ibaka and turned it into less.

Next!
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 07:12 PM   #20
bison
Serious playground baller

Durant is the better individual player but despite this, he needs curry far more than curry needs kd
bison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 07:12 PM   #21
SouBeachTalents
Big Pippen

Quote:
And you would be wrong and a terrible GM. Curry can make bums better than any player in the league. Even on last year's down year, there was a chart that showed a stratospheric rise in how players play with him on the court. In most cases, the arrow on shooting % sky rocketed. Curry can average 30 and improve every player in the team and ensure they are all better. KD will improve the defense due to individual brilliance and that's it.

KD is not better than Curry, and he hasn't been for a few seasons. He can do more things than Steph, he's an elite defender, 2 way player beast and arguably top 3 of the best rim protectors in the league. But KD has many games I noticed when he hits 30-40 point games and the team barely squeaks by and wins. Steph does it, it's almost a win every single time. Because unlike any player in the league, when he eats he makes sure everyone else eats at the same.

KD is the 3rd best player in the league, Curry is the best.

You sure it's 5 losses? Pretty sure it's 4.
Very underrated point, so far this season

When Curry scores 30: 16-1, 9 wins by double digits, 1 by 3 points or less
When Curry scores 40: 3-0

When Durant scores 30: 10-6, 4 wins by double digits, 3 by 3 points or less
When Durant scores 40: 0-3
SouBeachTalents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 07:14 PM   #22
LoneyROY7
Clutch City

Quote:
Ehh I can't do that yet until Harden proves it in the playoffs. Dude has had the GOAT meltdowns in the last few years in the playoffs. Lebron is at worst 3rd best. Harden has to prove more than either of those 3 superstars these years.

Just wait for Harden in playoffs this year. It's gonna be a wake-up call for the haters.

His game is on a different level now...no one is stopping him getting to the basket. AND he has CP now. Just wait on it.
LoneyROY7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 07:14 PM   #23
LAmbruh
5* General

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneyROY7
Just wait for Harden in playoffs this year. It's gonna be a wake-up call for the haters.

His game is on a different level now...no one is stopping him getting to basket. AND he has CP now. Just wait on it.
LAmbruh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 07:15 PM   #24
Bill Russell
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneROY7

His game is on a different level now...no one is stopping him getting to basket. AND he has CP now. Just wait on it.

I think so too. I'm not sure Houston is getting it done against GS. I wouldn't be surprised either way but I'd go 60/40 Golden State.

Harden is without question the best at getting to the rim and finishing, now.

I think Harden can be a different guy in the playoffs because of Paul alleviating pressure.

Let me say this though... if Harden falters in the playoffs again, stick a fork in his ass. This is his last shot, realistically speaking, to prove himself. If he can't do it with Paul, I very much doubt he's ever going to do it as the man. If they get beat, they get beat. If they get beat because he choked his ass off, that's when you know it's over.
Old 03-11-2018, 07:17 PM   #25
egokiller
The Mind Fvcker

Quote:
Curry is the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nba_55
You really think Warriors would rather lose Curry than Green?

Quote:
Draymond is the one guy that they can't lose... at all.

Quote:
Curry is the best player in the league.

This guy is so clueless he has literally mindfvcked himself. He says Curry is the best player in the league, but then goes on to claim that Draymond is the one guy on the team they can't lose at all.

egokiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 07:17 PM   #26
Bill Russell
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by egokiller
This guy is so clueless he has literally mindfvcked himself. He says Curry is the best player in the league, but then goes on to claim that Draymond is the one guy on the team they can't lose at all.

I know your simple brain can't comprehend it, so I'm not going to bother trying to explain it.
Old 03-11-2018, 07:20 PM   #27
ArbitraryWater
... on a leash

Basically all of Warriors' KD-less losses came when he was out the first time and they had to adjust back to it.

Since they're virtually unbeaten without him.

In fact Curry was their lowkey FMVP, nearly matched him statistically, I believe had him in +/- and generated many open looks for him.
ArbitraryWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 07:21 PM   #28
LoneyROY7
Clutch City

There's no question that Bron, Steph, Harden, and KD are the 4 best players in the world right now.

These playoffs will do a lot to tell us what that order should be.
LoneyROY7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 07:22 PM   #29
Bankaii
Trust the process.

Quote:
And you would be wrong and a terrible GM. Curry can make bums better than any player in the league. Even on last year's down year, there was a chart that showed a stratospheric rise in how players play with him on the court. In most cases, the arrow on shooting % sky rocketed. Curry can average 30 and improve every player in the team and ensure they are all better. KD will improve the defense due to individual brilliance and that's it.

KD is not better than Curry, and he hasn't been for a few seasons. He can do more things than Steph, he's an elite defender, 2 way player beast and arguably top 3 of the best rim protectors in the league. But KD has many games I noticed when he hits 30-40 point games and the team barely squeaks by and wins. Steph does it, it's almost a win every single time. Because unlike any player in the league, when he eats he makes sure everyone else eats at the same.
Based on what exactly? When has Curry proven he can be great without mourns great team.
Look at what he accomplish before GS was an ATG team. Nothing. He didnít respond each superstar status until Klay and Dray became all star level players and GS acquired one of the best supporting casts in the league.

As OVERALL players itís lebron/KD at the top, and Curry at a somewhat close 3rd. He hasnít proven what KD and lebron have.
Bankaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 07:23 PM   #30
Bill Russell
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneyROY7
There's no question that Bron, Steph, Harden, and KD are the 4 best players in the world right now.

These playoffs will do a lot to tell us what that order should be.

Kawhi ;)
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: