Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-12-2018, 01:34 PM   #16
Hittin_Shots
College star

Default Re: Ray Allen confirms in New book what we all knew... KG was a nutcase and Rondo a punk.

'According to Allen, though, the deal fell through for a different reason: “In the end, Doc decided he couldn’t do that to their coach, Monty Williams. Doc was a mentor to Monty, having coached him in Orlando.”'

Whst kinda reason is that to have not traded Rondo for Chris Paul...
Hittin_Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 01:38 PM   #17
E_Stamkos
Friendliest Poster :)

Default Re: Ray Allen confirms in New book what we all knew... KG was a nutcase and Rondo a punk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
If that's the worst story regarding either player I would be pleasantly surprised. They're great players with extreme personalities. Their quirks are absolutely worth putting up with if this is the worst.

This

Also... In KG's defense, I can see how somebody constantly dribbling a ball in the locker room could kinda get annoying after a while.

He definitely could have broached it in a less confrontational manner though.
E_Stamkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 01:51 PM   #18
PickernRoller
Playing RDR II

I always understood why Allen bounced on a personal basis. It's none of this shit. The dude sacrificed a lot to play his role and did so extremely well. Despite that he was recognized and praised the least. That's where the real issue is at which is why this laundry list f shit comes out as a consequence. Ray needs no book money but as a star that perhaps never got the recognition he believes he deserves amongst the creme of the crop, star of stars...that hurt him personally. Big ass ego's.

There are two sides to a story.

LeTards with low IQ comments polluting this thread.

Last edited by PickernRoller : 03-12-2018 at 01:59 PM.
PickernRoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 01:54 PM   #19
aj1987
MH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Stamkos
This

Also... In KG's defense, I can see how somebody constantly dribbling a ball in the locker room could kinda get annoying after a while.

He definitely could have broached it in a less confrontational manner though.
The article says he dribbled it in front of the locker room, so I'm assuming it's somewhere outside next to the door or in front of the door.

Anyways, you really shouldn't **** with a teammates' routine. He was doing that for ages and now you want him to stop it all of a sudden? Allen was 2a/2b with Pierce on that team as well and not some random scrub. Should've won FMVP in '08, TBH.
aj1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 01:58 PM   #20
CelticBaller
Killer Instinct

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
The fact that Ray is still butthurt enough over this comment this many years later to write about it in a book is telling.
For real
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 01:58 PM   #21
CelticBaller
Killer Instinct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittin_Shots
'According to Allen, though, the deal fell through for a different reason: “In the end, Doc decided he couldn’t do that to their coach, Monty Williams. Doc was a mentor to Monty, having coached him in Orlando.”'

Whst kinda reason is that to have not traded Rondo for Chris Paul...
Reason why Doc is a horrible GM
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 02:08 PM   #22
Haymaker
NBA rookie of the year

Steve Kerr got punched by MJ. Ray got his feelings hurt by a KG joke and Rondo's attitude. Kerr > Ray
Haymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 02:09 PM   #23
Haymaker
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by PickernRoller
I always understood why Allen bounced on a personal basis. It's none of this shit. The dude sacrificed a lot to play his role and did so extremely well. Despite that he was recognized and praised the least. That's where the real issue is at which is why this laundry list f shit comes out as a consequence. Ray needs no book money but as a star that perhaps never got the recognition he believes he deserves amongst the creme of the crop, star of stars...that hurt him personally. Big ass ego's.

There are two sides to a story.

LeTards with low IQ comments polluting this thread.

He and KG went to Boston to win championship. They years of personal accolades were supposed to be way past them already.
Haymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 02:10 PM   #24
kNIOKAS
There will be plaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayHaven
Some more in that link I posted...pretty sure the best will be in the book when it comes out
Great link

Quote:
Rondo claimed Allen was jealous of him, and when Allen responded that Rondo needed to “stop bulls—ing everyone on the team,” Rondo told him, “I’m going to get your ass out of here this summer.” Later, on the team plane, Allen said he approached Rondo to see if the problem could be handled and the hatchet buried. Instead, Rondo turned a cold shoulder and said, “I got 11 games to play with you, and that’s it.”
I love Rondo, but mang does he have to grow up on this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
If that's the worst story regarding either player I would be pleasantly surprised. They're great players with extreme personalities. Their quirks are absolutely worth putting up with if this is the worst.
It's a shitshow, and they tend to look far from what would you call a matured personality. They're like kids. It's fascinating but infuriating at the same time. At one point Celtics had a roster as noisy as the Jailblazers did, just perhaps with less criminality. Imagine trying to managing that bunch
kNIOKAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 02:41 PM   #25
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
It's a shitshow, and they tend to look far from what would you call a matured personality. They're like kids. It's fascinating but infuriating at the same time. At one point Celtics had a roster as noisy as the Jailblazers did, just perhaps with less criminality. Imagine trying to managing that bunch
That "shitshow" made it to the Finals twice and won a Championship. They aren't like kids because they're highly-focused professionals. That's the difference between them and the gang of underachievers in Portland. Sheed (for ironic example...he was part of the Celtics for a season) supposedly had all-time great talent but won't sniff the Hall of Fame. Why? Because he wasn't trying to be the kind of player that took over games and won MVP awards. Just wasn't him. KG on the other hand was an elite player for years. Pierce, Allen, Rondo, all of them got the most they could out of their talents. And that's why the personalities are worth putting up with. That's why you put up with a guy like Rodman or the Shaq/Kobe conflict.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 03:02 PM   #26
Number34
Not airballing my layups anymore

The stuff with KG seems kinda petty. But boy Rondo... one of my favorite players, I hope he's changed. Probably has been humbled seeing as he's kinda a role player now
Number34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 03:15 PM   #27
ArbitraryWater
... on a leash

I always thought KG must be such a cool teammate but it got obvious the dude is super weird

locker room cancer? or is that stretching it?
ArbitraryWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 03:43 PM   #28
aj1987
MH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
I always thought KG must be such a cool teammate but it got obvious the dude is super weird

locker room cancer? or is that stretching it?
Just a douchebag. You can say Rondo was cancerous though.
aj1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 03:45 PM   #29
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

Just the fact that he's actually writing a book and almost snitching on these dudes, got me into a certain perspective.

But when he said the Garnett dinner thing, maybe he read the situation wrong.
Maybe he was just trying to be funny, and not really establish dominion. At least consciously. I wonder the context, I mean, I can almost not picture any other way in which another man would say this other than a joking context.

The basketball dribbling thing, maybe you needed to be there. Maybe he did go about asking that Ray not do that and there was another way to go about telling him. Maybe. We weren't there.

And I know Rondo comes off as hard to like. So... We'll see.
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 02:30 AM   #30
Johnni Gade
Local High School Star

Good read. Thx
Johnni Gade is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: