Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-13-2018, 02:09 AM   #31
iamgine

Default Re: Ray Allen confirms in New book what we all knew... KG was a nutcase and Rondo a punk.

The Doc story seems fake. I mean, perhaps it was what Doc told Ray but clearly that can't be the real reason. And Ray just took it as if it was.

I think Ray is just such a literal and serious person that it's hard for him to catch the nuances of social interaction. Like the Garnett thing at the restaurant...it seems Garnett was just being a buddy.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 03:45 AM   #32
Doranku
NBA All-star

Default Re: Ray Allen confirms in New book what we all knew... KG was a nutcase and Rondo a punk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
I always thought KG must be such a cool teammate but it got obvious the dude is super weird

locker room cancer? or is that stretching it?

Nah, despite their weird relationship, Allen still had this to say about KG:

Quote:
Still, Allen wrote that of all the teammates he has had, “If I had to choose only one to play with, it would be Kevin Garnett. No one else comes close.”
Doranku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 04:03 AM   #33
Pushxx
Pushxx

Ray is just salty Bradley was better than him before Avery needed double shoulder surgery.

Ray releasing this shit now to cover that he had a gay lover. No getting over that one.
Pushxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 04:12 AM   #34
dunksby
NBA Legend

Dribbling in the locker room is ****ing annoying, KG just told it as he saw it. The restaurant thing shows Ray Allen is oversensitive, I mean I understand if he felt awkward at the time it happened but to write about it with such grudge years later makes you wonder who actually is the douche here.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 07:03 AM   #35
Derka
Wicked F*ckin Retahded

I have zero doubt that KG can probably come off as too much sometimes and if you can't roll with the punches, he could drive you nuts...but it sounds like KG was just busting his balls with the restaurant thing.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 07:48 AM   #36
Terahite
LeRetention Whore

Ray Allen: A Life in Cringe
Terahite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 08:31 AM   #37
Pushxx
Pushxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terahite
Ray Allen: A Life in Cringe

lmao
Pushxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 08:53 AM   #38
lilteapot
Very good NBA starter

I like Ray and hate KG and Rondo but he's kind of being overly sensitive about the things he's talking about.
lilteapot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 08:59 AM   #39
guy
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgine
The Doc story seems fake. I mean, perhaps it was what Doc told Ray but clearly that can't be the real reason. And Ray just took it as if it was.

I think Ray is just such a literal and serious person that it's hard for him to catch the nuances of social interaction. Like the Garnett thing at the restaurant...it seems Garnett was just being a buddy.

Not to mention Doc wasn’t the GM. Knowing his history, there’s no way Ainge hesitates to make that deal if it was on the table.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 09:49 AM   #40
KayHaven
I usually hit open layups

I don't understand how people are calling Ray overly sensitive or petty here..

He's releasing a book...he's telling all the things that went down...that's usually what happens when you release a biography.

I'm sorry but KG always came off as a nutcase to me. Many people saw it as passionate, focused and intense...I just saw it as him not being all there and being corny. So if Ray tells a story like the restaurant one..I'm gonna lean towards KG making the situation awkward more than Ray over analyzing it.
KayHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 10:17 AM   #41
cltcfn2924
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
Not to mention Doc wasn’t the GM. Knowing his history, there’s no way Ainge hesitates to make that deal if it was on the table.

I always understood that deal to be for O.J. Mayo. Never heard of a Chris Paul trade in the works.
cltcfn2924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 11:00 AM   #42
AirBonner
Tatyum

Ray Allen is a weird dude.

AirBonner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 11:45 AM   #43
AintNoSunshine
College superstar

Ray Allen or KG&Rondo

Hmmm I’ll give the benefit of the doubt to Ray all day
AintNoSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 11:49 AM   #44
PickernRoller
Laker fandom posponed

We all know LeTards would be sucking KG's d1ck if he were the one to defect like a traitor to help the Queen get a ring.

All Ray Love XOXO.
PickernRoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 03:46 PM   #45
kNIOKAS
There will be plaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
That "shitshow" made it to the Finals twice and won a Championship. They aren't like kids because they're highly-focused professionals. That's the difference between them and the gang of underachievers in Portland. Sheed (for ironic example...he was part of the Celtics for a season) supposedly had all-time great talent but won't sniff the Hall of Fame. Why? Because he wasn't trying to be the kind of player that took over games and won MVP awards. Just wasn't him. KG on the other hand was an elite player for years. Pierce, Allen, Rondo, all of them got the most they could out of their talents. And that's why the personalities are worth putting up with. That's why you put up with a guy like Rodman or the Shaq/Kobe conflict.
In 2010 (?) they had Shaq, Nate, Sheed all doing nonsense in practise, Stephon was there as well. Must have been quite a task to manage the squad. Rondo being Rondo, apparently, KG his type of crazy, Allen having his OCD. I guess Pierce was the one to balance it out?

I was really disappointed they didn't really try to close out the Finals on 2010. There wasn't much sense of urgency... Which lead to the horrible game 7 in LA
kNIOKAS is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: