Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2018, 05:00 PM   #46
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.
 
Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 23,621
Default Re: Ray Allen confirms in New book what we all knew... KG was a nutcase and Rondo a punk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
In 2010 (?) they had Shaq, Nate, Sheed all doing nonsense in practise, Stephon was there as well. Must have been quite a task to manage the squad. Rondo being Rondo, apparently, KG his type of crazy, Allen having his OCD. I guess Pierce was the one to balance it out?

I was really disappointed they didn't really try to close out the Finals on 2010. There wasn't much sense of urgency... Which lead to the horrible game 7 in LA
In the 2010 Finals Perkins was injured and Garnett was a lesser player than he was in 2008 when he lead the Celtics to the championship. The idea that all of a sudden in Game 7 of the Finals they stopped trying is kind of asinine.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 05:12 PM   #47
ArbitraryWater
... on a leash
 
ArbitraryWater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: I walk a higher path, son
Posts: 34,000
Default Re: Ray Allen confirms in New book what we all knew... KG was a nutcase and Rondo a punk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doranku
Nah, despite their weird relationship, Allen still had this to say about KG:

wow didnt expect that
ArbitraryWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 05:14 PM   #48
ArbitraryWater
... on a leash
 
ArbitraryWater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: I walk a higher path, son
Posts: 34,000
Default Re: Ray Allen confirms in New book what we all knew... KG was a nutcase and Rondo a punk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
In the 2010 Finals Perkins was injured and Garnett was a lesser player than he was in 2008 when he lead the Celtics to the championship. The idea that all of a sudden in Game 7 of the Finals they stopped trying is kind of asinine.

pretty sure he meant game 6, "lead to the..."
ArbitraryWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 05:16 PM   #49
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.
 
Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 23,621
Default Re: Ray Allen confirms in New book what we all knew... KG was a nutcase and Rondo a punk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
pretty sure he meant game 6, "lead to the..."
That's probably true.

The idea that they didn't try in Game 6 is asinine.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 05:50 PM   #50
Smoke117
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Smoke117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 21,776
Default Re: Ray Allen confirms in New book what we all knew... KG was a nutcase and Rondo a punk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
In the 2010 Finals Perkins was injured and Garnett was a lesser player than he was in 2008 when he lead the Celtics to the championship. The idea that all of a sudden in Game 7 of the Finals they stopped trying is kind of asinine.

Ray was also hurt in the latter half of that series after taking a knee from Artest to the thigh that caused a bone bruise. The 2009 and 2010 championships fell into the Lakers laps. The Celtics would have easily threepeated if not for KG hurting his knee. That 2009 probably would have won 70. They were just destroying everyone.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 06:17 PM   #51
Pushxx
Pushxx
 
Pushxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Posts: 5,400
Default Re: Ray Allen confirms in New book what we all knew... KG was a nutcase and Rondo a punk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke117
Ray was also hurt in the latter half of that series after taking a knee from Artest to the thigh that caused a bone bruise. The 2009 and 2010 championships fell into the Lakers laps. The Celtics would have easily threepeated if not for KG hurting his knee. That 2009 probably would have won 70. They were just destroying everyone.

Exactly this.
Pushxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 07:47 PM   #52
ArbitraryWater
... on a leash
 
ArbitraryWater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: I walk a higher path, son
Posts: 34,000
Default Re: Ray Allen confirms in New book what we all knew... KG was a nutcase and Rondo a punk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
In 2010 (?) they had Shaq, Nate, Sheed all doing nonsense in practise, Stephon was there as well. Must have been quite a task to manage the squad. Rondo being Rondo, apparently, KG his type of crazy, Allen having his OCD. I guess Pierce was the one to balance it out?

I was really disappointed they didn't really try to close out the Finals on 2010. There wasn't much sense of urgency... Which lead to the horrible game 7 in LA

btw so much wrong here

they didnt have Shaq, and they didnt have Stephon either.
ArbitraryWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 09:05 PM   #53
PickernRoller
Playing RDR II
 
PickernRoller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: In my wheelchair.
Posts: 8,248
Default Re: Ray Allen confirms in New book what we all knew... KG was a nutcase and Rondo a punk.

Celtics fans better not talk shit and make excuses for getting beat since it goes both ways.

We didn't have Bynum, Ariza in 08. Bynum in 10 still had his issues, Artest was a marginally worse option than Ariza and Kobe, the best player on the floor, had his knee drained between series and barely had lift - not to mention his ****ed up fingers. Still got it done. We gifted Game 2 as well if we're gonna put it like that.

Shut the **** up.

Last edited by PickernRoller : 03-13-2018 at 09:08 PM.
PickernRoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 09:28 PM   #54
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.
 
Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 23,621
Default Re: Ray Allen confirms in New book what we all knew... KG was a nutcase and Rondo a punk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PickernRoller
Celtics fans better not talk shit and make excuses for getting beat since it goes both ways
So if you were literate then you would have seen that the injuries were brought up in response to the idea that the Celtics' lack of effort was the reason they lost Game 6. No Celtic fan is saying that the Lakers had no injuries or anything about the Lakers at all. We apologize if your feelings were hurt and realize that you can be sensitive about such things. It's ok to cry.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 09:38 PM   #55
PickernRoller
Playing RDR II
 
PickernRoller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: In my wheelchair.
Posts: 8,248
Default Re: Ray Allen confirms in New book what we all knew... KG was a nutcase and Rondo a punk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
So if you were literate then you would have seen that the injuries were brought up in response to the idea that the Celtics' lack of effort was the reason they lost Game 6. No Celtic fan is saying that the Lakers had no injuries or anything about the Lakers at all. We apologize if your feelings were hurt and realize that you can be sensitive about such things. It's ok to cry.

Nikka you blind? 2 post above you? Or do I have to quote them? I know what you wrote. So stop getting your feelings hurt and assume I'm replying to your comment directly as if you're the sole Celtic fan in this thread.
PickernRoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 09:42 PM   #56
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.
 
Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 23,621
Default Re: Ray Allen confirms in New book what we all knew... KG was a nutcase and Rondo a punk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PickernRoller
Nikka you blind? 2 post above you? Or do I have to quote them? I know what you wrote. So stop getting your feelings hurt and assume I'm replying to your comment directly as if you're the sole Celtic fan in this thread.
1: don't use racial slurs.

2: Smoke is not a Celtic fan. Pushxx is though, I will admit that. My oversight there.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 09:45 PM   #57
PickernRoller
Playing RDR II
 
PickernRoller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: In my wheelchair.
Posts: 8,248
Default Re: Ray Allen confirms in New book what we all knew... KG was a nutcase and Rondo a punk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
1: don't use racial slurs.

2: Smoke is not a Celtic fan. Pushxx is though, I will admit that. My oversight there.

We cool.
PickernRoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 09:58 PM   #58
Smoke117
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Smoke117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 21,776
Default Re: Ray Allen confirms in New book what we all knew... KG was a nutcase and Rondo a punk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
1: don't use racial slurs.

2: Smoke is not a Celtic fan. Pushxx is though, I will admit that. My oversight there.

I watched the Celtics as much as any Celtic fan did at that time as Ray Allen was my favorite player in the league then. I know as much about those 2008-2012 teams as any Celtic fan.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 10:01 PM   #59
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.
 
Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 23,621
Default Re: Ray Allen confirms in New book what we all knew... KG was a nutcase and Rondo a punk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke117
I watched the Celtics as much as any Celtic fan did at that time as Ray Allen was my favorite player in the league then. I know as much about those 2008-2012 teams as any Celtic fan.
That means you were a Celtic fan. If you stopped caring after Allen left then you are not a current Celtic fan.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 10:37 PM   #60
Smoke117
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Smoke117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 21,776
Default Re: Ray Allen confirms in New book what we all knew... KG was a nutcase and Rondo a punk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
That means you were a Celtic fan. If you stopped caring after Allen left then you are not a current Celtic fan.

Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:01 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy