Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-13-2018, 05:00 PM   #46
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.

Default Re: Ray Allen confirms in New book what we all knew... KG was a nutcase and Rondo a punk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
In 2010 (?) they had Shaq, Nate, Sheed all doing nonsense in practise, Stephon was there as well. Must have been quite a task to manage the squad. Rondo being Rondo, apparently, KG his type of crazy, Allen having his OCD. I guess Pierce was the one to balance it out?

I was really disappointed they didn't really try to close out the Finals on 2010. There wasn't much sense of urgency... Which lead to the horrible game 7 in LA
In the 2010 Finals Perkins was injured and Garnett was a lesser player than he was in 2008 when he lead the Celtics to the championship. The idea that all of a sudden in Game 7 of the Finals they stopped trying is kind of asinine.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 05:12 PM   #47
ArbitraryWater
... on a leash

Default Re: Ray Allen confirms in New book what we all knew... KG was a nutcase and Rondo a punk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doranku
Nah, despite their weird relationship, Allen still had this to say about KG:

wow didnt expect that
ArbitraryWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 05:14 PM   #48
ArbitraryWater
... on a leash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
In the 2010 Finals Perkins was injured and Garnett was a lesser player than he was in 2008 when he lead the Celtics to the championship. The idea that all of a sudden in Game 7 of the Finals they stopped trying is kind of asinine.

pretty sure he meant game 6, "lead to the..."
Old 03-13-2018, 05:16 PM   #49
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
pretty sure he meant game 6, "lead to the..."
That's probably true.

The idea that they didn't try in Game 6 is asinine.
Old 03-13-2018, 05:50 PM   #50
Smoke117
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:

Ray was also hurt in the latter half of that series after taking a knee from Artest to the thigh that caused a bone bruise. The 2009 and 2010 championships fell into the Lakers laps. The Celtics would have easily threepeated if not for KG hurting his knee. That 2009 probably would have won 70. They were just destroying everyone.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 06:17 PM   #51
Pushxx
Pushxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke117
Ray was also hurt in the latter half of that series after taking a knee from Artest to the thigh that caused a bone bruise. The 2009 and 2010 championships fell into the Lakers laps. The Celtics would have easily threepeated if not for KG hurting his knee. That 2009 probably would have won 70. They were just destroying everyone.

Exactly this.
Pushxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 07:47 PM   #52
ArbitraryWater
... on a leash

Quote:
Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
In 2010 (?) they had Shaq, Nate, Sheed all doing nonsense in practise, Stephon was there as well. Must have been quite a task to manage the squad. Rondo being Rondo, apparently, KG his type of crazy, Allen having his OCD. I guess Pierce was the one to balance it out?

I was really disappointed they didn't really try to close out the Finals on 2010. There wasn't much sense of urgency... Which lead to the horrible game 7 in LA

btw so much wrong here

they didnt have Shaq, and they didnt have Stephon either.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:05 PM   #53
PickernRoller
Playing RDR II

Celtics fans better not talk shit and make excuses for getting beat since it goes both ways.

We didn't have Bynum, Ariza in 08. Bynum in 10 still had his issues, Artest was a marginally worse option than Ariza and Kobe, the best player on the floor, had his knee drained between series and barely had lift - not to mention his ****ed up fingers. Still got it done. We gifted Game 2 as well if we're gonna put it like that.

Shut the **** up.

Last edited by PickernRoller : 03-13-2018 at 09:08 PM.
PickernRoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 09:28 PM   #54
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PickernRoller
Celtics fans better not talk shit and make excuses for getting beat since it goes both ways
So if you were literate then you would have seen that the injuries were brought up in response to the idea that the Celtics' lack of effort was the reason they lost Game 6. No Celtic fan is saying that the Lakers had no injuries or anything about the Lakers at all. We apologize if your feelings were hurt and realize that you can be sensitive about such things. It's ok to cry.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:38 PM   #55
PickernRoller
Playing RDR II

Quote:
So if you were literate then you would have seen that the injuries were brought up in response to the idea that the Celtics' lack of effort was the reason they lost Game 6. No Celtic fan is saying that the Lakers had no injuries or anything about the Lakers at all. We apologize if your feelings were hurt and realize that you can be sensitive about such things. It's ok to cry.

Nikka you blind? 2 post above you? Or do I have to quote them? I know what you wrote. So stop getting your feelings hurt and assume I'm replying to your comment directly as if you're the sole Celtic fan in this thread.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:42 PM   #56
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PickernRoller
Nikka you blind? 2 post above you? Or do I have to quote them? I know what you wrote. So stop getting your feelings hurt and assume I'm replying to your comment directly as if you're the sole Celtic fan in this thread.
1: don't use racial slurs.

2: Smoke is not a Celtic fan. Pushxx is though, I will admit that. My oversight there.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:45 PM   #57
PickernRoller
Playing RDR II

Quote:

2: Smoke is not a Celtic fan. Pushxx is though, I will admit that. My oversight there.

We cool.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:58 PM   #58
Smoke117

Quote:

I watched the Celtics as much as any Celtic fan did at that time as Ray Allen was my favorite player in the league then. I know as much about those 2008-2012 teams as any Celtic fan.
Old 03-13-2018, 10:01 PM   #59
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke117
I watched the Celtics as much as any Celtic fan did at that time as Ray Allen was my favorite player in the league then. I know as much about those 2008-2012 teams as any Celtic fan.
That means you were a Celtic fan. If you stopped caring after Allen left then you are not a current Celtic fan.
Old 03-13-2018, 10:37 PM   #60
Smoke117

Quote:
That means you were a Celtic fan. If you stopped caring after Allen left then you are not a current Celtic fan.

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: