Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2018, 05:00 PM   #1
BigKobeFan
Decent playground baller
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 341
Default Julius Randle is a beast

This guy has been bullying the opponents day in and day out. The only guy that could have matched up with him last night guarded 2 rookies instead.

I mean why not step up to the plate and guard the beast
BigKobeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 05:02 PM   #2
ArbitraryWater
... on a leash
 
ArbitraryWater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: I walk a higher path, son
Posts: 33,465
Default Re: Julius Randle is a beast

but he's 30-36
ArbitraryWater is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 05:02 PM   #3
MrFonzworth
Data Pagan
 
MrFonzworth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 7,805
Default Re: Julius Randle is a beast

Magic needs to throw as much money at him as he can for as long as he can.
MrFonzworth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 05:25 PM   #4
BigKobeFan
Decent playground baller
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 341
Default Re: Julius Randle is a beast

BigKobeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 05:31 PM   #5
aj1987
MH!
 
aj1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 20,673
Default Re: Julius Randle is a beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKobeFan
This guy has been bullying the opponents day in and day out. The only guy that could have matched up with him last night guarded 2 rookies instead.

I mean why not step up to the plate and guard the beast
Kobe let Austin Croshere murder him in the Finals. Let that sink in.
aj1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 05:44 PM   #6
bison
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: brown town
Posts: 256
Default Re: Julius Randle is a beast

bison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 05:56 PM   #7
BigKobeFan
Decent playground baller
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 341
Default Re: Julius Randle is a beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj1987
Kobe let Austin Croshere murder him in the Finals. Let that sink in.

This thread isn't even about kobe...what is your point.
BigKobeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 06:06 PM   #8
ralph_i_el
The Wizard
 
ralph_i_el's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Born Under a Bad Sign
Posts: 8,915
Default Re: Julius Randle is a beast

He cannot shoot and he doesn't finish much with his off hand.

If he's your backup 4, you are probably in a good position.

If he starts, you either have to start him at the 5 and punt on getting any rim protection from that position. If you start him at the 4, you need one of the ~10 starter level centers who can be considered "floor spacer" quality shooters.

He's talented, athletic, but does not fit into the current NBA. Poor man's Blake Griffin.
ralph_i_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 06:44 PM   #9
HenryGarfunkle
Henry The Great
 
HenryGarfunkle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 3,194
Default Re: Julius Randle is a beast

Dude is reckless as hell. Poor mans Westbrook at the PF position without the relentless hustle
HenryGarfunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 07:49 PM   #10
brownmamba00
Cali Love
 
brownmamba00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,224
Default Re: Julius Randle is a beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
He cannot shoot and he doesn't finish much with his off hand.

If he's your backup 4, you are probably in a good position.

If he starts, you either have to start him at the 5 and punt on getting any rim protection from that position. If you start him at the 4, you need one of the ~10 starter level centers who can be considered "floor spacer" quality shooters.

He's talented, athletic, but does not fit into the current NBA. Poor man's Blake Griffin.
Randle plays defense unlike Blake. Other than them both being athletic and 6'10 I don't see the comparison.

You'll never see Blake play the 5 like Jules does. Or talk shit and bully opposing team Centers into submission.
brownmamba00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 09:57 AM   #11
tamaraw08
College star
 
tamaraw08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,842
Default Re: Julius Randle is a beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownmamba00
Randle plays defense unlike Blake. Other than them both being athletic and 6'10 I don't see the comparison.

You'll never see Blake play the 5 like Jules does. Or talk shit and bully opposing team Centers into submission.

What some fans don't know esp the non laker fans is that Randle can switch in the perimeter and still be able to defend unlike slow centers like Mozgov etc.
Luke cringed every time Mozgov and Lopez had to switch, that is why even Brook had limited minutes in the first 40 games.
Randle is also a very under rated on the ball defender, had a good job guarding Lebron last Sunday.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 11:16 AM   #12
ralph_i_el
The Wizard
 
ralph_i_el's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Born Under a Bad Sign
Posts: 8,915
Default Re: Julius Randle is a beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownmamba00
Randle plays defense unlike Blake. Other than them both being athletic and 6'10 I don't see the comparison.

You'll never see Blake play the 5 like Jules does. Or talk shit and bully opposing team Centers into submission.

They both are good ball handlers for their position. They both can bully dudes in the post.

In Blake's first 3 seasons he spent 24-34% of his time at center (as per Bball-ref). He'd play some 5 on certain teams.
ralph_i_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 08:37 PM   #13
Bosnian Sajo
Why?
 
Bosnian Sajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The ISH Grim Reaper
Posts: 10,358
Default Re: Julius Randle is a beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
What some fans don't know esp the non laker fans is that Randle can switch in the perimeter and still be able to defend unlike slow centers like Mozgov etc.
Luke cringed every time Mozgov and Lopez had to switch, that is why even Brook had limited minutes in the first 40 games.
Randle is also a very under rated on the ball defender, had a good job guarding Lebron last Sunday.

?

Mozgov didn't play for the Lakers this season..
Bosnian Sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 11:39 PM   #14
BigKobeFan
Decent playground baller
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 341
Default Re: Julius Randle is a beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
What some fans don't know esp the non laker fans is that Randle can switch in the perimeter and still be able to defend unlike slow centers like Mozgov etc.
Luke cringed every time Mozgov and Lopez had to switch, that is why even Brook had limited minutes in the first 40 games.
Randle is also a very under rated on the ball defender, had a good job guarding Lebron last Sunday.

Someone needs to make a thread on fake news from bull shitters
BigKobeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 01:06 AM   #15
Smoke117
Point God
 
Smoke117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 20,546
Default Re: Julius Randle is a beast

Yup. Max him out Lakers.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:31 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy