Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-13-2018, 04:02 PM   #16
bladefd
NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Jazz have won 18 out of 20 games

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarHill

You still think Western conference power vs East is overrated? You have 10 teams fighting for playoffs in West. Spurs were 3rd seed for a while, lost a few games and are in danger of missing playoffs altogether. Seeds 4 to 10 are separated by 2 games! Hell, the 3rd seed Blazers are only 4 games away from not making playoffs!

Meanwhile, the 8 playoffs teams from the East are essentially locked up, barring a meltdown from Miami. 5 teams from East have positive point differential - 10 in the west
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 04:08 PM   #17
SugarHill
infamous souvlaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
You still think Western conference power vs East is overrated? You have 10 teams fighting for playoffs in West. Spurs were 3rd seed for a while, lost a few games and are in danger of missing playoffs altogether. Seeds 4 to 10 are separated by 2 games! Hell, the 3rd seed Blazers are only 4 games away from not making playoffs!

Meanwhile, the 8 playoffs teams from the East are essentially locked up, barring a meltdown from Miami. 5 teams from East have positive point differential - 10 in the west
Utah Jazz has a stronger record against the West than the East. The entire basis for what was said previously is utterly and entirely wrong. Blow it out your ass, blade.
SugarHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 04:09 PM   #18
mrpibb
101% Dr. Pepper

Once upon a time, the Jazz were in 10th place in the West with a 19-28 record. Two days ago, they had won 18 of 20 games, and were in 10th place in the West.

mrpibb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 04:14 PM   #19
bladefd
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Utah Jazz has a stronger record against the West than the East. The entire basis for what was said previously is utterly and entirely wrong. Blow it out your ass, blade.

I don't even know who you are responding to or where this thread is heading or what your point is concerning Utah. I'm only concerned with what you were saying a month ago

Sorry bro, but I think I'd rather be in the East. Every time. West is just way more competitive and difficult to hold a playoffs berth with danger of falling out.
Old 03-13-2018, 04:17 PM   #20
SugarHill
infamous souvlaki

Quote:
I don't even know who you are responding to or where this thread is heading or what your point is concerning Utah. I'm only concerned with what you were saying a month ago

Sorry bro, but I think I'd rather be in the East. Every time. West is just way more competitive and difficult to hold a playoffs berth with danger of falling out.
Circumstances. Those teams aren't that great. I mean, you mentioned the Spurs...people openly talking about pulling a Robinson/Duncan with Ayton.

West is stronger because it has the 2 best teams. Please don't sell me on the others. They ain't shit.
Old 03-13-2018, 04:21 PM   #21
aj1987
MH!

Quote:

It's 48%-52% right now, EC vs WC. Right about the time when the Jazz went on that run, the EC had a better record against the WC than vice versa.

So, in short, the Jazz would have a shittier record and would be lottery team right now, if the played in the EC.

EDIT: The Jazz are 13-14 vs the EC right now.

Lets not pretend that the WC teams are winning 70% of their games against the EC. It's damn near identical.
aj1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 04:26 PM   #22
red1
firmwrist heterosexual

Quote:
Circumstances. Those teams aren't that great. I mean, you mentioned the Spurs...people openly talking about pulling a Robinson/Duncan with Ayton.

West is stronger because it has the 2 best teams. Please don't sell me on the others. They ain't shit.
#realtalk

the west is a two-team conference
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 04:29 PM   #23
SugarHill
infamous souvlaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1
#realtalk

the west is a two-team conference
western conference is filled with remoras eating off the fear and respect of the only 2 sharks in the ocean
Old 03-13-2018, 04:31 PM   #24
bladefd
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:

East has 1 legit team in Raps. Celtics injuries to half the team, Cavs garbageeee! Wizards ewww without john wall. ewww, bucks melting down

Blazers can wack any of those teams not named Toronto.. OKC too. Denver and Spurs, who are presently out of playoffs, are taking those east teams not named Toronto to 7 games at the least. Perhaps even Toronto knowing their history of choking.
Old 03-13-2018, 04:33 PM   #25
red1
firmwrist heterosexual

Quote:
western conference is filled with remoras eating off the fear and respect of the only 2 sharks in the ocean
well said. and those remoras will be feasted on just like last year when the warriors literally swept their way through the conference.

west is not stacked.
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 04:35 PM   #26
SugarHill
infamous souvlaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1
well said. and those remoras will be feasted on just like last year when the warriors literally swept their way through the conference.

west is not stacked.
It's so weird when the Cavs run through the East, it's because it's soft and weak. When the Warriors bend over the West harder and somehow always find injuries along the way, it's because the West is stacked.
Old 03-13-2018, 04:52 PM   #27
mrpibb
101% Dr. Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj1987
It's 48%-52% right now, EC vs WC. Right about the time when the Jazz went on that run, the EC had a better record against the WC than vice versa.

So, in short, the Jazz would have a shittier record and would be lottery team right now, if the played in the EC.

EDIT: The Jazz are 13-14 vs the EC right now.

Lets not pretend that the WC teams are winning 70% of their games against the EC. It's damn near identical.

That EC record is misleading because most of it was without Gobert. They haven't lost to an EC team in 20 games, that much I can say for sure.
mrpibb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 05:04 PM   #28
qrich
King Heno

Quote:

And, arguably, 8 of the 10 best in the league. I'd take a side like Portland over Chokeronto. Cleveland just got shellacked by the Lakers, who have no chance in the West and are 16-10 against the East, which, percentage point wise, would put them in third in the East.

But hey, Victor Oladipo is leading a team to the third spot in the East
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 05:21 PM   #29
Smoke117
The King Returns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
And, arguably, 8 of the 10 best in the league. I'd take a side like Portland over Chokeronto. Cleveland just got shellacked by the Lakers, who have no chance in the West and are 16-10 against the East, which, percentage point wise, would put them in third in the East.

But hey, Victor Oladipo is leading a team to the third spot in the East

Oladipo has been a bad man this season...why you talking shit?
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 03:08 AM   #30
SugarHill
infamous souvlaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke117
Oladipo has been a bad man this season...why you talking shit?
Because he felt some type of way about the facts of the situation because he thinks East/West is some gang affiliation.

"derp the blazers are third in da west"

is about as intellectual as what he spewed
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: