Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-27-2008, 06:55 PM   #16
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Default Re: blind dates-- what have you seen?

I stopped accepting chicks that i don't know because 9 times outta 10 the ones who add you without knowing you are either 1. desperate for attention/friends, or 2. bein nosey trying to find stuff out about you because of a mutual friend.

Last girl i met from facebook had a bangin body, double D's, took kickboxing classes...athletic girl. I met her (not a big deal she lived in a dorm building a minute away from my apt) and she had the absolute most annoying southern accent accent i ever heard. She stayed the night with me and for the first time in my life i set my alarm for 7am just so i could kick her out early and have some sleeping time to myself. That was back in 07 and I swore it off after that.
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 07:51 AM   #17
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
My first and only blind date was a success. I was 20 at the time. I usually did my own hunting, but I had been away at college for so long that I was completely out of the loop. So I asked my cousin to flip through her "Ho"lodex and hook a bruh up. She hooked me up with a 27 year old nutjub. During the date she gave me her life story, that was filled with abuse from ex-boyfriends and mommy and daddy issues. I endured it because I wanted to hit. I figured that if she was 27 and willing to go out on a date with a college kid she would give up that ass. We both got loaded and I trailed her crib. We kicked it for the rest of the summer before I headed off to school never to communicate with her again. I have not been on a blindate since then.
In the future I will probably be more specific about what I am looking for. At the time the only qualification I asked for was that she was fine. Since I am older, and am actually open to settling down, I would prefer a stable woman who is attractive and intelligent.

it sounds like it had the potential to be a fine reality series
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:42 AM   #18
Mamba
Vince Carter > Kobe

i was 15 at the time my mate decided to take his girl and her friend was heaps horny apparently.

im 15 am i gna say no?

i get there, this chicks top half of the nose was wider then the bottom half and her body was rank.

just to let u know.

we sat in the theater in silence

and i left asap
Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 11:33 AM   #19
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

I've dated my current g/f for almost a year, and we met via a blind date. Started talking to her on a dating website, met up one day, and the rest is history.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 01:01 PM   #20
playtetris
soundcloud->solarcism

i'm in a weird situation atm. met this chick at a mutual friend's party and hit it off pretty well. anyways, tonight she randomly rocked over to my buddy's crib, and we basically sucked face for like 3 hours.

turns out my mate was attempting to set us up after the first meeting. i kinda dislike the situation b/c the chick seems like a bit of a headcase: she was making these subtle allusions to a long-term relationship, and was virtually crying when we were kissing. normally i would treat as a tap and run or just cut my losses and ditch, but the scenario is complicated by the social connections.

that's basically the issue i have with blind dates; it's almost as if you have to tread lightly to avoid offending all the parties involved.
playtetris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 11:16 PM   #21
playtetris
soundcloud->solarcism

Quote:
Originally Posted by playtetris
i'm in a weird situation atm. met this chick at a mutual friend's party and hit it off pretty well. anyways, tonight she randomly rocked over to my buddy's crib, and we basically sucked face for like 3 hours.

turns out my mate was attempting to set us up after the first meeting. i kinda dislike the situation b/c the chick seems like a bit of a headcase: she was making these subtle allusions to a long-term relationship, and was virtually crying when we were kissing. normally i would treat as a tap and run or just cut my losses and ditch, but the scenario is complicated by the social connections.

that's basically the issue i have with blind dates; it's almost as if you have to tread lightly to avoid offending all the parties involved.

the issue i was worried about here really manifested itself over the past day. this chick is straight drama: after we hooked up a couple of times, she's basically starting arguments and acting like we're in a relationship even though nothing was confirmed at all.

despite that, she's f*cking cool as hell. this chick namedropped these obscure musically acts (what kind of a chick knows madlib to charles mingus to ac/dc?!), when i first met her, is an amazing kisser (and would be great sexually) and is generally smart.

so, in essence, the payola is there, but there's also a risk that she goes berserk and stabs me in a fit of passion. i always seem to run into headcase females.
playtetris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 11:24 PM   #22
Lil B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamba
i was 15 at the time my mate decided to take his girl and her friend was heaps horny apparently.

im 15 am i gna say no?

i get there, this chicks top half of the nose was wider then the bottom half and her body was rank.

just to let u know.

we sat in the theater in silence

and i left asap

you're telling me you passed up pu-ssy because of the shape of her nose..

You should be castrated for your action.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:48 PM   #23
Dasher
7-time NBA All-Star

Last night I had a blind date with booger-bear phlebotomist who traced my veins with her fingers all night, and told me how awesome it would be to draw my blood. After going back to her place, I was horrified by her vampire motif. I could not pity-fuck her out of fear for my life and awesome veins.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 01:04 PM   #24
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
Myspace/Facebook have saved a lot of potential blind date disasters now. Just punch in her name and you can at least get an idea of what she looks like. Even that doesn't work that well though because of the Dreaded Myspace Angles
Those damn angles. Got me once.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 01:04 PM   #25
NBACha
Decent playground baller

My last blind date was my wife - we've been married 14 years. Success!
NBACha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:14 PM   #26
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
Last night I had a blind date with booger-bear phlebotomist who traced my veins with her fingers all night, and told me how awesome it would be to draw my blood. After going back to her place, I was horrified by her vampire motif. I could not pity-fuck her out of fear for my life and awesome veins.

RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:39 PM   #27
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
I stopped accepting chicks that i don't know because 9 times outta 10 the ones who add you without knowing you are either 1. desperate for attention/friends, or 2. bein nosey trying to find stuff out about you because of a mutual friend.

Last girl i met from facebook had a bangin body, double D's, took kickboxing classes...athletic girl. I met her (not a big deal she lived in a dorm building a minute away from my apt) and she had the absolute most annoying southern accent accent i ever heard. She stayed the night with me and for the first time in my life i set my alarm for 7am just so i could kick her out early and have some sleeping time to myself. That was back in 07 and I swore it off after that.
Why didnt you just put your cock in her mouth? Goodbye, southern accent.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:00 PM   #28
niko
I Run NY.

I went to visit my friend in Osaka and he couldn't come out due to work, so he did me a solid, he set me up with his co-worker for a date, she would take me all over the town. So i meet the girl, not bad.

Within the first 10 minutes i found out she was divorced and wanted to get married again, and asked if we would be a good match married and if we got married if i would take her to the states. I'm not exaggerating, 10 minutes. It went on like that for like 40 minutes until i decided to make a break for it and tell her i had to go back to the hotel. She FOLLOWED me home saying she needed to make sure i got home safely. She then tried to follow me upstairs and made it clear i could get what i wanted. I, at age 25 and not picky said NO ****ING WAY because i was so scared she would never ever leave.

I called my friend the next day and he told me he thought she was a bit pushy but he had never really spoke to her before until she overheard that he couldn't meet his friend so he sent her to see me. I remember ranting to the point that my friend was actually mad at me.

That's my worst. My best? I met my wife for drinks after meeting on a message board. I go to meet her in front of this place and was thinking, WOW that girl is hot. I wish that was the girl waiting for me (She was standing with another girl who turns out was just waiting with her to kill time). So i said **** IT, i'm gonna get this girls number, walk up to her, and she's my date.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: