Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: What is the easiest Olympic sport?

Quote Originally Posted by Raz
    $$$

And if the horse sucks and you lose, sell him for meat and glue
    An Olympic level horse is worth more than your house.

Yes, playing ping-pong or shooting a pistol or a bow and arrow are easy to do. The question is how many people can become Olympic caliber at it. The OP should move to a country with a very tiny population and then begin training at something.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    An Olympic level horse is worth more than your house.
    This. So if OP is ridiculously rich, he might have a chance.

Judo.

I spent 20 minutes watching this f*cking sport, I still don't know how anyone scores a point. Basically just hold onto your opponents robe and you're fine. You might even escape with a win.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

How hard is sailing?

Also didn't Geena Davis pick up archery pretty quickly and almost make the Olympics?

Learn to push and jump into the thing. You just have to sit better than the other guys

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Judo.

I spent 20 minutes watching this f*cking sport, I still don't know how anyone scores a point. Basically just hold onto your opponents robe and you're fine. You might even escape with a win.

Judo is awesome. I took a judo class in college. It's just the same thing as real wrestling with slightly different rules, and different core moves.

But my vote for easiest olympic sport is curling. Its ice bocce ball. You can practically play it while holding a drink in your hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    How hard is sailing?

Also didn't Geena Davis pick up archery pretty quickly and almost make the Olympics?
    Yes, because she probably has hand-eye coordination and muscle memory that's in the top .01 percent of the population.

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik

Learn to push and jump into the thing. You just have to sit better than the other guys

So is the question, how easy is to learn? Or how easy is it to be Olympic caliber? Because bobsled is actually much harder to learn than the 100 m dash which is just straight running. This is running and jumping into a sled.

Judo.

Of course, if you went up against an Olympian that strategy would find you flipped on your ass several times.

Judo.

It's fairly straightforward. Throwing your opponent on their back or submitting your opponent on their back is an instant win (ippon). You perform either of these actions to a lesser extent you can score a wasari (essentially a half ippon), or a yuko (the smallest score).

If no one wins the game within the time limit they look at points scored. If a tie they continue to fight sudden death to first point scored. If still a draw judges decide.

That's the basic gist of it.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    So is the question, how easy is to learn? Or how easy is it to be Olympic caliber? Because bobsled is actually much harder to learn than the 100 m dash which is just straight running. This is running and jumping into a sled.
    The actions you need to perform are harder, but the talent pool is much smaller.

Any somewhat competitive sprinter in the world could hook up with an above average bobsled racer and become title favorites. The problem is that the truly great sprinters come from countries where no one knows how to steer a bobsled, and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    It's fairly straightforward. Throwing your opponent on their back or submitting your opponent on their back is an instant win (ippon). You perform either of these actions to a lesser extent you can score a wasari (essentially a half ippon), or a yuko (the smallest score).

If no one wins the game within the time limit they look at points scored. If a tie they continue to fight sudden death to first point scored. If still a draw judges decide.

That's the basic gist of it.
    I realize its not easy, I was being a d!ck.

But yeah, every time I watch, it seems that its always 0-0 for so damn long, and when they do get a point, I never really got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    How hard is sailing?
    Well if you get in a class that has two per boat ie the 49er class, where the other guy is very competent in handling tactics, seamanship and all things nautical then, as long as you know the complete sailing drills like being lead spinnaker man or lead tacker then you maybe in with a shout.

On your own, unless you've sailed your entire life practically impossible, in fact probably one of the hardest sports.

A GB athlete in Athens won gold in rowing then got bored and took up track cycling and won gold in Beijing. So it is possible to pick up a sport to Olympic level in 4yrs

Banned

Handball

Team sport for retards that requires hardly any skill

Also horse dressage seems pretty weak. They just go into a square and trot around slowly, then tip their hat and get scored by judges. Lame.