Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 12-20-2010, 06:46 PM   #1
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation
Default Game 27: Bobcats @ Wizards 12/20/10 7pm

I'm afraid to watch.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 07:05 PM   #2
acidbasesalt
Coward Saviour

acidbasesalt has decent reputationacidbasesalt has decent reputation
Default Re: Game 27: Bobcats @ Wizards 12/20/10 7pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
I'm afraid to watch.

just lower your expectation and you'll be fine.
acidbasesalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:50 PM   #3
acidbasesalt
Coward Saviour

acidbasesalt has decent reputationacidbasesalt has decent reputation

I'm fed up with this kind of garbage performance nearly every game. Losing is no big deal but a loss to a team in the bottom of the conference by 20 points is just garbage. period.

Fire Larry Brown. All of his plays have been decrypted by the opposing team. Nothing is working. He's in this league for too long and every coach knows him TOO DAMN WELL.

I mean, just look at the turnovers. They don't happen out of randomness. A lot of times the defenders were staring at the ball handler to witness a basketball giveaway.

Too many useless screens and ineffective post-ups. Jackson can't post-up anymore because he's always double teamed. Why? because of weak 3pt shooting. Augustin can't get open looks for himself. Diaw tosses bricks nowadays. Mcguire...wtf no range from anywhere...I don't know why he's playing when this team's weakness is offense not defense.

Gosh I don't mind trading for Jose Calderon...Diaw just plain sucks and Augustin can't run offense. Those high assist numbers were mostly luck. Remember only the last passer gets an assist, not the passers leading to a scored basket, unlike hockey.
acidbasesalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 09:42 PM   #4
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidbasesalt
I'm fed up with this kind of garbage performance nearly every game. Losing is no big deal but a loss to a team in the bottom of the conference by 20 points is just garbage. period.

Fire Larry Brown. All of his plays have been decrypted by the opposing team. Nothing is working. He's in this league for too long and every coach knows him TOO DAMN WELL.

I mean, just look at the turnovers. They don't happen out of randomness. A lot of times the defenders were staring at the ball handler to witness a basketball giveaway.

Too many useless screens and ineffective post-ups. Jackson can't post-up anymore because he's always double teamed. Why? because of weak 3pt shooting. Augustin can't get open looks for himself. Diaw tosses bricks nowadays. Mcguire...wtf no range from anywhere...I don't know why he's playing when this team's weakness is offense not defense.

Gosh I don't mind trading for Jose Calderon...Diaw just plain sucks and Augustin can't run offense. Those high assist numbers were mostly luck. Remember only the last passer gets an assist, not the passers leading to a scored basket, unlike hockey.

Just lower your expectation and you'll be fine.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:51 PM   #5
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Ok so all expectations aside....I feel like this is the same team we saw in its first year of existence (and subsequently every year since then sans last year). There's no real leader, and no one on this team is even good. Just a bunch of below average role players.

So we suck...not like its the first time.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 08:08 AM   #6
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
Ok so all expectations aside....I feel like this is the same team we saw in its first year of existence (and subsequently every year since then sans last year). There's no real leader, and no one on this team is even good. Just a bunch of below average role players.

So we suck...not like its the first time.

Except even in the first few seasons the players played hard. They just don't care anymore.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 09:29 AM   #7
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

From rufusonfire.com:

Quote:
-- Dominic McGuire (sigh), it should be noted, is probably not a bad guy. He's a professional athlete who I've never met, and about whom I've read very little that sheds light on him as a person. That said, what I have read indicates he's probably a pretty cool dude, a hard worker, and easily coachable. However, that doesn't change that he's barely an NBA-caliber basketball player. McGuire (sigh) got the start and played 21 minutes, shooting 0-2, getting 6 rebounds, and blocking a shot. The 0-2 is fine by me, because it means he wasn't shooting. But unless he was playing fantastic defense (wouldn't bet on that, given the score), it's unlikely McGuire (sigh) produced more than Derrick Brown and his 3-4 shooting and 4 rebounds (and 3 turnovers), or more than Tyrus Thomas and his 5-7 shooting and 4 rebounds. McGuire (sigh) has become emblematic of Larry Brown's shortcomings. I fully admit that bringing this up all the time probably comes off as unfair to McGuire (sigh), but understand that it's a criticism of management putting him and his teammates into position to fail, and it happened once again tonight, in D.C.

Old 12-21-2010, 10:42 AM   #8
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Except even in the first few seasons the players played hard. They just don't care anymore.

What would it take for our guys to begin caring again?
Old 12-21-2010, 10:50 AM   #9
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
What would it take for our guys to begin caring again?

I'd hate to say it but I think LB needs to go and we need a complete roster shake up.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: