Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast
    Go Spurs Go

Default Will Smith is one villain role away from going down as a top 5 actor ALL TIME

He's done it all.. rap, hit sitcom, comedies, thrillers, suspense, heros... all he needs is that "denzel in training day" role and he goes down top 5 actor all time... up there with John Wayne, Marlon Brando, Tom Hanks, etc.

And he's still very young.. imagine how many more great movies this cat can pump out before all is said and done.

Will Smith

LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Default Re: Will Smith is one villain role away from going down as a top 5 actor ALL TIME

Will Smith is the man.

Default Re: Will Smith is one villain role away from going down as a top 5 actor ALL TIME

WTF. Every Will Smith movie sucks.

Is this a joke?

Brando has been brilliant in more than 1 film.

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

I'm a huge fan of Will Smith's but there is no way he's a top 5 best actor of all time... not even close to being in the top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by gencbiba
    Uhh... Marlon Brando is top 5? Based on one role? No thanks. Will Smith is not top 5 either.
    On the Water Front, Streetcar, Godfather, The Last Tango in Paris, I could go on. Brando is easily top 5 dead or alive. Will would have to get 4 straight academy nods before he could think about getting on the Brando level.

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

Actually, I mean it's cool if he's in your top five favorite actors. I don't think there is a "greatest actor" or "greatest movie" it just comes down to different tastes.

My personal top five favorite actors...

1.) Robert De Niro
    2.) Jack Nicholson
    3.) Tom Hanks
    4.) Kevin Spacey
    5.) Clint Eastwood

College star

top 5 based on what, films overhyped?

first lets NOT count i am legend, the book is 10x what the movie WANTED to be

lets forget that i,robot existed because it's a walking advertisement

and while we're at it, hancock isn't a hero, he's an alcoholic. Is anyone's alcoholic relative a hero or a zero to you and your family?

BUT to be fair, i WILL give him Enemy of the State and Hitch as some of his better works, I actually believed his character in those films, ID4 is a stretch for me

will smith will never play a villain, he's got too much "kid" left in him to do it

now matt damon isn't top 5 either, but he could play a villain.

Best poster ever High Potential's Avatar

Actors greater than Will Smith
    Marlon Brandon
    Laurence Olivier
    Harrison Ford
    Al Pacino
    Robert Deniro
    Matt Damon
    Edward Norton
    Christian Bale
    Tom Hanks
    Gary Oldman
    Steve McQueen
    Anthony Hopkins
    Charlie Chaplin
    Peter Sellers
    John Malkovich
    Jeremy Irons
    Meryl Streep
    Johnny Depp
    Michael Caine
    Tom Cruise
    Nicholas Cage
    Daniel Day Lewis

All actors who will be remembered as better than Will Smith.

Will Smith compares more to Arnold Schwartzennegar, he is not so much an actor as he is naturally charismatic.

owwwww

Will Smith has yet to make ONE great movie.

Uhh... Marlon Brando is top 5? Based on one role? No thanks.
    are you serious

Also Will Smith could never be a good villain because the audience would always root for him over whoever the hero is. If they turned him into a bad guy who raped and killed babies or something, to force the audience to hate him, no one would buy it. Will Smith will never be an effective villain.

Arnold ..get down now!!

top 5 in no order

Jonah Hill
    Seth Rogen
    Will Ferrell
    Owen Wilson
    Homer Simpson

Meh. I don't like Brando 'cause he was a pompous ass. Thought he was too good for the movie industry and decided to demand large amounts of money. That's the reason I don't respect him.

And has anyone even seen more than 5-7 Marlon Brando movies? There are some of you guys around here, but I bet a lot of you are just basing his acting career on Godfather.

Hell, look at this sh!t.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja-Ik...eature=related

It's all opinion, but I don't consider Marlo top 5. Top 10 maybe...
    Why did you post a video by a crazy Brokeback Mountain fan claiming Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal as the top 2 actors of all time?

Also how can you fault Brando for asking for a ton of money to star in movies? Harrison Ford and Will smith do the exact same thing!!!

Here's a list of 100 actors better than Will Smith:

Edward Norton
    Harrison Ford
    Charlie Chaplin
    Toshir