Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 05-07-2018, 01:32 PM   #16
BlakFrankWhite
ISH Thunder GM

Default Re: Grading your teams draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
I'd give the Steelers a B-/C+.

I think they reached on Terrell Edmunds in round 1 but I understand what they're aiming for with the freak athlete saftey/linebacker hybrid. James Washington & Mason Rudolph seem like really good values in round 2/3 and maybe we can finally have a competent young QB to be the Ben's apprentice. Plus, another 3rd rounder to draft a RT and add OL depth is a plus. After that it was most adding depth to positions where we've previously been bitten by the injury bug.

I think it was a fine draft but the middle of our defense is still looking pretty weak with the Shazier injury and no clear plan on how to address that gap.

the only two good picks were Washington and Jaylen Samuels.
BlakFrankWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 08:19 PM   #17
qrich
King Heno

Loved what the Pack did, just wish they would've addressed the rushing issue. The personnel just wasn't there.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 08:12 PM   #18
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakFrankWhite
the only two good picks were Washington and Jaylen Samuels.

You see Ben's comments about Mason Rudolph being drafted? That dude is such a petty bitch. I know he will be hard to replace but I really hate have to root for Big Ben.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 02:12 PM   #19
Charlie Sheen
National High School Star

Quote:
You see Ben's comments about Mason Rudolph being drafted? That dude is such a petty bitch. I know he will be hard to replace but I really hate have to root for Big Ben.
His comments would have been on the money if you ignore the whole retirement talk from the last couple of seasons. Mason Rudolph reinvigorated ben's love for the game. haha
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 09:47 PM   #20
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
His comments would have been on the money if you ignore the whole retirement talk from the last couple of seasons. Mason Rudolph reinvigorated ben's love for the game. haha

Lol for real. For 2 straight years Ben acts like he might retire at any moment but the second we draft a QB in the 3rd ****ing round he can't believe it. I'm so sick of this dude. I honestly blame a lot of our inability to get over the hump on him because he's a terrible leader.
Old 05-12-2018, 05:43 AM   #21
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

Big Ben totally sounded like a bitch. Just makes you wonder his retirement talk was all a ploy to get more money? Steelers were like oh yeah? You serious about retiring? OK go retire, we can start looking for your replacement

I would have preferred Giants looking for Eli's replacement. But I guess they didn't like the QBs enough. Maybe they feel like they owed Eli after they embarrassed him last year??? (benched for Geno Smith)
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 09:01 AM   #22
Nanners
hugh mungus what?

Quote:
Lol for real. For 2 straight years Ben acts like he might retire at any moment but the second we draft a QB in the 3rd ****ing round he can't believe it. I'm so sick of this dude. I honestly blame a lot of our inability to get over the hump on him because he's a terrible leader.

Wait are you saying you think the Steelers should have got more than the 2 superbowls that Ben won as yinz QB? Ben might be a rapist douche bag and shitty leader, but if anything he has probably overachieved. For most of Bens career, the Steelers were batting titans like Belichick/Brady and Mannings Colts for the AFC championship. While the Steelers had some nasty defenses during some of those years, the top of the AFC has been brutal for virtually all of Bens career.

Also lets not forget that the 06 superbowl was one of the most obviously rigged NFL games of the 21st century. I dont really think any steeler fan should be complaining about being unable to "get over the hump" when the NFL basically gifted them a championship.

Last edited by Nanners : 05-12-2018 at 09:07 AM.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 10:27 AM   #23
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
Wait are you saying you think the Steelers should have got more than the 2 superbowls that Ben won as yinz QB? Ben might be a rapist douche bag and shitty leader, but if anything he has probably overachieved. For most of Bens career, the Steelers were batting titans like Belichick/Brady and Mannings Colts for the AFC championship. While the Steelers had some nasty defenses during some of those years, the top of the AFC has been brutal for virtually all of Bens career.

Also lets not forget that the 06 superbowl was one of the most obviously rigged NFL games of the 21st century. I dont really think any steeler fan should be complaining about being unable to "get over the hump" when the NFL basically gifted them a championship.

No, I'm only referencing the last few years when we have had the leagues most talented offense but haven't gotten past NE. I should have been more clear since obvious 2 rings and 3 SB appearances is nothing to criticize. I just think Ben has been a really poor leader since the old guard left and it shows in our teams performance in big games.
Old 05-12-2018, 11:21 AM   #24
Nanners
hugh mungus what?

Quote:
No, I'm only referencing the last few years when we have had the leagues most talented offense but haven't gotten past NE. I should have been more clear since obvious 2 rings and 3 SB appearances is nothing to criticize. I just think Ben has been a really poor leader since the old guard left and it shows in our teams performance in big games.

Well dont be too hard on yinzselves, virtually nobody has made it past NE in recent years, and no AFC team should be beating themselves up over that. Also while the Steelers offense has been insane for the past few years, the defense has not, and as a Steeler fan you must know that defense is where championships come from. When you look back through the list of teams to appear in the SB in recent years, almost every team that made the SB has been helped by an elite defense.

Not only does defense win championships, but defense is at the core of the Steelers identity as a franchise. IMO the Steelers arent going anywhere until they build another elite defense.

Last edited by Nanners : 05-12-2018 at 11:26 AM.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: