Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-27-2011, 10:52 PM   #31
Mirjalovic
Forza Lazio !!!!!!!

Default Re: Gilbert Arenas separates his women on his BBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballerz
What whore would be stupid enough to bang a washed up nba player like arenas?
Gilbert still had a massive contract
Mirjalovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:13 PM   #32
AMISTILLILL
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
Yes, they will.

Gilbert has the personality/charisma to crossover into a career outside of playing basketball. I love the fact he doesnt take himself overly serious and is willing to be open to his "fans" like a regular guy. Keep in mind he does this with his "fans", just had to make that clear.

Gilbert = That eccentric friend most of us have in our lives.

If you dont find his "act" to be funny. That is your opinion, however considering nobody even asked you your opinion about the situation and you've taken multiple posts to criticize Gilbert and anyone who finds him "funny". I suggest you just shut the **** up, and exit the thread.

Jesus, are you still emotional from that Knicks thread last week? Scale it back a couple notches, Cochise.

Are you Arenas' PR director or something? Why have you taken such an invested interest in defending the guys off-court antics? People are merely offering their opinions here, chiming in on his foolish behavior, while you've apparently taken it upon yourself to play some curious white knight role for the guy. Are you a Euro, or just ridiculously young? How many "larger than life" personalities in the NBA need to get old and fade into oblivion for you to realize somebody like Arenas isn't exactly some anomalous, one-off phenomenon? Do you still think Rodman is a zany, edgy character too? That sure translated well post-NBA. At the stubborn rate Arenas is going, bump this thread in 3 years and we'll see if any Marbury/Arenas comparisons are that outlandish anymore.

Arenas is a shell of the player he once was who argues with his coaches, pulls high school senior caliber pranks (shitting in someones shoes... LOL laugh riot, amirite!?) and gets pushed out of franchises he was once the face of due to irresponsible, criminal behavior. I apologize if I don't find that laundry list of achievements terribly guffaw inducing. Maybe among the bourgeois "Jackass" and "Family Guy" viewing crowd that stuff is a real riot.

Since my opinions hit you so hard I can't help but wonder why you aren't calling out the posters who made similar remarks. Correct me if I'm wrong but this thread is rife with posters criticizing Gilbert's behavior, facepalming him and claiming his behavior is both irresponsible and juvenile. Should I expect this sort of personalized behavior from you in future threads, or is this a limited time only sort of thing? Flattering, really.

Where, exactly, did I advise someone on how to "live their life"? If you're referencing my comment about him getting his act together, that's a bit of a stretch, wouldn't you say? The guy has fallen off dramatically in less than three or four years and can hardly get burn on a team with the likes of Jameer Nelson starting at the 1. Conjecturing that he should perhaps concentrate on becoming an effective player again, instead of doing... whatever it is he does now, is not necessarily a preposterous thought.

But, by all means, he "brings the LOLs" so who cares if he plays like a corpse, right?
AMISTILLILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:16 PM   #33
knicksman
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:

well hes still paid like a superstar
knicksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:29 PM   #34
iamgine

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
Jesus, are you still emotional from that Knicks thread last week? Scale it back a couple notches, Cochise.

Are you Arenas' PR director or something? Why have you taken such an invested interest in defending the guys off-court antics? People are merely offering their opinions here, chiming in on his foolish behavior, while you've apparently taken it upon yourself to play some curious white knight role for the guy. Are you a Euro, or just ridiculously young? How many "larger than life" personalities in the NBA need to get old and fade into oblivion for you to realize somebody like Arenas isn't exactly some anomalous, one-off phenomenon? Do you still think Rodman is a zany, edgy character too? That sure translated well post-NBA. At the stubborn rate Arenas is going, bump this thread in 3 years and we'll see if any Marbury/Arenas comparisons are that outlandish anymore.

Arenas is a shell of the player he once was who argues with his coaches, pulls high school senior caliber pranks (shitting in someones shoes... LOL laugh riot, amirite!?) and gets pushed out of franchises he was once the face of due to irresponsible, criminal behavior. I apologize if I don't find that laundry list of achievements terribly guffaw inducing. Maybe among the bourgeois "Jackass" and "Family Guy" viewing crowd that stuff is a real riot.

Since my opinions hit you so hard I can't help but wonder why you aren't calling out the posters who made similar remarks. Correct me if I'm wrong but this thread is rife with posters criticizing Gilbert's behavior, facepalming him and claiming his behavior is both irresponsible and juvenile. Should I expect this sort of personalized behavior from you in future threads, or is this a limited time only sort of thing? Flattering, really.

Where, exactly, did I advise someone on how to "live their life"? If you're referencing my comment about him getting his act together, that's a bit of a stretch, wouldn't you say? The guy has fallen off dramatically in less than three or four years and can hardly get burn on a team with the likes of Jameer Nelson starting at the 1. Conjecturing that he should perhaps concentrate on becoming an effective player again, instead of doing... whatever it is he does now, is not necessarily a preposterous thought.

But, by all means, he "brings the LOLs" so who cares if he plays like a corpse, right?
Can I answer that part? Because only you would would care so much to take the bait and make a long ass reply.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:31 PM   #35
AMISTILLILL
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgine
Can I answer that part? Because only you would would care so much to take the bait and make a long ass reply.

Yep, only me.
AMISTILLILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:33 PM   #36
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
All whores are stupid.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:40 PM   #37
ballerz
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
All whores are stupid.
touché
ballerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:18 AM   #38
PowerGlove
By Any Means

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
Maybe some people would, but certainly not adults who don't approach life like it's a rap video.

Not everybody buys into the "girls is bitches, get laid 24/7" mentality that a lot of NBA players (or posters on this board, even) seem to embrace.
@ this bullshit
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:55 AM   #39
Stuckey
ifirtworld

sad that he needs to brag about it

does this nikka have kids? he's a grown ass man acting like he some highschool kid addicted to attention from strangers
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:09 AM   #40
Jameerthefear
Paid shill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
So much in this thread
Well, its kind of annoying for Magic fans to see this. All it looks like he is doing is screwing around instead of trying to get back in shape.
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:11 AM   #41
Jameerthefear
Paid shill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
Yes, they will.

Gilbert has the personality/charisma to crossover into a career outside of playing basketball. I love the fact he doesnt take himself overly serious and is willing to be open to his "fans" like a regular guy. Keep in mind he does this with his "fans", just had to make that clear.

Gilbert = That eccentric friend most of us have in our lives.

If you dont find his "act" to be funny. That is your opinion, however considering nobody even asked you your opinion about the situation and you've taken multiple posts to criticize Gilbert and anyone who finds him "funny". I suggest you just shut the **** up, and exit the thread.
You wouldn't be laughing if he played for the Knicks
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:13 AM   #42
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan ® 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batz
Just keepin' it real.
Yes, real immature. Which in turn is Gilbert being Gilbert.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:21 AM   #43
PowerGlove
By Any Means

I find that the majority of mad people are being real hypocritical. OMG Gilbert is being demeaning to women over the internet!!!

A)People do the same shit here, rating females from 1-10, even giving detailed break downs and asking for pics from different angles.

B)He didnt reveal anyone's identity unlike those pics of women who we dont know, yet judge so vigorously

C) We dont even know if those numbers were women, cant believe people are getting mad over a joke.

Its like gilbert is supposed to eat sleep and live in the gym, anything twitter related will be bashed here to the fullest extent.
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:23 AM   #44
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan ® 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerGlove
I find that the majority of mad people are being real hypocritical. OMG Gilbert is being demeaning to women over the internet!!!

A)People do the same shit here, rating females from 1-10, even giving detailed break downs and asking for pics from different angles.

B)He didnt reveal anyone's identity unlike those pics of women who we dont know, yet judge so vigorously

C) We dont even know if those numbers were women, cant believe people are getting mad over a joke.

Its like gilbert is supposed to eat sleep and live in the gym, anything twitter related will be bashed here to the fullest extent.
Whether it's a list, or photos or a rating system I generally find them immature. Then again, I am Meticode.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:21 AM   #45
get these NETS
you can't stop me

Arenas had fallen out of the spotlight years ago.. hadn't seen him ina while

then the scandal broke about shaq banging Gil's fiancee and I swear they showed Arenas' face and he looked about 7 years older

betrayal and humiliation hurt him like it would any other dude ....

this "joke" is just the result of that..

and ,yep, seems very high school-ish..
get these NETS is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: