Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Default Re: Gasol for Dwight, Bynum for Rondo

Quote Originally Posted by REACTION
    These "trade rumors" are obviously not going to happen, but lets not act like Gasol and Bynum aren't valuable trade pieces.
    Valuable, yes. Rondo/Howard valuable, not by a f**king long shot.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    All stats indicate Bynum is better than Rondo or at least comparable.
    Gasol is the best player the Magic can get back in a deal for Howard at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    15 10ast 5 on 50%
    16 1 13reb on 55%

One is a franchise player but one is not? And Bynum clearly has the higher ceiling and those stats are clearly better anyways
    lol, please stop this insanity. These threads where Lakers fans fill their team's deficiencies with high-quality pieces while giving up the stuff they don't want on the team anymore have been going on for too long now.

Banned

lol, please stop this insanity. These threads where Lakers fans fill their team's deficiencies with high-quality pieces while giving up the stuff they don't want on the team anymore have been going on for too long now.
    Just tell me why 16 pts 13 reb on 55% is RIDICULOUS, LOL WORTHY to be compared to 15 pts 10 ast on 50%?

Lakers get substantially better pretty much losing, uh...nothing? Dwight/Rondo >>>> Gasol/Bynum and it's not even close. No way the Celtics (of all teams) help LA do this.

This rumor has no legs.

All stats indicate Bynum is better than Rondo or at least comparable.
    Gasol is the best player the Magic can get back in a deal for Howard at this time.
    Shove your stats. They're utterly useless. Stats don't measure the stuff that actually matters when a guy moves from one style of playing the game to a completely different one.

There's no way to use a stat to gauge how effective Rondo is with a ballhog like Kobe Bryant popping 20+ shots a night, just as there's no way to gauge how effective Bynum will be in a system with the Big Three, who will ALSO be forced to adjust their games to not having Rondo around running the show. Its not as simple as "Bynum's stats are better, therefore he's better than Rondo, therefore this trade makes sense for everyone." You know this but you're persisting on arguing it anyway cos, again, the Lakers get marginally better than everyone else.

Magic Johnson

Is your source Megan Fox?

Banned

Shove your stats. They're utterly useless. Stats don't measure the stuff that actually matters when a guy moves from one style of playing the game to a completely different one.

There's no way to use a stat to gauge how effective Rondo is with a ballhog like Kobe Bryant popping 20+ shots a night, just as there's no way to gauge how effective Bynum will be in a system with the Big Three, who will ALSO be forced to adjust their games to not having Rondo around running the show. Its not as simple as "Bynum's stats are better, therefore he's better than Rondo, therefore this trade makes sense for everyone." You know this but you're persisting on arguing it anyway cos, again, the Lakers get marginally better than everyone else.
    I'm not saying Bynum is better, I'm saying that its close enough to where the question becomes what more does the team need. I don't believe Rondo has a higher ceiling than bynum, so if you're rebuilding you most certainly take BYnum over Rondo. Since the big 3 aren't as good anymore, you don't need a passing PG anymore than you need just pure scoring and defense. Pierce can be a point forward and Bynum is doubled down low every time so he will free up shots for KG and Allen in the same way that rondo did by penetrating. So you take bynum in either case of trying to win now or win later.

I'm just being honest, screw the trade. If I'm a celtics fan, there is no way Bynum would bring less to that team than Rondo does for this year and for future years.

Banned

I'm not saying Bynum is better, I'm saying that its close enough to where the question becomes what more does the team need. I don't believe Rondo has a higher ceiling than bynum, so if you're rebuilding you most certainly take BYnum over Rondo. Since the big 3 aren't as good anymore, you don't need a passing PG anymore than you need just pure scoring and defense. Pierce can be a point forward and Bynum is doubled down low every time so he will free up shots for KG and Allen in the same way that rondo did by penetrating. So you take bynum in either case of trying to win now or win later.

I'm just being honest, screw the trade. If I'm a celtics fan, there is no way Bynum would bring less to that team than Rondo does for this year and for future years.
    Agree.

I heard they're going to trade Derek Fisher for Derrick Rose and Matt Barnes for Lebron James >_>

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gevz2kX
    I heard they're going to trade Derek Fisher for Derrick Rose and Matt Barnes for Lebron James >_>
    Implying Barnes is to LeBron as Bynum is to Rondo?

Banned

Are you all prepared? It's a' commin. My source is telling me that there's already a ton of activity and buzz going on amongst GMs before the All-Star weekend is even finished.

Look for Rondo, Kobe and Dwight to be leading the purple and gold into the playoffs very soon.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DFish
    Are you all prepared? It's a' commin. My source is telling me that there's already a ton of activity and buzz going on amongst GMs before the All-Star weekend is even finished.

Look for Rondo, Kobe and Dwight to be leading the purple and gold into the playoffs very soon.

lol ok....and then what get beasley for the tpe?

rondo
    Kobe
    Barnes
    Beasy
    Howard

hahaa

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DFish

If you end up being right about this then automatic mod for life status

For the record my source seems to dismiss this completely.