Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: Season of the tank!-2013-14 regular season

When will the Jazz get their first win? Houston is a tall order, even at home. The Jazz play at Brooklyn on Tuesday. Boston is beatable but maybe not on the second night of an East Coast back-to-back. Then there's Chicago and Toronto back-to-back. I don't know. You tell me.
    Should expect to beat Boston at the very least.

The Jazz can match any offer he receives from another team. Remember when Paul Millsap signed the offer sheet with Portland that everybody labeled "toxic" and wondered how the Jazz could match it? By the end of deal, it was a bargain.
    Matthews and Mo would have been too!

[QUOTE]The Jazz will have plenty of money to pay Hayward, and maybe it

"I wish it could have happened," Hayward said. "[But] this in no way changes the way I feel about Utah at all. I love being here, love playing for them."

Jazz general manager Dennis Lindsey said, "Time and circumstances dictated that this deal will get done at a later date," adding that Hayward "will be a leader of our team for a long time."

"He

[QUOTE]Many times as the Utah Jazz scrimmaged over the last three years, it had been his job to coach the team

Rockets at Jazz

Saturday, 7 p.m.
    TV

[QUOTE]Much of Jazz nation spent Halloween with one eye on the candy bowl and the other eye on Twitter, hoping news would surface on the 10 p.m. MDT deadline for the Jazz to extend Gordon Hayward

[QUOTE]Again, it

Rudy Gobert: I played like a b*tch today, tomorrow is another day Twitter @rudygobert15
    His new BFF Ian Clark teach him this? LOL!

Jody Genessy: John Lucas III just earned some fans in Phoenix. Suns T-shirt failed to launch properly into crowd. He searched and threw it to a young fan. Twitter @DJJazzyJody

[QUOTE]It was obvious from the start that without Al Jefferson and Paul Millsap, this team had adapted a new style of offense that ran through Derrick Favors, who scored or assisted on each of the Jazz

Hornacek used 12 of his 13 players.
    Sloan like rotation.

[QUOTE] In 2nd half of games this year the Jazz are shooting 38.9% and 4 of 31 from three.

The Jazz young players are still developing and the process is dominating a sequence of plays, then dominate a quarter, then a half. Eventually you get a game and maybe a week and at some point it would be great to be dominate for a month. Right now we are seeing the players dominate a half

Posted on November 3, 2013 by David Locke

Here is a collection of finds involving the Jazz with the new Player Tracking Data – Defensive and Movement

DISTANCE

Derrick Favors has run 7.8 miles in 3 games most on the team his average of 2.6 miles is 10th in the NBA.

Gordon Hayward is second on the Jazz averaging 2.5 miles run per game

John Lucas averages 2.4 and Enes Kanter averges 2.3 miles a game

TOUCHES AND POSSESSIONS

Derrick Favors leads the NBA (non point guards) in touches at 83.3 a game though only 38.3 of those are front court touches.

Favors 9 close touches (within 12 feet) per game are the most in the NBA by a sizeable amount, next is Marc Gasol at 7.3

Enes Kanter is getting 6 close touches a game 13th in the NBA

Enes Kanter leads the Jazz at .6 pts per front court touch – this rewards not passing of course. He is the only Jazz player in the top 100 of pts per front court touch

DEFENSIVE IMPACT

This is defined as the defender being within 5 feet of the basket and within 5 feet of the player taking the shot

Best in the league are Asik allowing 21%, Kaman 21% and Hibbert 21%

On average Derrick Favors defends 8.3 shots per night at the rim and teams are shooting 53%

On average Enes Kanter defends 7.3 shots per night at the rim and teams are shooting 50%’

Note Paul Millsap is allowing 63% and Carlos Boozer 64%
    I'm still not convinced Favors is a better defender than Kanter either. Better help defender.

If the filter becomes only 3 FGA at rim per game Gordon Hayward is the best in the NBA at 11.0% 1 for 9

When Rudy Gobert is within 5 feet of rim and 5 feet of player taking the shot teams are 2 for 10

REBOUNDING

Of players getting 5 rebounds a game Gordon Hayward leads the NBA in % of rebounds per chance. A chance is defined as times a player is within 3.5 feet of a rebound. Hayward has grabbed 19 of the 22 rebounds he has had a chance to get.

Only 26% of Hayward’s rebounds have been contested

Derrick Favors is getting 54% of his rebound chances and 37.5% of his rebounds are contested

Enes Kanter is getting 54% of his rebound chances and 53% of his rebounds are contested

Posted in Stat Check

STAT CHECK

Off the bench, Lucas played his best game of the season. He finished with nine points on 5-for-11 shooting after going 4-for-17 in losses to Oklahoma City and Phoenix.

"I’m fine," he said. "I’m a basketball player. Whether I start or come off the bench, I’m going to give it everything I have every night. That’s just my mentality."
    Why wouldn't he be fine? He's happy to have a guaranteed contract to be in the league. He should be at the end of a bench at best not in a rotation.

Jamaal Tinsley started in place of Lucas, although he ended up playing only 14 minutes.

Asked about the change in line-ups, Corbin said, "I thought it worked well for us in the first half. I thought Jamaal came in and was organized. He knew where he wanted to go. And Lucas came in and created pace with the second group. … In the second half, it wasn’t the same. We can’t afford to have that."