Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-13-2006, 11:41 AM   #1
netdoc
High School Varsity 6th Man

netdoc has an OK reputation so far
Default Lakers new lineup.....

It appears that Mitch is done dealing:

Smush
Bryant
Odom
Radman
Brown/Mihm

When they need to go big:
Bryant
Odom
Radman
Mihm
Brown

Walton, Cook, Turiaff, Williams, Sasha, Bynum, Evans off the bench

That looks like a 7 or 8 seed lineup.

The masses still say that Phoenix, San Antonio, Dallas are the top 3 teams, however:

Dallas should be unquestionably the best team in the west.
San Antonio has lost their starting center. They have no bench players (Jauque Vaughn? PA-LEASE).
Phoenix - Lost Tim Thomas and have no capable backup for Nash. Plus Amare is struggling in summer league play with his injury. Rick Bucher said he was unimpressed and worried that he cannot return to form.

The Clippers will be better, Memphis and Houston (barring injury to Tracy Mac and Yao) will be better. Denver will struggle to make it to the post season and Minny will be right there. Seattle will NOT make it.

I have it like this:

Dallas
L.A. Clippers
Utah (yes Utah will win that weak division)
Phoenix
San Antonio
Memphis
L.A. Lakers
Sacramento

Houston, Minny and New Orleans rounding out the pack.
netdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 01:07 PM   #2
Lakerfan
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Lakerfan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by netdoc

Smush
Bryant
Odom
Radman
Brown/Mihm

Bryant
Odom
Radman
Mihm
Brown

The masses still say that Phoenix, San Antonio, Dallas are the top 3 teams, however:

Dallas should be unquestionably the best team in the west.
San Antonio has lost their starting center. They have no bench players (Jauque Vaughn? PA-LEASE).
Phoenix - Lost Tim Thomas and have no capable backup for Nash. Plus Amare is struggling in summer league play with his injury. Rick Bucher said he was unimpressed and worried that he cannot return to form.

The Clippers will be better, Memphis and Houston (barring injury to Tracy Mac and Yao) will be better. Denver will struggle to make it to the post season and Minny will be right there. Seattle will NOT make it.

I have it like this:

Dallas
L.A. Clippers
Utah (yes Utah will win that weak division)
Phoenix
San Antonio
Memphis
L.A. Lakers
Sacramento

Houston, Minny and New Orleans rounding out the pack.

Lakers spend over 30 mill and still a 7 seed team? Cupcake strikes again.
Lakerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 07:31 PM   #3
praneel
Stay Strong Droth

praneel has a near all-star reputation herepraneel has a near all-star reputation herepraneel has a near all-star reputation herepraneel has a near all-star reputation herepraneel has a near all-star reputation herepraneel has a near all-star reputation here
Default kupcake is redeaming himself though

i think getting rady was one of the best things he has done, given he hasnt done much, but kudos kupcake. I think lakers can pull up to the 4th or 5th seed. everyone will be more experienced in the triangle, we got a backup 2 guard, kwame is ballin, odom was tearin up marion, one of the better defenders in the league. watch out baby the lakers are gonna make a big splash this coming year.
praneel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 04:56 PM   #4
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Smush
Bryant
Odom
Radman
Brown/Mihm

Bryant
Odom
Radman
Mihm
Brown

Yes. That's the seed you get when you put Vlad at PF. What made you put him there? You put our best perimeter shooter minus Kobe down low and our best rebounder on the perimeter? It doesn't make any sense. We aren't done dealing and signing yet, either. We still need a solid PG, although I think Marcus Banks could be out of the picture now. All signs are pointing to us trading Mihm, as right now his stock is higher than ever. So I don't think we are done yet, maybe a couple of moves left. You better believe we will do better than 7th or 8th seed. The only possible excuse for that is if you believe Kobe will be out the majority of the season b/c of his knee surgery (correct me if I said the wrong surgery), and I heard he will be out of basketball for like 9 to 12 weeks on another board. 3 or 4 months means October or November, and I think we will still do well even if Kobe doesn't start the season right away.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 05:09 PM   #5
benny blanca
I Hit Open Layups

benny blanca has an OK reputation so far
Default Ol' buddy West

How come no one is looking at Lorenzen wright? Our ol buddy jerry west might be able to help us out with a sign and trade if he requires more than the vet's exception. It seems as though he might be the tweener PF/C we could use off the bench. Jerry could even have his pick of D. George back. My only concern would be his ability to pickup the triangle.
Mitch, give me a call, we'll talk...
benny blanca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 07:16 PM   #6
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakerfan
Lakers spend over 30 mill and still a 7 seed team? Cupcake strikes again.

we still have brian grants contract eating up about 13 mil of cap....considering that its not too bad...grants contract would equate the salary of a superstar player...next year is where will really be contending...
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 08:12 PM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
we still have brian grants contract eating up about 13 mil of cap....considering that its not too bad...grants contract would equate the salary of a superstar player...next year is where will really be contending...

Even in his younger days,

I wonder however Brian Grant got that kinda money
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: