Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Top 50 All-Time List - Shot Clock Era = #24

Quote Originally Posted by SaintzFury13 View Post
    First off, I eventually voted for Elgin once it was pointed out to me by an older fan just how skilled he really was, which was the main basis for my argument.

Second, I never once mentioned that he didn't win an MVP or led in any category. Shit like that doesn't really matter to me as much when discussing that era. Wilt and Russell played in that era. I can understand if Baylor didn't lead in scoring or rebounding at any point and didn't win MVP. That would be kind of difficult with those guys.

Third, that kind of logic isn't going to work here. Every single player is different. Two players who never won titles are going to have done so for different reasons. Elgin Baylor had the team, he had the opportunities, and he simply blew it when the chances were there, over and over again, even with hall of fame teammates. Paul on the other hand wasn't as lucky, and usually when the chances were there, they were squandered by either injury or just straight up bad luck. It usually wasn't his fault. Are there exceptions? Absolutely. I'm not going to sit here and forget about that 3-1 lead that his team blew to the Rockets in 2015. But criticizing Paul at this point for not having a ring is just foolish.

Now with all of that said, Chris Paul is a better player on both ends of the floor on top of being a better playmaker and floor general.

Thomas led the league in assists? Yeah, once. Paul did that shit FOUR TIMES. Paul led the league in assists (steals, my bad) SIX TIMES. Paul has more first team all NBA selections, a shit ton more all defense selections (because, you know, Thomas has 0 of those). Chris Paul has had a longer period of dominance than Thomas. If the rings are the only thing that Thomas has over Paul, then it's pretty obvious at this point who the greater player is.
    Not disagreeing with you.
    But you once (when discussing Wade vs Baylor) said give me a reason to vote Baylor with out bringing up his stats (or inflated stats as you call them) and accolades (in an 8 team league ...)
    Yet, you're using stats and accolades as a reasoning of voting CP3 vs Zeke.
    Just saying be consistent when comparing players

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle View Post
    Not disagreeing with you.
    But you once (when discussing Wade vs Baylor) said give me a reason to vote Baylor with out bringing up his stats (or inflated stats as you call them) and accolades (in an 8 team league ...)
    Yet, you're using stats and accolades as a reasoning of voting CP3 vs Zeke.
    Just saying be consistent when comparing players
    Go through my post and name one instance where I ever used stats.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintzFury13 View Post
    Go through my post and name one instance where I ever used stats.
    Leading the league in assist and steals are stats.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle View Post
    Leading the league in assist and steals are stats.
    Yeah, those are accolades, which I only brought up because you mentioned that Isiah led the league in assists once like that's supposed to matter.