Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 10-08-2010, 02:47 PM   #1
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Left 4 Dead 2: The Sacrifice

So a new DLC came out. It's basically a new short campaign that ends with one of the original survivors sacrificing themselves so the other 3 go on. You meet up with the 3 survivors on the bridge if you have The Passing. They also reboot the No Mercy campaign, just adding everything that was new in L4D2 (chargers,jockeys,melee). You can also get it for L4D but you won't be able to use the additions from L4D2. It's 560 points. I'll let you know how it is when I play it later.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 06:48 PM   #2
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Left 4 Dead 2: The Sacrifice

Let me know how it is. I've been debating to get this or not. Seems like it picks up before the Passing. If you remember one of the survivors was dead in that room near the generator (the old white guy). So I guess this DLC is a campaign leading up to that part? I dont remember No Mercy on L4D campaign. Is that the one with the hospital and you get to the rooftop? Also will they let you play versus on No Mercy? That would be tight, I'm lookin to play on a different map. And last how many levels does No Mercy have? 5?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:25 PM   #3
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

I'm about to play it and yes Bill dies. It's a prequel to The Passing. There's some new short campaign where you make the sacrafice, and then I'm not sure what's different about No Mercy other than the l4d2 additions. But yes No Mercy is the hospital rooftop finale level. And 5 sounds right. There's the rooftop finale, the level right under the roof with the wooden beams and stuff. The part where you have to fight the horde at the elevator in the hospital. And the beginning is when you fight into the sewer. So it's one of the longest campaigns in both games, might be the longest.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:52 AM   #4
clipse026
Local High School Star

This has nothing to do with the DLC but this weeks mutation is fun as hell. Every special infected in Versus is a tank. Pretty much a race to the end.
Old 10-09-2010, 02:16 AM   #5
clipse026
Local High School Star

Well just completed The Sacrifice on normal. It took about 45 minutes. It would definitely be one of the hardest maps campaigns on expert. The bridge finale is pretty cool but it's anticlimactic. After a sacrifice the level just ends. No cinematic or anything, nobody even yells "noo!". Otherwise pretty cool. Checking out No Mercy now.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:58 PM   #6
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I got it and like it. No Mercy campaign is the best one they could have added. Works perfectly with the new infected from L4D2. I have to say the DLC I purchased from Valve ($14 total) you get your money worth.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 02:38 PM   #7
clipse026
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I got it and like it. No Mercy campaign is the best one they could have added. Works perfectly with the new infected from L4D2. I have to say the DLC I purchased from Valve ($14 total) you get your money worth.
Agreed. It was more challenging than the No Mercy in L4D as well. They took away the closet and the stuff on the roof of the room. It made you have to actually move around.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: