Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-01-2012, 02:47 PM   #16
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

rhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Best Asian movie ive seen

Seven Samurai and its not close.
rhythmic †hesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:35 PM   #17
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!

LBJMVP is considered somewhat coolLBJMVP is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
i love oldschool (kung fu/martial arts) moves and new school ones to....

War of the Arrows is great.... if you are only after the newer Asian movies then i highly recommend these:

True Legend
The Raid: Redemption
Shaolin
Chocolate
13 assassins
Ip Man 2
Red Cliff
The Protector
Unleashed
Ong-Bak
Kung Fu Hustle
Azumi

i remember that movie coming out when i was in like 4th grade, and i think it was the commerical with the fighting cow but i knew i had to see it. i dont remember if i thought it was funny or not, but i think i need to give it another try.
LBJMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:36 PM   #18
heyhey
stay mad golden state

heyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

How we talking about Asian films and not one of Wong kar WAIs movie been mentioned?
heyhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:03 PM   #19
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJMVP
i remember that movie coming out when i was in like 4th grade, and i think it was the commerical with the fighting cow but i knew i had to see it. i dont remember if i thought it was funny or not, but i think i need to give it another try.

Are you sure you are not thinking of Kung Pow? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEQn3eXCmvE

Kung Fun Hustle is way better than Kung Pow btw. Kung Pow is quite awful.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:11 PM   #20
zass
Decent playground baller

zass has not been impressing people

zass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:38 PM   #21
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
The best asian movies are always Korean.

#1 is Oldboy
#2 is I Saw The Devil
#3 is The Good, The Bad, & The Weird

^ All amazing movies.
Agreed about Korean movies. They're generally really good. Park Chan Wook is, IMO, one of the best filmmakers in the entire world so he alone elevates Korean cinema.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:31 AM   #22
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Asian Ana! Invasion 3

1 & 2 spent too much time on character development.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:12 PM   #23
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

U f@gs need to watch that Battle Royale jawn.
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:15 PM   #24
D-Wade316
F***

D-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputation

The Big Boss
Fist of Fury
The Way of the Dragon
Enter the Dragon
Game of Death

D-Wade316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:27 PM   #25
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
The best asian movies are always Korean.

#1 is Oldboy
#2 is I Saw The Devil
#3 is The Good, The Bad, & The Weird

^ All amazing movies.
Did you see MOTHER?

My company (Time Warner) is remaking 1 and 2 your list.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:31 PM   #26
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!

LBJMVP is considered somewhat coolLBJMVP is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Are you sure you are not thinking of Kung Pow? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEQn3eXCmvE

Kung Fun Hustle is way better than Kung Pow btw. Kung Pow is quite awful.

yup thats it... i was a little kid when kung pow came out so of course i was drawn to a cow that do martial arts.
LBJMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:35 PM   #27
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Did you see MOTHER?

My company (Time Warner) is remaking 1 and 2 your list.

Yes, that is a very good movie as well. Easily a top 10 foreign movie for me, probably in the 5-7 range.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:38 PM   #28
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Yes, that is a very good movie as well. Easily a top 10 foreign movie for me, probably in the 5-7 range.
i've heard WAR OF THE ARROWS (I think that is the title) is the absolute shit. I downloaded it but have not watched it.

There is also and HBO series based on a Korean movie coming out, it's about a guy who is dying unless he gets blood transfusions every few months, and his rare blood type is only shared by a few others, and this woman agrees to help him IF he helps her out. Turns out she is a con artist, and he winds up protecting her from the mob and bailing her out of all her problems. It's a drama / romantic comedy at times.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:38 PM   #29
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJMVP
yup thats it... i was a little kid when kung pow came out so of course i was drawn to a cow that do martial arts.

I understand.

Kung Fu Hustle actually made a big splash in the United States. Heck, Blazer games still use a clip of it after many years (they show the woman start running like a looney toons character when the opponents get called for traveling. I really liked the movie when it came out, but I feel its entertainment value wore off over time (it is sort of a novelty movie, and novelties often wear off).
Old 03-03-2012, 01:00 PM   #30
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

I watched 13 Assassins last night. It was solid but not great. I enjoyed Red Cliff much more and definitely recommend that one. Watching The Good, The Bad and The Weird now. Seem like some good recommendations in this thread. And luckily half of them are on Netflix so it saves me the trouble of downloading them.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: