Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anyone actually watch Dario Saric?

Link to stats

Stats are solid but without having watched him play. It doesn't tell me how he is progressing, what he is improving, struggling etc

I've seen one highlight video from a game and wasn't exactly floored.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Default Re: Anyone actually watch Dario Saric?

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Link to stats

Stats are solid but without having watched him play. It doesn't tell me how he is progressing, what he is improving, struggling etc

I've seen one highlight video from a game and wasn't exactly floored.
    I haven't seen any EL games this year but the stats that he's putting up in EL are really good. The EL games are much better comp than Turkish league games so for his stats to look that good in EL games is a pretty big deal. I don't think that he'll be a star in the in NBA by any stretch but he can be a very important guy on a good team like Diaw or something (but Diaw is a much better passer than almost anyone). Like a dude every team would love to have but is never going to be a star. The highlight vid looked fine but it's a highlight vid so it should look good.

Cool thanks. The EL, Turkish league etc shit confuses me. And I have no clue the competition level of the EL to even gauge if these stats are even good. But you cleared that up for me.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Cool thanks. The EL, Turkish league etc shit confuses me. And I have no clue the competition level of the EL to even gauge if these stats are even good. But you cleared that up for me.
    Ok, EL teams are good solid teams with usually a few guys who could play bench minutes in the NBA. Not double double guys or starters, but solid players. Good teams that play good basketball. The Turkish league has a few good teams and so does Spanish league Greek league and Russian and Israel. My boy who plays for Maccabi Tel Aviv will play Efes this year I think in EL action and I'll talk to him about Saric and see what he thinks. EL games are essentially the best teams from the best leagues in Europe. So the winner of Euroleague is a good team. They couldn't be in the NBA but they might beat an NBA team 2-3 times out of 10. Last year's Maccabi team that won Euroleague would probably beat the Sixers in a 7 game series. But of course the Sixers have fielded a D league team.

Him always being compared to Diaw, does he actually play like Diaw or is it more intangibles?
    I hear that comparison alot

he reminds me of gallo a lot

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    he reminds me of gallo a lot
    He's not a 3pt threat like Gallo though. I don't really see him as Gallo but I like Gallo. Saric is a better passer/ballhandler and rebounder and Gallo is a better scorer. I don't see the similarities in their game at all. Saric is more like Kukoc than Gallo but still not just like Kukoc.

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    Him always being compared to Diaw, does he actually play like Diaw or is it more intangibles?
    I hear that comparison alot
    Well, there are pretty much no other players who see the game unfold the way that Diaw does so I would say he's not like Diaw. Diaw can make some of the best timed passes you'll ever see. Diaw is a reluctant scorer and Saric will look for his shot a little more ( that's actually good because Diaw is too unselfish). When I said he was like Diaw I didn't mean in the way he played necessarily (although he is a big who can do lots of things) I just meant by what he brings to a team. A guy who isn't the go to guy but a guy who every team wishes they had on their side. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    He's not a 3pt threat like Gallo though. I don't really see him as Gallo but I like Gallo. Saric is a better passer/ballhandler and rebounder and Gallo is a better scorer. I don't see the similarities in their game at all. Saric is more like Kukoc than Gallo but still not just like Kukoc.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM2UW7ofGLM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rhx7wLkvWw4

Gallo is a mad underrated passer and ballhandler, and he has a pretty stroke, but his efficiency isnt one of a knock down shooter. Similar to what i think Saric will be.

neither are really post threats and both bring it defensively. + they are both white, that alone makes the comparison valid

wonder why fans only think of gallo as a 3pt shooter

Well, there are pretty much no other players who see the game unfold the way that Diaw does so I would say he's not like Diaw. Diaw can make some of the best timed passes you'll ever see. Diaw is a reluctant scorer and Saric will look for his shot a little more ( that's actually good because Diaw is too unselfish). When I said he was like Diaw I didn't mean in the way he played necessarily (although he is a big who can do lots of things) I just meant by what he brings to a team. A guy who isn't the go to guy but a guy who every team wishes they had on their side. That's all.
    Ah, OK.
    This wasn't the first time I heard Diaw. I think NBAdraft.net said the same thing

Well, there are pretty much no other players who see the game unfold the way that Diaw does so I would say he's not like Diaw.
    the closest one is Kyle Anderson

damn the Spurs draft well

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM2UW7ofGLM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rhx7wLkvWw4

Gallo is a mad underrated passer and ballhandler, and he has a pretty stroke, but his efficiency isnt one of a knock down shooter. Similar to what i think Saric will be.

neither are really post threats and both bring it defensively. + they are both white, that alone makes the comparison valid

wonder why fans only think of gallo as a 3pt shooter
    I didn't see the part where I said that Gallo was only a 3pt shooter. Maybe you could go back and point that out to me. I did say that Saric isn't a 3pt threat. They are both tall, white forwards who have an all around game but I don't think they're similar apart from that. Saric is a better ball handler and passer. That doesn't mean that Gallo can't do either of those things, it means that Saric is better at that than he is. Gallo is the better scorer but that doesn't mean that Saric can't score, it just means that Gallo is better at that. I'm not sure how you misinterpreted what I wrote to mean "Gallo can only shoot 3s".

What about Hedo Turk? Saric similar to him? And keep me posted when your boy plays saric team.

I didn't see the part where I said that Gallo was only a 3pt shooter. Maybe you could go back and point that out to me. I did say that Saric isn't a 3pt threat. They are both tall, white forwards who have an all around game but I don't think they're similar apart from that. Saric is a better ball handler and passer. That doesn't mean that Gallo can't do either of those things, it means that Saric is better at that than he is. Gallo is the better scorer but that doesn't mean that Saric can't score, it just means that Gallo is better at that. I'm not sure how you misinterpreted what I wrote to mean "Gallo can only shoot 3s".
    is your name fans?

and i wouldnt say Saric nor Gallo is better than the other at either aspect of the game, because Saric still needs to do it against real competition. Just look at the rest of this draft class

you are kidding yourself if you think Saric will be a fulltime ( or close to) point forward averaging 4-5+ apg in the NBA

his handles are far from that good