Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Rondo is and has been the...

Quote Originally Posted by jasonresno
    Has his mid range game picked up? I haven't watched him much this year but last year he was always a roll of the dice from mid range. If he can solidify a jumpshot and hit some ****ing FTs he's got a legit shot at being the best PG in the league.
    He doesn't shoot in high volumes so you can't really say he's a deadly shooter. Most teams should still sag off him unless he starts hitting shots like he did tonight. He will get maybe a couple of midrange shots a game, but they are usually uncontested.

NBA rookie of the year ashbelly's Avatar

How about freethrows ? Does he make them? rondo that is.

Local High School Star

I just checked. He shoots 41% from the line. That is truly a headscratcher. Is he too proud to say: "Hey, Ray. You're the best shooter in the league. How the hell do I shoot FTs?"

Banned

Has his mid range game picked up? I haven't watched him much this year but last year he was always a roll of the dice from mid range. If he can solidify a jumpshot and hit some ****ing FTs he's got a legit shot at being the best PG in the league.
    Yea it has but really it has always been there he just doesn't take a lot of them because he can get into the paint so easily because guys sag off of him so much. But his FT's are a BIG problems he still sucks at that. But if his scoring picks up just a little bit then he will be the best PG in the league to me. Defensively he is in the top 3 if not #1 among PG's and even though he plays with 3 HOF's he still has amazing court vision and basketball IQ because he creates their shots for them all they do is move to their sweet spot and he hits them.

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ashbelly
    How about freethrows ? Does he make them? rondo that is.
    No, he doesn't. He's shooting somewhere in the 40's I think. So all he is good for is passing to ray, kg and pierce.

I just checked. He shoots 41% from the line. That is truly a headscratcher. Is he too proud to say: "Hey, Ray. You're the best shooter in the league. How the hell do I shoot FTs?"
    Shaq is about to retire and never solved it out. Some people are just bad at ft's.

Banned

It's not that easy, guys with huge ****ing hands like his and wide shoulders generally have trouble shooting a basketball

Quote Originally Posted by ballup
    It has happened before if I recalled correctly, maybe twice in Ray's tenure with the Celtics. Still unbelievable.
    I remember the game vs Cle back in 07-08, it was Bos 2nd loss of the season. The game was tied with about 2 secs left or something and Ray miss both FTAs. Boston went on to lose in OT.

does Rod Strickland count?

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by XxSMSxX
    It's not that easy, guys with huge ****ing hands like his and wide shoulders generally have trouble shooting a basketball
    I mean... the man makes millions of dollars a year to do nothing but play basketball. He practices with the best shooter in the NBA in Ray Allen. There's no reason he can't learn to shoot FTs. I promise you it's probably his attitude. He probably doesn't want to change his technique. It's good to be hard nosed and stubborn sometime but he needs to humble himself and hire a damn FT teacher.
    Last edited by jasonresno; 01-05-2011 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    Yea it has but really it has always been there he just doesn't take a lot of them because he can get into the paint so easily because guys sag off of him so much. But his FT's are a BIG problems he still sucks at that. But if his scoring picks up just a little bit then he will be the best PG in the league to me. Defensively he is in the top 3 if not #1 among PG's and even though he plays with 3 HOF's he still has amazing court vision and basketball IQ because he creates their shots for them all they do is move to their sweet spot and he hits them.
    He's had a shot before, but it wasn't in a consistent spot. He used to have a long baseline midrange shot, but that disappeared. Then he had a pull up jumper at long midrange and 3, but that also disappeared. This new one seems like a keeper though.

His free throws are a problem, but can you really complain on how fast his point guard skills have grown?

He does a good job mainly from the elbow but he doesn't take a lot of shots. This year is by far his best shooting year though hitting 45% of his jumpers from 16-23ft. It doesn't really make sense that he is shooting 20% lower then his career FT% though.

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

I mean... the man makes millions of dollars a year to do nothing with basketball. He practices with the best shooter in the NBA in Ray Allen. There's no reason he can't learn to shoot FTs. I promise you it's probably his attitude. He probably doesn't want to change his technique. It's good to be hard nosed and stubborn sometime but he needs to humble himself and hire a damn FT teacher.
    The word uncoachable comes to mind. I've heard that about him somewhere. Can't quite put my finger on it though.

I mean... the man makes millions of dollars a year to do nothing with basketball. He practices with the best shooter in the NBA in Ray Allen. There's no reason he can't learn to shoot FTs. I promise you it's probably his attitude. He probably doesn't want to change his technique. It's good to be hard nosed and stubborn sometime but he needs to humble himself and hire a damn FT teacher.
    he has changed his technique a multiple of times which can tend to compound the problem he shooting motion this year seems much more consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by ballup
    He's had a shot before, but it wasn't in a consistent spot. He used to have a long baseline midrange shot, but that disappeared. Then he had a pull up jumper at long midrange and 3, but that also disappeared. This new one seems like a keeper though.

His free throws are a problem, but can you really complain on how fast his point guard skills have grown?
    haven't seen that since the championship season he hit a few big baseline jumpers during that playoff run. Who can forget the 2 big baseline 3 he hit to cut the Cavs lead in half.