Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-23-2012, 09:59 AM   #121
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Psychology Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draz
Medical isn't for me, I've definitely thought about it. Blood, etc will kill me. I still to this very day at age 19-20 is afraid and will always be afraid of needles/blood tests.

The reason why I'm forcing myself to love/get into psyc is because of the nature it'll get me into. The environment, I love helping people, I love communicating and enjoying the smile of someone knowing I'm willing to help and endure pressure to do so. I wouldn't say I'm forcing myself to love the field because that's the only field I see, that or marketing/sales representative and hopefully a BA in that will help me as entry level jobs if I ever take that route.

How hard is it to get a MA? Is it the same way you get a AS/BA? What really would they give me for classes in that degree? I can only imagine what has to be studied as if what I already learned isn't enough there's more to be known or completed ..

I still question whether you've thought this through properly. Yes, you help a lot of people in psychology, but you also deal with a lot of nutcases who point blank can't be helped. For every person whose life you turn around, there will be five or more who are schizophrenic, bipolar, etc. who won't want to be helped, and who will blame their problems on you. It's a tough, rewarding career path, but don't overlook the negatives, because in a field like that there will be a lot of them. If you're passionate about psychology, then by all means you'll be successful in that line of work, but if you're simply looking to help people, you'd probably do best to choose a different career path.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: