Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: NBA 2K12 cover art to feature Jordan, Bird, Magic

I just hope Nintendo makes a standalone Wii Sports Resorts basketball and implements some Wii Motion dunks and that's the best basketball on the market by far.

They need to bring back the all decade team just so I can use players like Shaq, Tmac, AI, and Kobe in their primes again.

Edit: oh, and definitely do something about myplayer mode. On rookie the other team shoots 32% FG. On all star or w/e the next level up is, my team also shoots 32% FG. Why are NBA teams struggling to break 35% FG? My rebounding stats are inflated like crazy.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

01 Kings? Wouldnt it have to be Shaq involved? Wouldnt be Kobe challenges. At least I wouldnt think so. I guess people would want them though.

Home of the 16

Oh YEAH BABY!! Come To PAPA!! Cuz shit just got REAL!!!
    Ima get the Magic Johnson one...
    I wonder if each one of them has different Game Modes like.. MJ Challenges..

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    They need to bring back the all decade team just so I can use players like Shaq, Tmac, AI, and Kobe in their primes again.
    I'm not sure what console you have, but for the 360 and PC this year, there are some stellar classic teams (including all those players in their primes that you mentioned). The 360 has entire season rosters recreated, nearly every year from 1986 to 2007.

Granted, on the 360, many players from old teams are created (Robert Horry for example) but by and large, it's a stunning bit of fun. A lot of the bald former NBA players look eerily similar to their real life counterparts (Glen Rice, Nick Van Exel).

Mitch Richmond (360 created player):

Glen Rice (360 created player)

Regardless, the early indication seems to be that more "real" classic teams will be included this year and for that, I am excited.

I'm pumped. Needs a different background color. though.

Whats with the universe theme in 2k11 and this one? I dont get it.

THe cover should have a big $ and a hand with it's middle finger up. That would represent better this season.

NBA Superstar

I think it's also worth noting that Michael Jordan signed a three year extension with 2K, meaning he'll be in the game for the foreseeable future. I know many of us were wondering if his video game appearance would just be a one time deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    I'm not sure what console you have, but for the 360 and PC this year, there are some stellar classic teams (including all those players in their primes that you mentioned). The 360 has entire season rosters recreated, nearly every year from 1986 to 2007.

Granted, on the 360, many players from old teams are created (Robert Horry for example) but by and large, it's a stunning bit of fun. A lot of the bald former NBA players look eerily similar to their real life counterparts (Glen Rice, Nick Van Exel).

Mitch Richmond (360 created player):

Regardless, the early indication seems to be that more "real" classic teams will be included this year and for that, I am excited.
    Where do you find those rosters? All I have are those classic teams from 1986-1998.

Go to the main menu then features. Then 2Kshare. They do have some pretty good ones. Some are way off though and just seem to have random players on random teams. They are fun to use though.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    I think it's also worth noting that Michael Jordan signed a three year extension with 2K, meaning he'll be in the game for the foreseeable future. I know many of us were wondering if his video game appearance would just be a one time deal.
    NBA 2K11 is the best selling basketball sim ever I believe. It's still in the top 10 selling video games for last month which is insane, and that's largely because of Jordan so 2K Sports re-upping him was a no-brainer.

magic cover for me but only if they:

add more to my player mode!

screw all the other modes/old teams/all star teams/regular stuff.

just give me more my player stuff. Thats pretty much the only thing I play. It was pretty good but I want more options in my player.

I'll be happy if they find a way to ban anyone who uses a hacked player in crew games. Ban for a week the first time. Month the second. Till 2k13 the third time.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    Where do you find those rosters? All I have are those classic teams from 1986-1998.
    If you're on 360, I'd suggest taking a look at this link:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...iled-list.html

The first post shows all the "solid" rosters available on 2KShare for entire seasons. This is helpful because as KBlaze said, without some direction, it's easy to stumble upon very poorly made seasons. All the seasons in that link are pretty good.

I recommend anything by gamertag: "portlandblazer" ('86, '87, '90, '96, '97, '98, '00). He seems to do the best work in terms of details (accessories, lineups, created players, etc.). If you download one of the rosters, also be sure to check the entire league when searching for a team. For instance, the 1990 Knicks in the 1990 roster probably won't be under the normal Knicks slot. Instead, they'll probably be associated with the '95 Knicks slot (so their old court is used).

The 1987 roster was edited so every player has short shorts. They are currently working on edits to add short shorts to other rosters as well. You'll even notice that there are exported created teams with created jerseys to match old NBA teams not included (ex: the old '00 Hawks look pretty solid).

Also, I was off base. Past 1998, I see rosters for '00, '01, '04, '07, and '10. So all the years aren't covered, but a significant portion.
    Last edited by Rake2204; 07-21-2011 at 02:53 PM.