Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-09-2009, 04:48 AM   #16
UDøNIS

Default Re: New Video Released for Bart Shooting Footage (With Audio)

Quote:
Originally Posted by starface
i agree that the officers course of action is in excusable and he must suffer the utmost consequences.

im just annoyed at how certain groups are now going to characterize other groups, be it police or white people etc. over one man's actions, when members of those same groups pointing the finger commit these same types of crimes in ridiculous numbers, yet if you were to generalize THEM, they would have jessie jackson in your face so fast you wouldnt know what hit ya.

just more double standards on the way. it never ends.

Hmmm...really the pot calling the kettle black here "brah." You are seriously trying to call out others for making generalizations?

Well since you did, lets refresh our memories a bit, eh?

Quote:
Ok be honest.

A pregnant 23 year old named Korynda who hangs out at nightclubs in the early a.m. whilst carrying a child, is no longer walking this Earth.

Does this news sadden you? Let's hear some honest answers.

I'll go first.

No. I for one will admit, that I am 100% glad this ***** was shot down. She probably started 3 fights a day with people cause she didnt like the way they wuz lookin at her. You can almost guarantee she had already filled out the welfare application and was just waiting to lick the stamp the second that kid arrived. And that child was a virtual certainty to become a drain on society, a petty thief if we were lucky, but more probably a hardened criminal. That is, if he even survived child birth, given that his mother was out at clubs in the early hours of the morning, presumably drinking if not smoking and doing drugs as well.

No generalizing going on there...I'm glad you made an unbiased, impartial judgment based upon facts and not spouting some nonsensical bs...

Quote:
the human brain, as with most animal brains, is predisposed to categorizing, generalizing, making assumptions, etc.

its a pretty important evolutionary mechanism for survival, as well as a widely known scientific fact.

OH ok I get it now, it's ok to make assumptions and categorize things because it's a scientific fact. Wait...what were you just saying again???

Quote:
yet if you were to generalize THEM, they would have jessie jackson in your face so fast you wouldnt know what hit ya.

And the beauty of it all is you don't have to go farther than this post alone to find the ludicrous amount of hypocrisy.

Old 01-09-2009, 05:23 AM   #17
Parade
and t'all a good night

Parade is a pretty well-respected posterParade is a pretty well-respected posterParade is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtBag
Tazers have bright colored cartridges on them. The one we carry here are neon green. Also your tazer is on your weak hand side.
Also don't cops keep the safety on their sidearm? So chief wiggum unholstered his piece, took the safety off, and shot, all while the guy was restrained face down on the ground

I haven't been keeping up with the story (gonna go update in a minute), but if this dude is now claiming accident then . Guy should burn in hell.
Parade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 05:27 AM   #18
macmac
Gov'n

macmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think the worst part is it probably was an accident. No way this cop was dumb enough not to see all the witnesses and realize that ppl were taking pictures and filming. But then again he was even dumber for not realizing he was putting a bullet in the back of a detained guy's head.

It's tragic to see this cold blooded murder and I also find it weird how subdued the reactions were in the face of such an horrendous act.
macmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 05:32 AM   #19
32jazz
Local High School Star

32jazz has decent reputation32jazz has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parade
Also don't cops keep the safety on their sidearm? So chief wiggum unholstered his piece, took the safety off, and shot, all while the guy was restrained face down on the ground

I haven't been keeping up with the story (gonna go update in a minute), but if this dude is now claiming accident then . Guy should burn in hell.

The lowlife scumbag probably had a Glock(as many LEO have around the country) which only has a trigger safety. It is a aim & fire weapon with the safety built i the trigger.

That's why so may Glocks have accidetal discharges(Ask Plaxico Burris)
32jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 05:44 AM   #20
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

DirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parade

Well I don't know some agencies leave the safety off some leave them on. Working for the AF Police we leave ours off, that way if we have to pull it in a gun fight we can just pull and spray
DirtBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 05:49 AM   #21
32jazz
Local High School Star

32jazz has decent reputation32jazz has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 211269
I am in NO WAY siding with the police here but I am sorry, jumping up and getting in the face of armed cops is not something you want to do. The guy that got shot did it first and then his buddy next to him did. Notice the other people around them werent even looked at twice, they stayed sitting down and werent acting aggressively. I am sure those people were ordered to sit there for probably doing something illegal and/or stupid. The person who even puts himself in that situation is an idiot.

The man gets shot in the back, face down with his hands behind his back, but he is the idiot? Not the cop who shot him? In the back.

Exactly where the hell did this guy get in the officers face? You are obviously watching different video as it is clear that most here agree that the guy was complying for the most part.

Go ahead & defend them as you are obviously convinced ,
though evideNce has historically prove otherwise, that cops are always honest & never ever abuse their power.

Like the Blogger states the very WHITE "don't tase me Bro" guy put up far more resistance. This guy put up little if any. You are the only person who seems to see this resistance.

Even if he was going for his taser there was no reason for it. I hope this officer is placed on a predominaterly Black cell block.

I hope when he reaches for the soap he doesn't accidently grab a Big Black C*** instead like he did with the taser/gun.
32jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 06:02 AM   #22
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

DirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

okay so I watched it again twice and now I am convinced he did not try and grab for his tazer. When you use your tazer you HAVE to make sure the other officers are out of the way and not touching the the person you are going to taze. That officer pulled his weapon and immediately shot. That right there was clearly murder. the chances of the wires hitting another officer that close is really unlikely but you have to have to have to call the other officers back and out of the way just for the sake of officer safety. not only that but the way the tazer holster is set up is backwards of that of a hand gun. meaning the gun is designed for your strong hand to reach straight down and to pull out, the tazer is designed for your STRONG HAND (again the strong hand never the weak hand) to reach across your body and to pull it out. so that means the butt of your weapon is facing outwards.
DirtBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:17 PM   #23
PK3434
Good Golly!

PK3434 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtBag
okay so I watched it again twice and now I am convinced he did not try and grab for his tazer. When you use your tazer you HAVE to make sure the other officers are out of the way and not touching the the person you are going to taze. That officer pulled his weapon and immediately shot. That right there was clearly murder. the chances of the wires hitting another officer that close is really unlikely but you have to have to have to call the other officers back and out of the way just for the sake of officer safety. not only that but the way the tazer holster is set up is backwards of that of a hand gun. meaning the gun is designed for your strong hand to reach straight down and to pull out, the tazer is designed for your STRONG HAND (again the strong hand never the weak hand) to reach across your body and to pull it out. so that means the butt of your weapon is facing outwards.

Thank you for the informative post. WOW..what the hell was that guy (not) thinking?
PK3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:49 PM   #24
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

emsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation here

why would a cop just blatantly shoot someone in the back in front of all these people? the cops must know they're untouchable . and no way you mistake a gun for a tazer .
emsteez forreal is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: