Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 10-03-2009, 09:51 AM   #16
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Bynum/Kareem Tutoring is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
I think it is time for Hakeem to work with him....don't get me wrong, I think the Skyhook is the greatest shot ever invented. Kareem is who he is, I'm surprised Bynum put up with him as long as he did. I think he could learn much more....in a better manner, from Hakeem.

See....I didn't go on my Kareem rant this time....lol.

+1
Would rep you if I could Bro. Hakeem would be nice working with AB...
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 10:03 AM   #17
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Bynum/Kareem Tutoring is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA.MJ&KB#1
+1
Would rep you if I could Bro. Hakeem would be nice working with AB...

Agreed, its not a bad Idea at all.

This isn't a knock against Kareem. I just feel he's a bit more 1-dimensional. From what I've gathered over the past few years he had been trying to get Bynum to do certain things that Bynum was just too stubborn to do (i.e. the sky hook).

To be honest, Kobe's low post game is excellent. Maybe Kobe can help Bynum out as well and have the team save money on coaches lol.

Then you also got the Orlando Magic. Dwight doesn't have the best game in the world but it has improved a lot since he was a rookie and I believe Pat Ewing has done a solid job making Dwight better.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 01:03 PM   #18
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: InsideHoops Rumor: Bynum/Kareem Tutoring is over.

Hakeem next
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 06:41 PM   #19
big baller
(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^)

big baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I forgot he played in the 09 playoffs "oldlol:
big baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:33 PM   #20
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Enough with the coaching. He needs to learn on his own. He should feel privileged to have kareem for 4 years.

How many young players come in the league and have a special coach?

I think the contract that lakers gave him is gonna come bite them in their adsses

Enough Babysitting
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:47 AM   #21
DKLaker

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
Enough with the coaching. He needs to learn on his own. He should feel privileged to have kareem for 4 years.

How many young players come in the league and have a special coach?

I think the contract that lakers gave him is gonna come bite them in their adsses

Enough Babysitting

??????? "Enough with the coaching"????????? A very strange comment indeed.
I would love to hear that type of RANT......it would surpass AI's famous "Practice" Rant. Do you realize that these guys have coaches working with them their entire career??? Do you realize that Kobe sought out Hakeem to "Coach" him and teach him his post moves......last I saw, Kobe just won a championship and is the bes player in the NBA......but YOU think Bynum should not have a coach and should try to figure it out himself....REALLY????
Let's hope Andrew is smarter than to think that he can be a great player without coaching. YES, every player has coaches working with them....during the season AND very many during the offseason. Are you from the school of; coaches don't win games, players do? I'm just curious.
Kareem is a very abrasive person to deal with, I don't think Bynum was receptive to him as a person......that being the case 4 years is far too long.....it's time for Hakeem. The 4 years was really NOT a true 4 years due to time spent with injuries, surgery and recovery time.
I think it's worth it because......a young body like that with the moves of Hakeem and the shot of Kareem would be as amazing to watch as Kobe is.......besides, that contract is already signed and we need to get our money's worth.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:34 AM   #22
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
??????? "Enough with the coaching"????????? A very strange comment indeed.
I would love to hear that type of RANT......it would surpass AI's famous "Practice" Rant. Do you realize that these guys have coaches working with them their entire career??? Do you realize that Kobe sought out Hakeem to "Coach" him and teach him his post moves......last I saw, Kobe just won a championship and is the bes player in the NBA......but YOU think Bynum should not have a coach and should try to figure it out himself....REALLY????
Let's hope Andrew is smarter than to think that he can be a great player without coaching. YES, every player has coaches working with them....during the season AND very many during the offseason. Are you from the school of; coaches don't win games, players do? I'm just curious.
Kareem is a very abrasive person to deal with, I don't think Bynum was receptive to him as a person......that being the case 4 years is far too long.....it's time for Hakeem. The 4 years was really NOT a true 4 years due to time spent with injuries, surgery and recovery time.
I think it's worth it because......a young body like that with the moves of Hakeem and the shot of Kareem would be as amazing to watch as Kobe is.......besides, that contract is already signed and we need to get our money's worth.

Bynum isnt exactly the saint in this either. He can be a bit stubborn sometimes and it hurts us. remember when he shot 3/11 or something like that when we eliminated the magic? Its as if he was trying to be the MVP.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:56 AM   #23
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Bynum isnt exactly the saint in this either. He can be a bit stubborn sometimes and it hurts us. remember when he shot 3/11 or something like that when we eliminated the magic? Its as if he was trying to be the MVP.

I don't think DKLaker was suggesting that Bynum is not a contributor to this issue as well. What he is saying (i believe and agree with) is that even the best of the best have coaches to work with them and Bynum is no exception. He needs a coach or coaches.

Personally, I too am concerned that Bynum has not sought out anyone but his personal trainer. I think its a maturity thing and lets hope that something finally clicks in him to remind him of his $57M commitment to excellence!

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:36 AM   #24
AJ2k8
Banned

AJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Sorry if i've missed something(only glanced over most posts) but isn't Hakeem working with Yao in Houston, i know Yao will most likely be injured for most of next season but would Hakeem (if he is working with him) really change from Houston to LA?
AJ2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:44 PM   #25
DKLaker

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ2k8
Sorry if i've missed something(only glanced over most posts) but isn't Hakeem working with Yao in Houston, i know Yao will most likely be injured for most of next season but would Hakeem (if he is working with him) really change from Houston to LA?

Hakeem is NOT on the Rockets coaching staff, therefore not being paid by them. This means he is free and available to coach or train whomever he chooses...for whatever money he can make....call him a free agent.

I don't see any reason for Hakeem to work with Yao now. Yao will be out the entire season so obviously he cannot really play on the foot and would have to severely adjust his footwork as the foot gets stronger....there would be NO benefit to Yao now. Hakeem has worked with Yao in the past however that got stopped by other foot / toe injuries and the Olympics.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:30 PM   #26
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

yeah.. because Bynum has perfected his game and cant improve anympore??

riiiiight..

I think it might be a little bit from both parties.

I'm sure that Bynum might not be the most willing learner maybe because of his cofidence(or too much of it. that might or might not be deserved)

and maybe kareem isnt the most motivational,inspiring, and best teacher out there.

Maybe we should try and get the dream to work on him.

Because Bynum plays, but he looks way too fustrated out there, way too tensed and he isnt playing comfortable basketball out there. not like he was BEFORE any injury he has had.

maybe its the the injury? maybe he isnt healthy? maybe his knee isnt the same? maybe his mind isnt in it? maybe he is too cocky? maybe he is trying too hard? maybe he's fustrated? maybe he isnt as athletic as he used to be? maybe he feels like he has something to prove? maybe he isnt having fun playing basketball like he used to.

Maybe its a combo of everything? but for whatever reason it may be, he needs to return to the bynum of old, because that bynum we had 2 years ago is a bynum that I would be happy to have on our squad.
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 03:27 PM   #27
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
I don't think DKLaker was suggesting that Bynum is not a contributor to this issue as well. What he is saying (i believe and agree with) is that even the best of the best have coaches to work with them and Bynum is no exception. He needs a coach or coaches.

Personally, I too am concerned that Bynum has not sought out anyone but his personal trainer. I think its a maturity thing and lets hope that something finally clicks in him to remind him of his $57M commitment to excellence!

I've seen him yell back at Kurt atleast 3 times when Rambis tried to tell him about his mistakes at the sidelines. Semblance of Adrian Beltre yelling back at the Dodger's hitting coach several years back.
I think it was you who brought up a great point about the possibility of him getting fat and laid back after signing that 50+ million contract....In hindsight, it was such a very risky move enhanced by Jimmy Buss bieng totally infatuated with Bynum during contract negotiations..it's almost like me trying to haggle for the car's lowest price while my wife was drooling over the car, with eyes yelling at me to just pay for whatever they were asking...
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 04:00 PM   #28
Coop-A-Loop
I can handle it!!!

Coop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCoop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCoop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCoop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCoop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCoop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCoop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCoop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCoop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCoop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak

I think Charlie Rosen from Fox Sports agrees....and this guy is good friends with Phil from their NYC days

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/10147764/Answering-your-NBA-questions:-Bynum's-failings?
Coop-A-Loop is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: