Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 12-30-2006, 02:58 PM   #1
j Fresh
Local High School Star

j Fresh has an OK reputation so far
Default If YOU were the Knicks coach

If YOU were the Knicks coach
.Isiah Thomas is obviously the only coach in the world who can coach this kind of team. To me this team is some what hard headed to learn anything on the defensive end and they don't share the ball enough on offensive. The good thing is that they are learning and they are getting better within every game they play (sort of). What would YOU do if you were the Knicks coach?

.Knicks Roster

32 Renaldo Balkman F 6-8 208 07/14/1984 South Carolina R
26 Kelvin Cato C 6-11 275 08/26/1974 Iowa State 9
25 Mardy Collins G 6-6 220 08/04/1984 Temple R
11 Jamal Crawford G 6-5 190 03/20/1980 Michigan 6
34 Eddy Curry C-F 6-11 285 12/05/1982 Thornwood HS (IL)
1 Steve Francis G 6-3 210 02/21/1977 Maryland 7
7 Channing Frye F 6-11 248 05/17/1983 Arizona 1
13 Jerome James C 7-1 280 11/17/1975 Florida A&M 6
20 Jared Jeffries F 6-11 240 11/25/1981 Indiana 4
42 David Lee F 6-9 249 04/29/1983 Florida 1
3 Stephon Marbury G 6-2 205 02/20/1977 Georgia Tech 10
23 Quentin Richardson F-G 6-6 230 04/13/1980 DePaul 6
4 Nate Robinson G 5-9 180 05/31/1984 Washington 1
31 Malik Rose F 6-7 255 11/23/1974 Drexel 10

j Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 03:19 PM   #2
j Fresh
Local High School Star

Under my coaching, we would have a 9 man rotation of....

Starting Five
C Eddy Curry
PF Channing Frye
SF Renaldo Balkman
SG Steve Francis
PG Stephon Marbury

6 Jamal Crawford
7 David Lee
8 Nate Robinson
9 Jared Jeffries

and our game plan .... play active defense with your hands up and communicating at all times on the defensive end and helping out on the weak side. Renaldo Balkman will be the enforcer. His job is defending the opposing team's best player, wether it'd be downlow or up top. Eddy Curry and Channing Frye should at least try to pull down 10 rebounds per game, and avoid fouling and stay active. Stephon Marbury can use his quickness for steals, and Steve Francis can use his athleticsIsm to shut down opponents.

On offense, let Stephon Marbury be Starbury, he will get 8 assts a game and it's not like he doesn't give up the ball. Steve Francis has to be agressive and drive the lane, and Eddy Curry too. Channing Frye has to develop a Tim Duncan like game. Jamal Crawford is the scorer off the bench.
Old 12-30-2006, 03:39 PM   #3
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Starting 5

C- Eddy Curry
PF- Channing Frye
SF- Jared Jeffries
SG- Quentin Richardson
PG- Stephon Marbury

6th man - David Lee
7th man - Jamal Crawford
8th man - Renaldo Balkman

Bench- Steve Francis
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 04:30 PM   #4
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far

The first thing I would do is tell Jerome James and Stevie Francis to go home and never put on a Knick uniform again. He plays them because of their contracts.

The next thing is to give Curry a timetable. We know you can score around the basket, but being a center in the NBA you are required to do so much more. Do it!!!!! or you can have a seat.

Starting lineup.

Marbury
Crawford
Lee
Frye
Curry

I love Q but he is injured and I think he has a history of back problems now. He would be my first person off the bench as a 2 or 3 depending on the match up.

Jefferies too, he's my bench guy to play the 3, 4 and 5. He is not a starter because he is not able to score. Zeke is starting him because of his contract.

Nate is cool coming off the bench for instant energy and offense. Balkman off the bench to play the 3 or 4 depending on the matchup and for energy.

Rose is good as a last resort and for some veteran leadership. Cato is a good backup center and should be seeing more minutes, I don't understand why Isiah doesn't play him more. Collins needs more playing time and should see it rather than Francis who has done absolutely nothing.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 07:37 PM   #5
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

If I were the Knicks coach they would have found me hanging by a rope just like Hussein last night. I would regret EVER assembling a team like the one I just did. They are just terrible. Tomorrow should be another blow out. Mark my words. The West is the most dominant conference and this West coast trip is not going to go well for the Knicks.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 07:41 PM   #6
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo
If I were the Knicks coach they would have found me hanging by a rope just like Hussein last night. I would regret EVER assembling a team like the one I just did. They are just terrible. Tomorrow should be another blow out. Mark my words. The West is the most dominant conference and this West coast trip is not going to go well for the Knicks.
Theyll be fine, after tonights rest, and facing a bad team like LAC, we should be fine.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 07:43 PM   #7
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafir
Theyll be fine, after tonights rest, and facing a bad team like LAC, we should be fine.

Bad teams are the ones that smack them around. ALOT!!
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 08:57 PM   #8
joshk
i clog mad toilets

joshk has an OK reputation so far

Starting 5:

PG: S. Marbury
SG: J. Crawford
SF: D. Lee
PF: C. Frye
C: E. Curry

6: J. Jeffries
7: R. Balkman
8: N. Robinson

And I would send Francis over to Iraq to be hung.
joshk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 09:06 PM   #9
j Fresh
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddybluesman
The first thing I would do is tell Jerome James and Stevie Francis to go home and never put on a Knick uniform again. He plays them because of their contracts.

The next thing is to give Curry a timetable. We know you can score around the basket, but being a center in the NBA you are required to do so much more. Do it!!!!! or you can have a seat.

Starting lineup.

Marbury
Crawford
Lee
Frye
Curry

I love Q but he is injured and I think he has a history of back problems now. He would be my first person off the bench as a 2 or 3 depending on the match up.

Jefferies too, he's my bench guy to play the 3, 4 and 5. He is not a starter because he is not able to score. Zeke is starting him because of his contract.

Nate is cool coming off the bench for instant energy and offense. Balkman off the bench to play the 3 or 4 depending on the matchup and for energy.

Rose is good as a last resort and for some veteran leadership. Cato is a good backup center and should be seeing more minutes, I don't understand why Isiah doesn't play him more. Collins needs more playing time and should see it rather than Francis who has done absolutely nothing.

you sir are an NBA Coach! At least a smart one. I like that timetable for Eddy Curry, but like you said, they are all playing because of their contract, and who else are you going to play at Center? I'd go for Patric Ewing even now at his age, at least we'd get some TOUGHNESS and AGRESSIVE defense! Eddy Curry is somewhat soft or lazy or slow or all three to do any real damage, he should lose some weight and try playing some better D!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: