Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-02-2007, 09:06 AM   #31
power works
High School JV MVP

power works has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Raptors continue to surprise... even me

The addition of Garbo, AP and Rasho plus the trade of Araujo boosted the basketball IQ of the club by 1000 %.

Also, the subtraction of Mike James, the development of Calderon plus the addition of TJ Ford decreased the chuck factor of the club by 1000 %.
power works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:03 AM   #32
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

God dman this is my favoutie threead.. O Miles, Kwaj,,,, and more,,, blaeh
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:09 AM   #33
Gregsguys
Good High School Starter

Gregsguys has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force
Playing in Canada is always a disadvantage when it comes to free agents, but this team is coning togetger well.

IN most of the major sports playing in Canada has been a disadvantage when the team sucked....a good team will always attract good free agents because lets face it winning is more fun than losing.

Toronto is at a disadvantage to attracting some american players who are unsure how living in igloos would work. Toronto is at an advantage to attracting the international players because it is one of the most multicultural cities in the NBA>
Gregsguys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:18 AM   #34
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Damn, I was just about to say something similar. The disadvantage TO had in the Free Agent market was due to 3 things: a poor dollar, sucky teams & the unwillingness to play in Canada. Well most of those are non-issues if you look at things the right way. First, the dollar is much stronger than it was even just 4 years ago. Second, the team is better and has a very reputable GM now. Thirdly, while we can't do anything to make Canada more appealing to Americans, there are many European players who are in some cases more willing to move to Canada than the US (Bargnani said something to this effect before the draft).
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:20 AM   #35
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

RAPSCANWIN has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregsguys
IN most of the major sports playing in Canada has been a disadvantage when the team sucked....a good team will always attract good free agents because lets face it winning is more fun than losing.

Toronto is at a disadvantage to attracting some american players who are unsure how living in igloos would work. Toronto is at an advantage to attracting the international players because it is one of the most multicultural cities in the NBA>

Outside of New York it probably is the most Multi cultural city in North America. American players dont like our taxes and misconceptions that once they cross over the Bridge in Detroit its the Antarctica. Then we have those like Antonio Davis who slag our school system. Apparently were not as smart as the Yanks.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:20 AM   #36
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo
Thirdly, while we can't do anything to make Canada more appealing to Americans, there are many European players who are in some cases more willing to move to Canada than the US (Bargnani said something to this effect before the draft).

It's because Canadians are much more like Europeans. The cultures are very similar.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: