Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Default Re: More people have died from hammers and clubs then rifles..

Quote Originally Posted by shlver
    Because you cannot use hindsight to judge her actions. She was hiding from the intruder, not prepared to shoot him in the face as he walked through the door.
    Oh yeah, I was talking more in generalities (in response to owning guns to protect property - which is what the story was used to argue for). By that point, yeah that is probably all she could do (or thought she could do, who knows how he would have reacted if she didn't have the gun).

Michael Jordan of ISH

I would argue that in most cases, those killed with guns are those that would be less likely to be killed with hammers.

I'm assuming those killed with hammers/clubs are generally the elderly, young children, those that are on drugs/intoxicated, and hookers. These people would have been killed regardless, hell most of them could have been strangled. Nothing was really going to protect them.

In shootings however, could you imagine the Aurora massacre happening with a guy armed with a hammer?

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 28renyoy
    I would argue that in most cases, those killed with guns are those that would be less likely to be killed with hammers.

I'm assuming those killed with hammers/clubs are generally the elderly, young children, those that are on drugs/intoxicated, and hookers. These people would have been killed regardless, hell most of them could have been strangled. Nothing was really going to protect them.

In shootings however, could you imagine the Aurora massacre happening with a guy armed with a hammer?
    again, this misleading stat is about rifles, not all guns. so, no shotguns or handguns.

also, there is no doubt that killing with a gun is much more emotionally attached than stabbing or other upclose killing methods. All of the psychology supports this, as do soldier testimonies from the civil war onwards. It was much harder, mentally and emotionally, to bayonet someone than to shoot at them for any distance.

just to follow up on a point that has not really been addressed. I cant even have a dog without having an annual registration/license. Why cant guns be treated the same? I dont see any rational argument where the same steps necessary to own a dog or a car can be considered an infringement on your right to keep and bear arms, as a well regulated militia is necessary to the state.

This is just a sad attempt to downplay the issue. If you want to know how illogical you sound then we should also outlaw candy bars, natural causes, water, and a million other things.

Candy bars haven't been used to commit mass murder. Guns have. You can't go to a school and murder 25 people with a hammer and clubs. It certainly wouldn't be as easy as using a machine gun.

Quote Originally Posted by shlver
    Because you cannot use hindsight to judge her actions. She was hiding from the intruder, not prepared to shoot him in the face as he walked through the door.
    Did you have a response to my reply? Usually you are pretty quick to respond, but sometimes you just stop. I'm not sure if that is because you agree? Or you can't be bothered?

I have to admit, I like your posts, but you are a little on the light side of content.

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    That's very misleading statistics since it doesnt take into account the number of people who have guns vs hammer.

Lol that is possibly the worst article and statistic ever assembled....why hammers and clubs together? Why just rifles? Pick any random two things to prove a retarded point makes no sense...

Baby dolphins and transvestites are more likely to swim for longer periods of time than 36 year old balding men.... Boooom transvestites are in better shape than middle aged men, ban older men from swimming competitions

Quote Originally Posted by macmac
    Lol that is possibly the worst article and statistic ever assembled....why hammers and clubs together? Why just rifles? Pick any random two things to prove a retarded point makes no sense...

Baby dolphins and transvestites are more likely to swim for longer periods of time than 36 year old balding men.... Boooom transvestites are in better shape than middle aged men, ban older men from swimming competitions
    Did people actually read "hammers" and continue on? I just left it at the gate and went right back into it.

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor
    can you massacre 20 people at one time with a hammer?

when Im in the club I go mc hammer

Quote Originally Posted by bmulls
    Rifles are produced to shoot targets and kill animals. Rifles are not produced to commit murder. Murder is an improper use of a rifle.
    The statement is very valid, you are simply arguing semantics.

Hilarious how you phagg0ts mock people when they blame video games, but when they blame guns you don't bat an eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Can firearms be used to build houses?
    Yes, point it at a couple of workers.

Anyway, the reason for that meaningless stat is that everyone has a hammer, not everyone has a rifle. Proportionally, rifles kill more ppl.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    Anyway, the reason for that meaningless stat is that everyone has a hammer, not everyone has a rifle. Proportionally, rifles kill more ppl.
    and, again, it excludes handguns and shotguns, which are also frequently used to kill. 33 people a day die in this country from gunshots