Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Chris Kyle dead.....

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    You are not getting the point. It has nothing to with being a good soldier.

of course it doesn't...he could have applied himself to be a great swimming instructor....or a teacher....or a great doctor....

point bieng....he served his country and was great at it.

Quote Originally Posted by bmulls

Hilarious how you think you've got it all figured out and we Americans are just naive 'Merica loving pawns.

The US isn't doing anything different than the UK, Spain, France, Rome and every other global empire has done throughout history. Do you not realize the only reason your country exists is because of England's colonialism?

"So many countries that dislike America" would be doing the exact same thing if they were in the US' position.

Ironic how you recognize that there are no good guys vs. bad guys yet you still fail to see the forest for the trees.
    I know your exact type and trust me one day you will also look back on your current perspective and see yourself as naive.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    give me a f***ing break.

Terrorists? What terrorists do you speak of? Al-Qaieda? Taliban? WIthout the US governments funding, they would not exist. They were funded by YOUR government in order to fight the Soviets.

Many people would not be quick to applaud those for a problem they created themselves. Sure, they coordinated 9/11, but not a single person involved in 9/11 was Iraqi or Afghani. Those wars were ideological wars against regimes supposedly in possession of WMDs (false) and supposedly threatened the "democracy" of the United States.

be a good lamb and gobble this s*** up, but I for one will never accept the murder of hundreds of thousands of people over the span of 20 years as "heroic". They call the Arab world barbaric, but who are the real barbarians here.
    Move to Iran and live there for a year. Come back and tell me about barbarians.

Of course you would never do anything of the sort, because you like your comfy life and would never actually back up anything you have to say. You'd rather sit at your computer and criticize than do something about it.

Decent college freshman

I know your exact type and trust me one day you will also look back on your current perspective and see yourself as naive.
    I used to be your type when I was a 20 year old know-it-all college student. You'll grow out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    of course it doesn't...he could have applied himself to be a great swimming instructor....or a teacher....or a great doctor....

point bieng....he served his country and was great at it.
    Maybe he was a man of character who strived to uphold his values but him being a good sniper is not reason enough for me to call him a hero.

I used to be your type when I was a 20 year old know-it-all college student. You'll grow out of it.
    If we were talking in person you would know that there is no arrogance and would know that I am not a know it all, the reason I said that is because you seemed to have the narrative of good vs evil which we all know is just not true.

Yes because as you get older....everyone under stands it's all sunshine and rainbows..

- BULLSH!T.....talk to most old folks...especially the ones who seen combat...

They are the most patriotic hard core MF's out there....They understand the rules better then anyone...

kill or be killed....

Maybe he was a man of character who strived to uphold his values but him being a good sniper is not reason enough for me to call him a hero.

Nor is it for me....It's his actions that made him a hero..

Yes because as you get older....everyone under stands it's all sunshine and rainbows..

- BULLSH!T.....talk to most old folks...especially the ones who seen combat...

They are the most patriotic hard core MF's out there....They understand the rules better then anyone...

kill or be killed....
    Stop posting stupid glamorized shit about war. "The realest game of all" "swim with the sharks" " know the rules: kill or be killed." Shut the fcuk up already.

You know that modern war is not some honourable shit fought on equal footing right?

Stop posting stupid glamorized shit about war. "The realest game of all" "swim with the sharks" " know the rules: kill or be killed." Shut the fcuk up already.

You know that modern war is not some honourable shit fought on equal footing right?

- Have you served in the Military?...Have you been in combat?.....How the **** would you know what it's like?...

- Don't get upset because some people took an oath to serve thier country...I take honor in my fellow brothers who faught side by side....I glamorize the real....

- "Modern war" is the same thing as two cave men battling over a Mammoth meat......those who believe the most ....those who believe the longest will win

save your sidewalk Phsychology....unless you served you have no right to talk

Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer? johndeeregreen's Avatar

Not that anyone cares, but my two cents:

These guys don't pick when and where they fight. Though many of you will look down their noses at these guys for being "naive," a lot of them join truly believing that they are trying to make their country safer and the world a better place. You may find those ideals to be ignorant or misguided, that's your prerogative, but you should also respect people who think differently than you in that regard.

To the topic at hand, whether or not you feel the war was justified or not, to me, is irrelevant. I've never been in combat, but have read many, many accounts from guys who served in some of the US' most high-profile foreign policy blunders, from Vietnam to Iraq, and the common thread is that these guys are out there fighting for each other. They didn't choose to go into these shitholes for unclear reasons with ambiguous objectives; so what they do is, day to day, do their best to get by with themselves and their buddies in one piece. That's how I regard these guys; to me, they aren't heroes because they killed X amount of Iraqis, they are heroes because they fought to bring one another home intact. A lot of these guys get back and speak out against the war, against what they were subjected to, but to a man they all fought as hard as they could when they were in the shit. Why? Certainly not to further their country's agenda, but for the guy on either side of them. And that's something that you can't take away from them, regardless of your politics.

Just because guys who served in WWII had a "cause" and guys in Iraq didn't shouldn't diminish what they have been through in service of the country. You want to hate on the dickless politicians that constantly misuse the military for their own personal agendas, absolutely, I'm first in line. But I think it's silly to dismiss veterans of unpopular wars because of circumstances outside their control.
    Last edited by johndeeregreen; 02-04-2013 at 02:18 PM.

Move to Iran and live there for a year. Come back and tell me about barbarians.

Of course you would never do anything of the sort, because you like your comfy life and would never actually back up anything you have to say. You'd rather sit at your computer and criticize than do something about it.
    What does Iran have to do with this? This comment makes no sense. Conflating Iran's extremism across the whole middle east proves your ignorance and lack of knowledge of the actual situation in the middle east.

Further, I was born in Sudan, lived in Qatar and Bahrain, and I was living in Kuwait when the Gulf War started, yet you assume I have no right to criticize? Maybe if you heard the sound of bombs dropping outside your a mile from your door you would change you tune. Yet again, you claim I only sit at my computer and criticize? How very ironic.

Decent college freshman

If we were talking in person you would know that there is no arrogance and would know that I am not a know it all, the reason I said that is because you seemed to have the narrative of good vs evil which we all know is just not true.
    Which part of this leads you to think I believe in a "good vs. evil" narrative?

Hilarious how you think you've got it all figured out and we Americans are just naive 'Merica loving pawns.

The US isn't doing anything different than the UK, Spain, France, Rome and every other global empire has done throughout history. Do you not realize the only reason your country exists is because of England's colonialism?

"So many countries that dislike America" would be doing the exact same thing if they were in the US' position.

Ironic how you recognize that there are no good guys vs. bad guys yet you still fail to see the forest for the trees.
    Especially re-read the last sentence.

You dislike the United States because you think our actions are immoral and our wars are unjustified. At the same time you think Americans are stupid because they don't realize there is no objective "good guys" or "bad guys".

Do you not see the irony? You're hating the player and the game.

I support the United States because I am a citizen and I appreciate all the freedoms and comforts afforded to me. I also understand the United States has to take care of it's own interests first and foremost. I don't give a shit if other countries "dislike" the US, because I know they would be doing the exact same things if they were in the US' position.

Keep thinking Americans are gullible sheep if it helps you feel better about yourself. There's a reason we lead the world in economy, science, technology, space travel, military and university. There's a reason you watch American TV shows and movies, eat at McDonald's, listen to American music. Our culture is exported all over the world. The only reason we are having this discussion on this board is because of the American made NBA.

- Have you served in the Military?...Have you been in combat?.....How the **** would you know what it's like?...

- Don't get upset because some people took an oath to serve thier country...I take honor in my fellow brothers who faught side by side....I glamorize the real....

- "Modern war" is the same thing as two cave men battling over a Mammoth meat......those who believe the most ....those who believe the longest will win

You are quite the clown. You are talking about war like it is a football game except in this case one team has drones flying overhead and has bombers bombing the shit out of everything including civilians.

Listen, no one is talking shit about your military that you love, the point is that serving in the military in and of itself does not make one a hero. Is an iraqi sniper who killed 255 american soldiers a hero? He is protecting his brothers in arms and defending his homeland from the powerhungry invading superpower that is also taking advantage of his lands resources. He must be a hero right?

Yeah, those two things are totally the same. It's all about believing.