Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls 2

Default Dark Souls 2

Prepare to die...again...

Following Dark Souls, an instant classic, after a few years the next one is being released 3-11-14.

Who's getting this? I know I am, probably the most difficult game and most satisfying I have ever played.

Announcement Trailer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6uyuIQYlfY

Making of Part 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB4Ke5F78QQ

Making of Part 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuOhUwTkKOY

Gameplay Video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_JFDPCtXFY

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Default Re: Dark Souls 2

Had this pre-ordered since last summer (it was part of a pre-order 3, get each for $39 deal). I can't wait. Dark Souls is one of my favourite games of all time. I don't expect this to be a revolutionary leap given that it's still on PS3/X360 but a new story, new enemies and fine tuning is all I need. The core combat mechanics of Dark Souls are so good that small tweaks is all they need.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

Damn.....I still have to play Dark Souls. Been playing MGS4 (never completed it) in preparation for the MGS games coming out this year. Dark Souls will be next! I'll pick up DS2 in a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    Had this pre-ordered since last summer (it was part of a pre-order 3, get each for $39 deal). I can't wait. Dark Souls is one of my favourite games of all time. I don't expect this to be a revolutionary leap given that it's still on PS3/X360 but a new story, new enemies and fine tuning is all I need. The core combat mechanics of Dark Souls are so good that small tweaks is all they need.
    Ya after watching the Devs talk in those videos its reassuring they didnt sell out and make the game easier/change a lot of the mechanics.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Got my shipping notice for it today. I bought it on PS3 since that what I've played the Souls games on so far. I probably should wait for the PC version but ehhhhh I don't have the patience.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

I'm picking up my copy before work tomorrow. I'll start playing it when I get home from work. I'll read the instruction book at work. I can't wait!!! Dark Souls was so addictive. I beat it..left it for a couple months and than I would always come back to it. Amazing game. Looking forward to this.

Gamefly didn't ship this to me, fuggg.

Banned

cant wait for this game to fvck my ass

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jaydacris
    cant wait for this game to fvck my ass
    no metaphor

Spoiler free early impressions:

Got Dark Souls 2 today for both ps3 and xbox. First thing I noticed- It doesn't come with a manual! Lame! Though somewhat forgivable in Dark Souls' case because it adds to the "figure it out yourself" aura of the game. But we all know they did it to cut costs.

The graphics and atmosphere are GREAT! I wasn't a huge fan of those aspects in Dark Souls 1. I am also loving the enemy design so far.

Combat and controls feel as tight as ever.

Difficulty seems to be the same as the other two, it's still a tough game. I have been playing without a shield though, but that's how I always play. And I don't use magic or bows.

Quote Originally Posted by joe
    Spoiler free early impressions:

Got Dark Souls 2 today for both ps3 and xbox. First thing I noticed- It doesn't come with a manual! Lame! Though somewhat forgivable in Dark Souls' case because it adds to the "figure it out yourself" aura of the game. But we all know they did it to cut costs.

The graphics and atmosphere are GREAT! I wasn't a huge fan of those aspects in Dark Souls 1. I am also loving the enemy design so far.

Combat and controls feel as tight as ever.

Difficulty seems to be the same as the other two, it's still a tough game. I have been playing without a shield though, but that's how I always play. And I don't use magic or bows.
    Ya weird there was no manual, but you're right it kinda fits with theme. I did'nt really care regardless. What weapon and class did you choose? Curious. I went Warrior and I am using a +4 Bastard Sword.

I have been playing the heck out of it. Very very good game. I'm about 15 hours into it and I am unlocking new areas, farming and dieing of course. A lot of trial and error as I refuse to look online for assistance.

High School Varsity 6th Man treadster's Avatar

Can't wait until the PC release

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

Loving it so far. Too bad work and other things have to get in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaulding
    Ya weird there was no manual, but you're right it kinda fits with theme. I did'nt really care regardless. What weapon and class did you choose? Curious. I went Warrior and I am using a +4 Bastard Sword.

I have been playing the heck out of it. Very very good game. I'm about 15 hours into it and I am unlocking new areas, farming and dieing of course. A lot of trial and error as I refuse to look online for assistance.
    Using a swordsman. Scimitar +3 and a longsword +3 for backup. I love the warriors starting armor. Magnifique!

Banned

pursuer

8-(