Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default HBO's The Newsroom: "America Isn't the Greatest Country in the World"

Banned

Default Re: HBO's The Newsroom: "America Isn't the Greatest Country in the World"

You cant believe everything you hear on TV, sport.

Defensive spending ftw, other countries can't do shit to us.

Oh yeah, and not just Yosemite.

Yellowstone too, niccaz
    Last edited by Nick Young; 07-11-2012 at 08:02 PM.

Default Re: HBO's The Newsroom: "America Isn't the Greatest Country in the World"

It's a good scene and I thought I would share.

Full episode available here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1U4Zh...eature=related

Banned

Did aaron sorkin write this?

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    You cant believe everything you hear on TV, sport.

Defensive spending ftw, other countries can't do shit to us.

Oh yeah, and not just Yosemite.

Yellowstone too, niccaz
    You're saying it is?

Did aaron sorkin write this?
    Yeah, I think he did. Not sure if he will be writing all the episodes tho.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWhiteGreen
    You're saying it is?
    Yeah.

Who's greater right now?

China and their legions of children slaves that make the economy function where human shit floods the streets and coal dust floods the skies?

Sweden. Switzserland and Norway, rich countries ignored by the rest of the world? They aren't great. Merely content. No one is talking about these nations as super powers. They just have low populations and distribute the wealth more.

These arguments are just bullshit. I do think there are differing tiers in terms of countries, but I don't see what would put the United States ahead of Canada, the U.K. and a host of other awesome countries.

Yeah.

Who's greater right now?

China and their legions of children slaves that make the economy function where human shit floods the streets and coal dust floods the skies?

Sweden. Switzserland and Norway, rich countries ignored by the rest of the world? They aren't great. Merely content. No one is talking about these nations as super powers. They just have low populations and distribute the wealth more.
    Probably any country that can function under a central government, really. What's good about having individual state laws? What's good about being the most obese county in the world? What's good about having the most people in jail per capita? Oh right, because you have some Team America shit in your head, probably, and you spend a shitload on defending your country because its so awesome. Awesome, bro.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RaininTwos
    These arguments are just bullshit. I do think there are differing tiers in terms of countries, but I don't see what would put the United States ahead of Canada, the U.K. and a host of other awesome countries.
    The UK awesome, lawl did you forget about the riots that just happened?

Canada awesome, lawl wjere are you from kid, they are basically just one of America's states anyways.

The UK awesome, lawl did you forget about the riots that just happened?

Canada awesome, lawl wjere are you from kid, they are basically just one of America's states anyways.
    You've got the wrong one sergio.

I'm from all over, just trust me that I know Americana

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWhiteGreen
    Probably any country that can function under a central government, really. What's good about having individual state laws? What's good about being the most obese county in the world? What's good about having the most people in jail per capita? Oh right, because you have some Team America shit in your head, probably, and you spend a shitload on defending your country because its so awesome. Awesome, bro.
    Whats wrong with keeping people in prison, it just means we're keeping crime off the streets, unlike UK where people get like only like 3-5 years for rape and other f*cked up crimes.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RaininTwos
    You've got the wrong one sergio.

I'm from all over, just trust me that I know Americana
    oh, you're canadian, no wonder you think they the best country in the world.

Greatness-canada fulfills none of the requirements.

oh, you're canadian, no wonder you think they the best country in the world.

Greatness-canada fulfills none of the requirements.
    If you could read, you would realize that I said that no country was the greatest.

Whats wrong with keeping people in prison, it just means we're keeping crime off the streets, unlike UK where people get like only like 3-5 years for rape and other f*cked up crimes.
    Think it says a lot more about the people than it does anything else. A higher %age of Americans are rotting away in jail than anywhere else, but America is the best country in the world? OK, kid. I love how in the US it's considered OK to fatally shoot a guy because he looks suspicious, but you keep crime off the street! I didnt actually argue that the UK was any better, anyway, but I'd much rather live here, thanks... And if I remember right, didn't you choose to come to uni here? Why wouldn't you stay in the greatest country in the world?